Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Collection of sprites
Hey everyone, I figured I'd post some sprites here to see if I could get some feedback and critique perhaps. The stuff I'll post is organised from most recent to oldest.

[Image: MQYm9aI.png]
[Image: XLDlkQn.png]
[Image: Rfg0dyG.png]
[Image: HkRKNV5.png]
[Image: IEHgFik.png]

I've mostly been trying to refine the 'basic' techniques of spriting, but as of late I kinda feel as if I've lost direction on what to work on, so maybe you guys can help me out with that. Either way, thanks for looking. Have a good day and see you around!
[Image: ybRTZvi.png][Image: uw21IJg.png][Image: isLKcbC.png]
[Image: WSLGsqD.png]

New style I'm trying out
Thanked by:
(09-10-2015, 11:37 AM)Damian Wrote: -snip-

New style I'm trying out

May want to work on the perspective for his face. Unless his hair is lopsided, I don't think that much would show from the side. Same goes for his face, because I think his left cheek/cheek bone sticks out a little too much (our right, his left).

Edit: You may want to add some of the darker yellow to his hair to compliment this high-shading style you seem to have going on, and to help differentiate between his hair and face at some points. It would also help if you added a background outline around him or picked a lighter color for the background simply so he can be seen easier.
Thanked by: StevenB, Ton
Loving the robot. He has a very Chrono Trigger feel to him. Well, the chest, anyway.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: StevenB
(09-10-2015, 02:18 PM)kidicarus29 Wrote:
(09-10-2015, 11:37 AM)Damian Wrote: -snip-

New style I'm trying out

May want to work on the perspective for his face. Unless his hair is lopsided, I don't think that much would show from the side. Same goes for his face, because I think his left cheek/cheek bone sticks out a little too much (our right, his left).

Edit: You may want to add some of the darker yellow to his hair to compliment this high-shading style you seem to have going on, and to help differentiate between his hair and face at some points. It would also help if you added a background outline around him or picked a lighter color for the background simply so he can be seen easier.

I think I might just redo the hair pallet in general, as I agree with you that it makest he facial area less readable. The perspective of the hair/face is also a good catch, I believe I'll be able to fix it by bringing the spikes back a bit, moving the back eye away 1 or 2 pixels and some minor fiddling. I hope I can do this tomorrow.

Thanks for the feedback!

(09-10-2015, 03:33 PM)Ton Wrote: Loving the robot. He has a very Chrono Trigger feel to him. Well, the chest, anyway.

Thank you! The robot was very inspired by the robots from Chrono Trigger, yes. With bolts and pieces of E-123 Omega thrown in.
Thanked by:
These are really cool

not sure I'm too convinced by the folds in the pants, the knees and bottom of his left leg particularly
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
(09-10-2015, 07:05 PM)StarSock64 Wrote: These are really cool

not sure I'm too convinced by the folds in the pants, the knees and bottom of his left leg particularly

On which piece do you mean? In general I don't consider myself very good with folds, so I usually just pick out the points of tension and keep it as simple as possible. Is there anything I could do to improve them?

Also, fixes on the Thumbs Up; I recoloured the hair and skin, gave the face an outline and moved the head/neck back a bit to create a stronger line of action. Also adjusted the shading on the pants:
[Image: MiRxXsC.png]
Thanked by:
I'm not sure what it is about the face and eyes that bother me, but I feel like the style clashes with the rest of his body. The cheek still bothers me too in terms of perspective, but maybe it's just the stylizing. Can't tell entirely :/.

Other than that, great job.
(09-11-2015, 04:54 PM)kidicarus29 Wrote: I'm not sure what it is about the face and eyes that bother me, but I feel like the style clashes with the rest of his body. The cheek still bothers me too in terms of perspective, but maybe it's just the stylizing. Can't tell entirely :/.

Other than that, great job.

I was playing with it a bit earlier, I think what may throw you of is that the right side of the face (or rather the right cheek) is pretty lumpy whilst the left side is not. This makes the thing overall a bit asymmetrical looking although that was the result of stylisation on my part. I think I might simply round it for a cleaner, simpler look which might help with the perspective as well.

And thanks!
Thanked by:
I really like these sprites. Just work on the faces a little bit, and I think these are very well done!

EDIT: You're welcome! I'm not sure I can name anything specific as they are very minor tweaks, so they are hardly noticeable.
(09-16-2015, 04:44 PM)MarbleTurtle Wrote: I really like these sprites. Just work on the faces a little bit, and I think these are very well done!

Heya, thanks for the kuddos. Is there anything specific you'd like to see done differently on the facial areas? I'm still playing out with the styles in that area so I'm always open to hear some thoughts.
Thanked by:
[Image: ct48KDy.png]

Trying out a new eye style
Thanked by:
[Image: a1XuFBX.png]
Thanked by: recme, Virt, Gors
[Image: X0G1j3E.gif]

Small animation that I made featuring Ryu doing at training workout. I had a blast working on the muscle definition.
Thanked by: recme, Ton
the attacks look too weird. There's too many in between frames and no speed to make up for it.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: