Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripping models from Castlevania Judgment
Hello again,
so I have noticed that Castlevania Judgment does have model rips, but the only model rips are those of Sypha and Trevor (two of the four playable characters of Castlevania 3), and that's clearly not enough.
And since I have that game myself, I thought that I could try to rip more models as well...but I don't know how to do that.
I don't even have the slightest idea of what format that game uses.
So yeah, I would like to know how I could rip models from Castlevania Judgment, complete with texture mapping, proper UV mapping and functional bones.
Thanks in advance!
Thanked by:
Sorry for the bump, but I really really REALLY need help right now.
So please help me already. Thanks in advance!
Thanked by:
Castlevania Judgment uses the common .brres file format for the Wii. There is a simple viewer and converter for them publicly available, and I believe there's a tutorial topic specifically for this type. Judgment does, however, have an annoying archive file system which is easy enough to extract, but incredibly difficult to navigate effectively when it's done. I've been trying endlessly to rip Time Reaper from it and still cannot find him in the files.
Secondly, even though you own the game, it would be easier to just get a public ISO of it to extract from, as ripping from disk can be bothersome.
Thanked by:
Locating the files after FPK unpacker is fairly simple, i have the iso myself and i think i have all the files extracted from it.. idr
Thanked by:
Well I seem to remember having found Time Reaper all of once and he was in a very bizarre folder location. He wasn't in the actual character files. If I remember correctly he was placed in either an event folder or a stage element folder, but ever since then I've not been able to find him again.
Thanked by:
Hmm...well, that is not important for me anyway, since I would only need the playable characters anyway.
I just hope they are easy to find.
Thanked by:
Playable characters are VERY easy to find, as are the monsters. They each have their own folders in the character folder. Basically all you need to do is export them properly with brresviewer and make sure all the references are correct, then there you go.
Thanked by:
Okay, I'm already having problems with extracting the files from the ISO, something that never happened before.
I'm using the program "ISOOpener", by the way.
Thanked by:
You need one specifically for the Gamecube ISO. They have a weird encryption method that only specific tools work on. VGMtoolbox has one that works just fine built in.
Thanked by:
Okay, so it's neither a U8 file nor a WAD file.
However, I cannot seem to use the ISO/Archive extractor of VGMToolbox either...neither dragging the ISO nor dragging the folder with the ISO inside to the program window works.
Thanked by:
Wait...Judgment is a Wii Game, my bad. Just use a program called 'wiiscrubber' to extract the contents. It's pretty easy that way.
Thanked by:
I'm sorry, but I cannot find any download link for that, only websites that talk about it and an entry in Amazon.
Oh god, please don't tell me I actually have to PAY for it, because that's the last thing I want to do: Paying for something that I could do for free!
Thanked by:
(09-21-2015, 07:15 AM)TrinitroMan Wrote: I'm sorry, but I cannot find any download link for that, only websites that talk about it and an entry in Amazon.
Oh god, please don't tell me I actually have to PAY for it, because that's the last thing I want to do: Paying for something that I could do for free!

http://puu.sh/kj247.zip
Thanked by:
Thanks.
Just checked out the program, and...ugh...I need to extract every file seperately... Defeated
The fact that the folder names of the playable characters are cryptic as well doesn't help either.
Here's my guess (haven't taken a look inside the actual files yet):
*smn=Simon Belmont
*sna=Shanoa
*glm=Golem
*erc=Eric Lecarde
*dth=Death
*drc=Dracula
*acd=Alucard
*aon=the OC of Castlevania Judgment (I think his name was Aeon or something)
*grn=Grant
*mra=Maria Renard
Please correct me, if I'm wrong. I also cannot seem to find Trevot Belmont, unless he has a different name in Japan for some reasons...
Thanked by:
When you right click on a partition, navigate to Unencrypted partition and click Extract. There you can select a folder to export the files to.
Thanked by: