Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Need help with Inazuma Eleven GO Galaxy: Big Bang file associations
Okay, so after a failed first topic a few weeks ago here that didn't get any replies, I've tried to figure this out for myself and am now, once again, stuck.

I've decrypted the rom and extracted its contents;

[Image: 52b94f25ca.png] 
However, I am at a loss of ideas where to start searching for the sprites in this game. All I've found so far are sound files usable via EFE, but the .fa files seem like they're the real deal in this case, and those, I do not know how to open.

I would appreciate if someone would at least reply this time and tell me if/what I'm doing wrong.
Thanked by:
Looks to me like those fa files contain the data you're after. Do you have a hex editor? If you could show us the first few lines of the hex it might help us know what we're dealing with.

Also, you should never expect a reply, because if you don't get one you'll be disappointed. If you expect nothing and get something, it's far better. We're all just here volunteering to help each other, you shouldn't expect anything off of someone when they're giving you their time and knowledge for free.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
(08-26-2015, 09:24 AM)Dazz Wrote: Looks to me like those fa files contain the data you're after. Do you have a hex editor? If you could show us the first few lines of the hex it might help us know what we're dealing with.

Also, you should never expect a reply, because if you don't get one you'll be disappointed. If you expect nothing and get something, it's far better. We're all just here volunteering to help each other, you shouldn't expect anything off of someone when they're giving you their time and knowledge for free.

Fair point, my apologies.

As for hex editor- I haven't the slightest idea what that is, nor how to use it, sadly. I could however upload the files if that's of any use.
Thanked by:
Uploading would be good, if those files aren't too big to do so. Maybe throw in that .xr and .pck as well actually, they might be useful and certainly can't hurt.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
Every time I try to upload the files (be it normal or as .rar), it says the attachment type isn't allowed.

Does it have to be .zip, or?
Thanked by:
.fa is a Level 5 archive format. It can be extracted with this tool, but I don't think support is very extensive just yet. More details here.
Thanked by: Jiru
(08-26-2015, 12:38 PM)Ehm Wrote: .fa is a Level 5 archive format. It can be extracted with this tool, but I don't think support is very extensive just yet. More details here.

You, sir, are a god amongst men. That worked, and now I've come to the next step;
[Image: 898769cc4b.png]

These also seem to be decompilable through the same tool, as listed, and I managed to produce the following by extracting one file, ca0006_b.xa;

[Image: e5bdfbf0f2.png]
Getting closer bit by bit. Any clue how to mess with these .pbi/.pvb?

EDIT: In fun news, I seem to have ripped the game's entire sound library and took the liberty of neatly sorting it into folders for later naming/further sorting/general cleanyness. Also found the player models, but they're in .xc format.
Thanked by:
As puggsoy mentioned earlier, uploading a few of the files so we can take a look would be most helpful. You can't attach them directly to a post; use a file hosting site like dropbox, mediafire, mega.co.nz, tinyupload, etc.

A hex editor is a program for viewing the contents of files regardless of format. Since on your computer's file system all files are just stored in binary format (numbers), a hex editor can open them so you can view those numbers (In this case, in hex, which is base 16, rather than binary [base 2], so they're easier to read). I personally use HxD ( http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/ ), but there are plenty of other ones available. Of course, it requires some technical know-how and guesswork to know what the numbers *mean,* but that's something else entirely. Tongue
Thanked by: puggsoy
(08-26-2015, 04:14 PM)Daxar Wrote: As puggsoy mentioned earlier, uploading a few of the files so we can take a look would be most helpful. You can't attach them directly to a post; use a file hosting site like dropbox, mediafire, mega.co.nz, tinyupload, etc.

A hex editor is a program for viewing the contents of files regardless of format. Since on your computer's file system all files are just stored in binary format (numbers), a hex editor can open them so you can view those numbers (In this case, in hex, which is base 16, rather than binary [base 2], so they're easier to read). I personally use HxD ( http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/ ), but there are plenty of other ones available. Of course, it requires some technical know-how and guesswork to know what the numbers *mean,* but that's something else entirely. Tongue

This link should work, I put in ca0006_b.xa and ca0006_a.xi, two of the files from the folder of .xi/.xa for loads upon loads out of the 2314 (i think) separate head sprite files. Also decompiled ca0006_b.xa.

I've worked a little bit with Tinke back on the original Inazuma Eleven DS games, but this really takes getting used to...dayum. The sprite format is completely different from the old one- granted, they are more .jpeg-like downsized images in these games. The old ones had really ''strict'' colour palettes per sprite, for comparison.

Also, your avatar reminded me of PK...I need to reread those comics. Good times..
Thanked by: