Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Disney Infinity (2.0) Ripping Process
Tongue 
Hello fine folks! I see we've had a sort of lack of ripping from this series and the only one who did will not be able to upload the models any time soon. So I've come to help get this in the works.

First up, the models themselves. A very skilled script programmer for Blender has made a way to extract the models from any of the series with a relatively simple process. It works for PC or PS3, not sure about the Xbox 360 versions, I haven't tested them yet.

This following link contains the blender scripts and all needed files for them to work properly. It requires Blender 2.4.9.b and Python version 2.6.6 to work properly.

Dropbox Link

After downloading it, unzip the desired format, and make sure you copy EVERYTHING in the resulting folder and paste it into the deeper "scripts" folder of your Blender installation. Mine is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts"
After which, you open the 'Blender249.blend' file. This will load a prefabricated scene with the script ready to run. Click the script window and press "Alt+P" then navigate to the ".oct" file of the model set you wish to import. Load it up, and there you go, the model will appear in the viewer, ready for export, though without textures (we'll get to those in a bit).

Export your model as whatever format you desire. I usually just go for OBJ since the bones don't matter to my projects. Sometimes the model needs to be fully selected for the export to work. Just click in the model window and press the "A" key before exporting to make sure it's all selected. The export will take hopefully less than a second, and I'd suggest saving it to an easy place to find. (I usually do it to a folder on the Desktop).

If you wish to import more models and don't want to just restart the whole thing all over again, just click the model window and hit "Ctrl+Z" a few times until a window says "No Undo Exists" or something of that nature. Fresh start right there.

Now, for the textures, this is a bit more difficult. Depending on which version you're extracting from, you may be waiting for a bit for the textures. The PC version is simply re-named DDS files. Problem is, with the PC versions, the file archives as situational, so they only download onto your computer as they are needed, so playing the game is required to get them all. HOWEVER, with the PS3 versions, EVERYTHING is loaded already on the disc. Problem? Yeah, the textures thus far have yet to be properly extracted.

If anyone wants to try and figure out how to extract the PS3 textures, here's some samples of them.

PS3 Texture Samples

Until that is done, we have only the PC version to rip textures from. So unless someone else is willing to play the game through each encounter we could be waiting a while.

Now, the process of applying the textures is a bit of trial and error. When loading the model you will notice components of it are different colors or shades. This is because the pieces of the model are each their own material group. Note that this does not mean they will not have the same textures. It's just a weird thing that some do, some don't. This is where the trial and error comes in. Manually apply textures to each material group, then render to see if it looks right. Once all is properly assigned, your model is ready to go.

Something to note. A good number of them have eyelids, which are normally closed when the model is loaded. This is part of the model, yes it looks weird.

So there's the process. I hope we can figure out the textures soon enough, I'd like to get these going pretty soon.
Thanked by: OS-PRIME
(09-19-2015, 10:47 AM)Carpaccio Wrote: Hello fine folks! I see we've had a sort of lack of ripping from this series and the only one who did will not be able to upload the models any time soon. So I've come to help get this in the works.

I'm more than happy to upload my rips. The only reason I haven't uploaded them, is the models have "detail maps" and I couldn't figure out which "detail map" went with which "model"
Thanked by:
Well my main problem is getting the textures at all. I've currently got a Doofenshmirtz model and a Flying Dutchman model without proper textures, as well as Zurg and his Zurgbots. How did you manage to get the 'excluded' ones?
Thanked by:
(09-23-2015, 09:56 AM)Carpaccio Wrote: Well my main problem is getting the textures at all. I've currently got a Doofenshmirtz model and a Flying Dutchman model without proper textures, as well as Zurg and his Zurgbots. How did you manage to get the 'excluded' ones?

A F**CKIN S**TLOAD OF PATIENCE... Seriously, the textures directory, there are a heck of a lot of .zips. Extrack them, and search through every single .tbody texture. The directory should look like this:

\Disney Interactive\Disney Infinity 2.0 PC\asset-cache\base\image\assets\textures

Also mate, download Disney Infinity 1 for PC and rip the DI1 models using this game. Every texture you need is within the model .zip!
Thanked by:
I've tried the PC versions. They don't load all the model packages on first run. Some of them require you to access the related 'playsets' for them to load. For example with the first one, Zurg is missing on first run, as is all of the Lone Ranger stuff and the ships from the Pirates sets...
Thanked by:
(09-23-2015, 09:20 PM)Carpaccio Wrote: I've tried the PC versions. They don't load all the model packages on first run. Some of them require you to access the related 'playsets' for them to load. For example with the first one, Zurg is missing on first run, as is all of the Lone Ranger stuff and the ships from the Pirates sets...

That's true, but I do believe, and don't quote me on this. If you bought DI1 brand new for a console, it came with a world card that could be used to access the world's and characters on PC. I ain't too sure about this, since I never tried using a code though. I have both DI1 & and DI2 on 360, as well as the downloaded version of DI2 for PC, but I ain't got no interest in using the code myself!
Thanked by:
Damn, I don't actually own either myself...seems I'll need to find a way to do that.
Thanked by:
Someone can rip and upload the characters texture?
I find a model of stitch but the texture is missing...
Thanked by:
(09-10-2016, 09:27 AM)Smakkohooves Wrote: Someone can rip and upload the characters texture?
I find a model of stitch but the texture is missing...

In the install directory check: "\asset-cache\base\image\assets\textures" for all the textures, than extract all the .zip archives. Once all archives are extracted change ".tbody" extension to ".dds"

For a quick way to accomplish this:

Create a new text document  and change the extension to ".bat", right-click and select "edit"
Than copy and paste:

@echo off

ren *.tbody *.dds

Save the document, copy paste your ".bat" to where the ".tbody" textures are located and double-click the ".bat". Wait for it to complete than rummage through all the textures. There should be both a DIFFUSE and NORMAL map for Stitch. He may also have EYE textures, which means searching and more searching and MORE searching.

Also, on a side note: This thread has been dead for almost a year. Next time, create a new thread mate. Smile
Thanked by: Smakkohooves
(09-13-2016, 08:21 PM)Ecelon Wrote: Also, on a side note: This thread has been dead for almost a year. Next time, create a new thread mate. Smile

Thank you, but usually is a general forums rule search and use a existing topic, to dont' made two topics
About the same thing.

Beside this, i hope that the interest on disney infinity models returns, because have really nice detailed models of almost all the existing Disney characters.
Thanked by:
(09-14-2016, 10:28 AM)Smakkohooves Wrote:
(09-13-2016, 08:21 PM)Ecelon Wrote: Also, on a side note: This thread has been dead for almost a year. Next time, create a new thread mate. Smile

Thank you, but usually is a general forums rule search and use a existing topic, to dont' made two topics
About the same thing.

Beside this, i hope that the interest on disney infinity models returns, because have really nice detailed models of almost all the existing Disney characters.

You're right about double posting. My bad, sorry. If someone could figure out how to find out which textures go with which model, than I'd submit them myself. At current though, the only way is to use my method. Believe me, there are multiple duplicates and you have to find the eye diff and norm maps,band detail maps. Without an easier method, I doubt anyone would submit them.
Thanked by:
(09-14-2016, 06:28 PM)Ecelon Wrote: You're right about double posting. My bad, sorry. If someone could figure out how to find out which textures go with which model, than I'd submit them myself. At current though, the only way is to use my method. Believe me, there are multiple duplicates and you have to find the eye diff and norm maps,band detail maps. Without an easier method, I doubt anyone would submit them.
If you can find a way to send to me the zip archives
Of that folder i can do the work.After that i can send the finished work to the textures resource. I actually have some problems to download/install disney infinity.
Thanked by:
I have "painted" a new texture, i attach here.
Someone cnow a program to edit the texture with
A window to see in realtime what i'm doing?

Anyway i hope to find the original texture,
also with the bump map.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by:
(09-22-2016, 02:30 PM)Smakkohooves Wrote: I have "painted" a new texture, i attach here.
Someone cnow a program to edit the texture with
A window to see in realtime what i'm doing?

Anyway i hope to find the original texture,
also with the bump map.

I've attached the Disney Infinity 2.0 Stitch body "Diffuse" and "Normal" maps. I couldn't find the eye textures though, so you're going to have to create your own, sorry.

Attached Files
.zip   DI2_PC_DISNEY_Stitch.zip (Size: 310.44 KB / Downloads: 259)
Thanked by: Smakkohooves
(09-28-2016, 08:18 PM)Ecelon Wrote: I've attached the Disney Infinity 2.0 Stitch body "Diffuse" and "Normal" maps. I couldn't find the eye textures though, so you're going to have to create your own, sorry.
Good, ill' now try to match it toghether.
So for the eyes, it is just black, right?
I have to submit it to the custom models,
because his eyes :/
Thanked by: