Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pokémon Colosseum Help
I wanted to try and rip the models of Brendan/May/Red/Leaf from Pokémon Colosseum. The problem is that I need to connect Dolphin to VBA-M, which from my experience is 100% impossible.

I've followed various online tutorials now, and not a single one of them worked. What am I doing wrong?

Other than that, I've been using 3DReaperDX to rip screencap models, and I have a few questions.

First, I noticed that overworld and indoor models are slanted. Is this normal? I was kind of assuming they were supposed to be like this because of the way the camera is angled, but the models turn out this way even in overworld shots that are more level.

Second, some models come out...flattened, almost. Like a screencap of Rui when she detects a Shadow Pokémon. When I look more closely, however, it sort of seems like it may be correct.

Finally, I'm pretty new to this, and I can't really figure out how to use Blender. Like, how to manipulate models (as to T-pose them), or how to delete everything but the model I want and then center the model so it's all that's saved. I also don't know how to apply a separately ripped texture, or much of anything, for that matter.

Examples:

Slanted Pokémon Center (and the  characters inside)

Flattened Rui (on a battlefield)

Thanked by:
(09-16-2015, 10:16 PM)TeridaxXD001 Wrote: I wanted to try and rip the models of Brendan/May/Red/Leaf from Pokémon Colosseum. The problem is that I need to connect Dolphin to VBA-M, which from my experience is 100% impossible.

I've followed various online tutorials now, and not a single one of them worked. What am I doing wrong?

Other than that, I've been using 3DReaperDX to rip screencap models, and I have a few questions.

First, I noticed that overworld and indoor models are slanted. Is this normal? I was kind of assuming they were supposed to be like this because of the way the camera is angled, but the models turn out this way even in overworld shots that are more level.

Second, some models come out...flattened, almost. Like a screencap of Rui when she detects a Shadow Pokémon. When I look more closely, however, it sort of seems like it may be correct.

Finally, I'm pretty new to this, and I can't really figure out how to use Blender. Like, how to manipulate models (as to T-pose them), or how to delete everything but the model I want and then center the model so it's all that's saved. I also don't know how to apply a separately ripped texture, or much of anything, for that matter.

Examples:

3DReaper is good but models end up having missing textures, Not T-Posed. It's' good in some cases but other times it's not. If you want better models, you're better extracting model files from the games file system.

Thanked by:
(09-18-2015, 03:11 PM)OS-PRIME Wrote:
(09-16-2015, 10:16 PM)TeridaxXD001 Wrote: I wanted to try and rip the models of Brendan/May/Red/Leaf from Pokémon Colosseum. The problem is that I need to connect Dolphin to VBA-M, which from my experience is 100% impossible.

Examples:

3DReaper is good but models end up having missing textures, Not T-Posed. It's' good in some cases but other times it's not. If you want better models, you're better extracting model files from the games file system.

That's the problem. Everything's stored in .fsys format, and although an .fsys extractor exists, nobody really seems to know what format the actual models are, as said extractor gives generic files with no extensions.
Thanked by:
(09-18-2015, 05:11 PM)TeridaxXD001 Wrote:
(09-18-2015, 03:11 PM)OS-PRIME Wrote:

Examples:

That's the problem. Everything's stored in .fsys format, and although an .fsys extractor exists, nobody really seems to know what format the actual models are, as said extractor gives generic files with no extensions.
Bummer. Sad
Though I do wonder if those generic files could contain models.

Thanked by:
Actually, it seems like there's been some relatively recent progress.
Thanked by: