Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Arcana Heart (PS2)
Would anyone be able to try to extract the images from this file? It mostly comprises of portraits, backgrounds, and miscellaneous pictures. The file will unzip into an about 800MB file. I don't think it contains the sprites as the disc itself (which I have) is about 1.96GB but all of the accessible files only amount to 820MB so the sprites may be embedded on the disc.

Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-PBV_w...sp=sharing

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/okxh9da029mldu...S.zip?dl=0

If it is possible, then that would be a start for the game.

Palette information if it is needed. I had to use a file splitter to get this info as TiledGGD couldn't or wouldn't view the graphics in the right format with the full file.
[Image: ibwBWj734e2aJX.png]

Depending on how it gets extracted, the palette should always be after the image itself. So the garbled stuff above the pink haired chick is for the previous image above it.
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
Thanked by:
I cannot actually help you here, but I know who might... or one person who might, anyways

You might consider PM'ing Ploaj

From what I've picked-up so far, he's pretty good with strange formats, or making utilities to deal with known files having had weird stuff done to them...

Idk about exporting the graphics as images (but probably possible) , but at the very least, a way to split the file more logically (e.g. sprite by sprite) is probably... but again, not going to pretend i actually KNOW what i'm talking about. Seems to me if the palette is valid, then it probably doesn't matter if it's at the end, middle, front, whatever of the file.

The disk...IDK...at ALL...
if it's anything like the typical "LOCKED-DOWN TIGHT" files/systems/etc... it has a weak point that can be exploited. But, you might need some serious hacking software/hackers, and/or hardware to do so. (and it may carry risk of damaging said disk, so...use at own risk, i guess?)

Good luck!
Thanked by:
Could you upload the chunk you used to get that screenshot? I'd like to take a closer look at the data around that image but I don't know its offset in the original file.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/935zu3akqbzysa...nk004?dl=0
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
Thanked by: puggsoy
OK so... I think I've found an somewhat hacky way to do this. I made a QuickBMS script that manages to successfully extract all the images (as raw files) with their palettes, but if you wait I should be able to make a program tomorrow that just extracts and converts them into PNG.

This method finds 551 different files, but I'm not sure if this is the only format. If you find any different formats (i.e. images that show up with different settings in TiledGGD) then please point out those as well.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
Using CVM_Tool, you can convert a CVM to an ISO format that can be read in UltraISO, WinRAR or even 7-zip. However the archive was encrpyted using a password. CVM_Tool requires this password in order to decrpyted. again however I figured out the password, it's zxcv. This means you can get at the files easily this way.

You can find the files here:
https://mega.nz/#F!nppz2BwZ!zeIKauHBNZ7jp3eUsTE8mw
Thanked by:
^That actually helps a lot, I'm gonna upload the extracted files (it's gonna be everything so it may contain sound effects or music...I think, they're garbled data but what else would a folder called SOU contain) so that if puggsoy's method works, we'll have a variety of content for the game (at the very least: portraits, backgrounds and other miscellaneous stuff). Just a heads up, but it'll contain 2,533 files and 7 folders.

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ia7bcee6xpy421...p.zip?dl=0

Puggsoy: The 551 files that you found may be the AGI files in the SPR folder.

Looks like I found another format:
[Image: ib2ogIbJTqHnZl.png]
Thanked by:
(09-12-2015, 04:49 PM)Deathbringer Wrote: ^That actually helps a lot, I'm gonna upload the extracted files (it's gonna be everything so it may contain sound effects or music...I think, they're garbled data but what else would a folder called SOU contain) so that if puggsoy's method works, we'll have a variety of content for the game (at the very least: portraits, backgrounds and other miscellaneous stuff). Just a heads up, but it'll contain 2,533 files and 7 folders.

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ia7bcee6xpy421...p.zip?dl=0

this ARX format looks pretty simple, I'll try and write an app for it
It's basically a container for ADX files Tongue
Thanked by:
Progress has started!
[Image: SmkDrvH.png]

I'll work on getting extraction to work.

EDITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT: PSound works for extracting and viewing the sounds from the ARX archive.
Thanked by:
agi2png

Converts AGI files to PNG, with transparency.

Usage:
Code:
agi2png inFile outDir
   inFile: The .agi file to convert. Can alternatively be a folder containing the files to convert
   outDir: The folder to save the converted files to

Tell me if there are any issues. So far it only works on the original format, I'll work on supporting the other format soon. Should work with both formats now.

Also, the ARX files can contain any kind of files, some contain AGI files as well, so @ThatTrueStruggle you should let ypur extractor extract those too. By the way, I'm curious, how did you find the decryption password?
Thanked by:
(09-13-2015, 04:26 AM)puggsoy Wrote: Tell me if there are any issues. So far it only works on the original format, I'll work on supporting the other format soon. Should work with both formats now.
So far it had problems with:
BLACK.AGI
GALLERY33.AGI
I16_0.AGI
I16_1.AGI
I16_2.AGI
I16_3.AGI
P00DUM00.AGI

But the files look too small to have anything useful in them.
Thanked by:
I actually have a program that dumps all of the images from this game... But I think this solution is better as it isn't a big ol' folder of everything.

In terms of game sprites, I recall it has various random sprites clumped together in chunks.

Looking forward to the CG stuff going up!! Big Grin
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
(09-13-2015, 06:05 AM)Deathbringer Wrote: So far it had problems with:
BLACK.AGI
GALLERY33.AGI
I16_0.AGI
I16_1.AGI
I16_2.AGI
I16_3.AGI
P00DUM00.AGI

But the files look too small to have anything useful in them.

Funnily enough, their small size is actually what caused the issue; I was reading one of the header values incorrectly. It should work with most of them now, just use the same link as before.

GALLERY33.AGI is the only one that is actually in a whole different format. However, looking at the data it seems to be a completely white square, and unless there are more useful images in this format, I don't think I'll go to the effort of adding it in.

EDIT: Wait, I screwed something up. Don't download it yet.

EDIT2: OK fixed, was a small bug that screwed up the normal images. I also added in support for the format GALLERY33.AGI uses because it wasn't too hard and hey, why not.
Thanked by:
(09-13-2015, 04:26 AM)puggsoy Wrote: Also, the ARX files can contain any kind of files, some contain AGI files as well, so @ThatTrueStruggle you should let ypur extractor extract those too. By the way, I'm curious, how did you find the decryption password?

I downloaded the ISO, and looked in the game's binary file, and that contains the password in it.
Also I can continue working on it if you guys want me to Tongue
Thanked by:
Definitely keep working on it. Like puggsoy said, some of the ARXs do contain AGI files and it looks like the HAI folder contains the stage backgrounds.
Thanked by: puggsoy