Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How do I install HomeBrew for Wii and Clean Rip?
So I decided I'm gonna attempt to rip some models off some of my games.And what I want to do is Rip the ISO off the game disk so I'm not doing anything that breaks the ROM laws.But I want to make sure I don't brick my wii in the process.Im gonna then use the Dolphin emulator to extract the models on my Mac.Whats the safest way to install the neccasary software and can I get a step by step instructions?

Main Questions:

1. What is the safest way to install the HomeBrew Channel without destroying my Wii?

2. What are the step-by-step instructions for that process?

3.How do I extract the Files?

4. Can I extract the models via the Dolphin Emulator?

Thank you for reading this thread.
Thanked by:
I haven't done this in a long time... you'll want to look up letter bomb, which is how you'll actually hack the Wii, and BootMii, which will allow you to create a system backup to fix your system if it happens to brick.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
umm, uh

you might be biting off a little more than you can chew here, buddy.
don't say we didn't warn you!!

but if you're looking for a no-nonsense, so-easy-your-dad-can-do-it way of doing homebrew on the Wii, look into the Modmii Manager software (7.0 can run on OSX, so that's probably what you want). Of course, it wouldn't hurt to do a little research on it so you don't accidentally brick your system (as in, rendering it unoperable)

Modmii actually gives you a ton of options on how you'd like to hack the thing, so Letterbomb is an option, but "Smash Stack" is a pretty easy, foolproof way to load the needed exploit too.

Of course, when you get the thing up and running it gives you a really great method of loading up homebrew apps, and even lets you use your Wii as a DVD player! =)

(honestly - just softmod your Wii and have fun with it. Don't even bother using it for ripping models or whatever for the first week or so. Just have fun tinkering with the thing and seeing what kind of neat stuff you can get to run
It's SO FUN playing Mario/Sonic/Zelda romhacks with a really comfortable controller in front of your TV!!)
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: Kriven
Ok. I used the letterbomb. Its installed and working.How do i get the software for the homebrew?

And also what software do i need in order to rip gamecube models?

Ok i got Clean Rip
Thanked by:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Main_Page
^ This site has alot of neato things to use. If you cant find what you want, then use google and search "___ for Wii" or smething.

To install things, make an "apps" folder first. If the application's .zip has a folder with it's name on it and also an apps folder, put the one in the root of the .zip to the root of your SD card. Then, put the one inside the apps folder (dur) inside the apps folder.
If it's a .wad file, use "Yet another Wad Manager".

and there's "how to hombrew you wii in a half-nutshell" by me, I'll be here ll week
c e r t i f i e d   m e m e l o r d .
>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM0jv_z...IciomDGEmQ << you should check this out
Thanked by:
(09-09-2015, 03:22 PM)StrikeHedgehog Wrote: Ok. I used the letterbomb. Its installed and working.How do i get the software for the homebrew?

And also what software do i need in order to rip gamecube models?

Ok i got Clean Rip

did you...look into it at all lmao

you're gonna need to install custom IOSes before you can even get USB loading working (which you're going to need in order for CleanRip to work because you have to back up the WBFS file onto SOMETHING)

Actually, can't you rip GameCube models using Dolphin running the game and some sort of "model capture" plugin for Dolphin...? (I forgot what it's called - but it was a big deal at the time when Dolphin was All The Rage)
Thanked by:
Oops.XD thnx for the advice.Any other info I shud know about?
Thanked by:
For real you need BootMii if you don't have it (I think there's other alternative programs, but BootMii has never failed me personally). Brick-protection is muy importante.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
I took ur advice and got it.thanks for the tip
Thanked by:
Yeah uhm now that your Wii's softmodded literally just look up all the neat things you can do with it and

do that instead lol

But first, yeah - use BootMii to back up your NAND. Once it's backed up you can literally never brick your Wii. It's invincible
Thanked by: Kriven