Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
POKEMON IS NOW REAL
I'm overexaggerating, but still it looks great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymk_Cu3ywC8
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by:
ye virt posted that earlier. The nice news for you nintenda fanboys is that this is NOT one of the Nintendo/DeNA partnership games - it's separate. That announcement though, will probably be made soon - this month or next.
(also supposedly there's supposed to be five games out in the partnership between now and March 2016)

That said, I really hope this is not super geocaching-dependent. I am not going to be canceling plans I have just so I can flash-mob Times Square with 300 neckbeards so I can have a shot at catching Mewtwo without him running away.
If I have to go to a shady part of Newburgh, NY (one of the top 10 murder capitals in the US! yay!) to catch him yeah I don't care but spontaneously having to make travel plans for 8+ hour car rides just so I can have a full Pokedex is kinda ridiculous.

Also it'd be nice to see some screenshots because it would sure be weird screaming at a billboard for Mewtwo's death
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: Sketchasaurus
I'm so excited for this
I know the trailer is over dramatized for trailer purposes but still
the idea in and of itself is so cool
Thanked by:
I'm not gonna lie, it looks pretty meh. The idea of having to drop everything you're doing to go to some popular place to make progress on this thing just screams of problems.

I at least commend them for delving into the ever expanding smartphone market. I'm sure the others will join in this bandwagon for maximum revenue potential. What they really need to do is extend their influence to Steam as well. How the hell do you go to the smartphones before you go to the PCs? Lol.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by: Kriven
i think this game is not something to 'get hooked on', it's more like doing something fun while you'd probably sit down and wait for the next bus, or stuff
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
But that's just it...if you don't have any of that going on, you're still not going to see much with it. Even if it was targeted for kids only, where they are bussing to and from school, well first they'd be assuming the kids are allowed to have electronic devices on them in the school in the first place, and second they'd be assuming a large number of people actually have it in the first place around them.

This is one of the reasons I always prefer Wifi Multiplayer over Local Multiplayer, because of this exact issue. Assuming the probability of anyone's state of headcount with the game is just stupid, which is why Zelda Four Swords on GBA didn't do so good, because it assumed you'd be near someone else who had the game AND someone owned a Link Cable. It wasn't until the anniversary release where people could finally play by theirself where it got more attention.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by:
I can't wait to risk my life in backstreets Detroit for the Mewtwo there
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by: ~Axis~
(09-10-2015, 07:01 PM)Iceman404 Wrote: I can't wait to risk my life in backstreets Detroit for the Mewtwo there

what's an adventure without a little danger?
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Thanked by: Shade, ~Axis~
So does this mean I can just go to a local lake just so I can catch a magikarp using this app?

Plus I gotta be honest, I would have preferred something similar in concept to this with something on the 3DS that, could allow me to use a feature to use my pokemon from say, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, transfer them to a 3ds app and use them in a real time styled battle system that utilizes the 3DS cameras in with what this video is kind of suggesting. (I could be wrong, but that's the idea I seem to be getting here honestly so I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong)
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by:
I'm assuming you're pretty well screwed if you don't live in a very popular area like New York or Boston.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: ~DrakoRero~, ~Axis~
(09-10-2015, 09:57 PM)Kriven Wrote: I'm assuming you're pretty well screwed if you don't live in a very popular area like New York or Boston.

* Kosheh gets off a train in Grand Central that he really didn't spend that long on in the first place

smell ya later geeks, i'm off to catch a Pikachu in Central Park

[Image: 3195808_1364880399877.17res_315_239.jpg]

Thanked by: Kriven, puggsoy, Virt, ~Axis~
Just watch out for wild shanks.

(I've heard CP is dangerous at night?)
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
(09-10-2015, 10:12 PM)Kriven Wrote: Just watch out for wild shanks.

(I've heard CP is dangerous at night?)

WHY WOULD I BE AFRAID OF A SHINX OR TWO WHEN I'VE GOT SQUIRTLE, THE BEST STARTER OF THEM ALL

(like u would know b/c you slept in, ash ketchum)
Thanked by: Virt, recme, ~Axis~, Kriven
How this thing will actually work is making my head spin. I just don't really get it at the moment. I highly doubt that this will be location based for minor pokemon catches like Zigzagoon or pidgety. (By "location", I mean that I don't think people need to go to landmarks like Time Square or something. I can see that happening for an ultra rare catch like Mew, or some other pokemon.) I can see going out to your back yard and it telling you that there's a treeko 50ft away or something (i.e. Pokemon are generated near your relative position). I think there will probably be a feature where you can get in-game currency you can obtain by doing the usual.... battling, and get more of it by using real money. Perhaps healing pokemon won't be free anymore? Either that or it will stay free but be time based. 10mins to heal a fainted Pikachu for free and Insta-heal for $1.

I'm soooo hyping for this!
[Image: tumblr_mzx6bm02eC1s38z45o1_500.gif]
Anonymous Wrote:...the world is so much simpler if you just dont give a FUCK...
Thanked by: puggsoy
i get out of my car in the middle of albany. it's been two weeks since i left home and three since i've talked to my family. i've got 38 pokemon in my pokedex now, and a rough brush-in with a tauros running alongside my car about an hour ago that almost caused me to flip my vehicle.
* Kosheh unplugs his phone from the car charger...his clothes tattered from adventuring.
i look at my phone, as the blip-blip of my Pokemon Go Plus is going through the roof. 

It's Lopunny.

i look at my phone, tracking the signal. my intent, so focused on catching the pokemon i forget to look up. i'm looking up guides on smogon and basic moveset information on bulbapedia. i want this normal-type in my life. this will be an integral part of my team as the support with her switcheroo-based moveset. 

>blip, blip! blip!<

i look up. i hold my phone to the window. i see lopunny's silhouette inside the business, but can't make out much else, but i'm not close enough to battle it. i need to go inside.
i look for the door, with black construction paper covering the glass door. i walk in, and i'm in a tiny box of a room. the air smells of cigarettes and beer. "highway to hell" plays muffled, just beyond a heavy-looking second door. there is a large, muscular man standing to my left.

is this the safari zone? no? maybe the celadon game corner?

a small wooden door slides open. i see a pair of gruff eyes. "just you? can i see some id?"

i show him my trainer's card issued to me in the pokemon go app. this is enough, and he grimaces, perhaps in approval that i, too am on my journey to be a Pokemon master. i've come so far in only a short time.

"enjoy". whew, that was quick.   i grab the handle of the heavy wooden door, my hand clammy. i hold my phone up in my other hand, ready for the plethorae of pokemon available in the safari zone. i let the moment get to me and boldly swing the door open. there are lopunny everywhere. some jynx too. there are some trainers, some with a smirk across their faces. i see a pachirisu, a diglett and a tropius. but "highway to hell" is now playing extremely loudly. just where the fuck am i?

before i know it, my phone is slapped out of my hand and onto the floor. it explodes into several pieces, the battery flying out and my case shattering in pieces. i hear a woman's scream. my pokemon journey has come to an abrupt end.

i look up, as a towering African American giant of a man stands before me, his beefy baseball mitt hands gripping the nerves in my shoulder. 

"where the fuck do you think you are, chump?! mardi gras?!"

the man's voice booms through my eardrums and directly strikes my sphincter muscle. i let out a small yelp, and a small fart as he shakes me like a Furby that won't stop talking.

"you think this is fucking GIRLS GONE WILD, kid?!"

i begin quivering in his hands, my eyes begin to mist and i urinate myself....a sweet, sweet release.
i look around and my face immediately flushes red in embarassment.

im in a strip club