Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax - Ripping Project
I've been working on this since Ploaj provided a program to make ripping and converting the frames from this game easier to deal with.  So far, I've only managed to get some of Adachi's stuff done totally not because of character bias or anything.  Adachi himself has already been ripped before by someone else, but these are my own.  I think I can provide other pallet rips (or the pallets themselves?  I need to poke around Photoshop some) eventually.  I'll have his glasses up soon as well.

[Image: adachimagatsu.png]

Adachi
Base Pallet

Magatsu Izanagi
Base Pallet

I've never uploaded anything new to this website before, but I'll see what I can do when I have more to share.
[Image: 76561198119420747.png]
Thanked by:
[Image: tumblr_nub9ikoF761rlzuupo1_1280.png]

A year later, I understand why no one has made a concentrated effort to do this yet. Bless the person that did it for the first game.

Question though; I do plan on uploading this to tSR when I'm done. As far as the different character pallets are concerned, are we allowed to include pallet files for programs like Photoshop to allow easy color switching? I haven't seen it in any I've downloaded previously (though I admit that doesn't say much) so I wasn't sure.
Thanked by:
Nope. It's strictly .png, .gif, and .txt (for credits or such when uploading a .zip). There are two ways you can include alternative palettes. The first is just having all the files in each of the palettes; obviously not the most optimised option. Another thing is that you can just include a single frame for every palette. This way people can compare and replace colours. Ideally this frame should of course contain all of the colours.

You could also just include images of each of the palettes, including the original. That is, just a collection of squares of each colour, similar to what you would see in TiledGGD.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Skyla Doragono
Okay, I think I'll include images of all the palettes; that sounds like the easiest option.

Thank you!
Thanked by:
Extra files aren't strictly prohibited though, actually. As long as the basics are included alongside them, any extras are simply as bonus.

Also I think I ripped the initial batch all those years ago Tongue
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: Skyla Doragono, puggsoy
(09-07-2015, 09:33 AM)BloodyAsch Wrote: Question though; I do plan on uploading this to tSR when I'm done.  As far as the different character pallets are concerned, are we allowed to include pallet files for programs like Photoshop to allow easy color switching?  I haven't seen it in any I've downloaded previously (though I admit that doesn't say much) so I wasn't sure.
I did so for my Melty Blood: Actress Again rips, so yeah I'll definitely allow it if the images themselves are paletted correctly. Tongue

(EDIT: But yeah, having a palette preview image alongside that would be great, too, so that people can find the colours they're looking for without trial and error. I should do that for my Melty Blood submissions once I finally get off my lazy butt and update them with the PC version's effect sprites.)
Thanked by: Skyla Doragono, puggsoy
Got it; I'll do both then.

Oh man, I'm almost done getting all of these decompressed. Just 9 more characters to go and then I can start turning them into images.

EDIT: Craaaaaaap Margaret's not complete on the X-box disc. I'll need to check my PS3 disc. >_<
Thanked by:
[Image: tumblr_nue3epMsSz1rlzuupo1_1280.png]

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

Everything's sorted for now, until I can get my hands on Margaret and her Personae's raw data anyway. I'll be able to start uploading stuff to tSR tomorrow.
Thanked by: puggsoy
Thanks for putting the effort in to push everyone on this project, by the way. This is one of those games that I think should be admired for its sprite work but I simply don't have the patience to work on! Heart
We could run away
When there's no Mondays

I love some persona Smile
You're doing some great work here
Thanks guys. Cute

It might be a little slow going at the moment. Trying to convert Ken over right now, but I have to do his files one at a time. Still probably faster than it was before, but it'll still be a bit.

I think... I'm also going to do full packs for the returning characters as well. I believe I remember reading that there were some tweaks here and there, but also it'll probably be easier to just convert the whole packs then try and pin point the new stuff.

EDIT: Oh, btw, Dazz, I noticed the others in the last batch all went through except for Marie. Was there a problem with her files?
Thanked by:
Only thing I found issue with is the icon, I figure I'll get around to making a new one tomorrow. I just want to keep them consistent, so showing their face.
We could run away
When there's no Mondays

Thanked by:
Oh, if that was all, I got it. No big deal.

(I couldn't help but be a little silly with her; her sprites are pretty ridiculous.)
Thanked by:
Phew, yay for Ken being done.

Not sure who to do next, though. Does anyone have a particular favorite that they want to see up here next?
Thanked by:
Can I humbly request Junpei be next? Unless you've already started someone else.

I've actually been meaning to start work on a cosplay of that outfit, and being able to view all the poses would be a super great help!
Thanked by: