Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Official VG Resource Sponsor, Loot Crate!
Hey everyone,

Figure I should make an announcement here as I just put live the first update regarding our sponsor, Loot Crate. Each month Loot Crate sends out a box of cool goodies to subscribers, and I know that a lot of people already use them so they don't need a full introduction here. You can see my first unboxing video here:

Each month I'll be posting an update in a video format featuring the latest Loot Crate being unboxed. I may expand on the format some more, and welcome any feedback you might have around the video. 

To sign up for Loot Crate and get a 10% discount and help support the site, check out http://www.lootcrate.com/vgresource and use promo code "spriters".

Some things of note: I'll likely have a better recording setup next time as I simply used an awful spotlight on my ceiling for lighting. I will also likely take pictures of each thing to give more detail on what they look like.

All the best!
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
This is great! Might have to sign up for this Tongue
I've been thinking about signing up for a month or two.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout...0-6429297/

There's a Fallout one coming in November.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:
I've contemplated getting this before, but... my room is such a mess I wouldn't feel comfortable getting Lootcrate until I got it under control.

THEN I could pile up fun stuff again. xD
Thanked by:
Oh, how did I miss this. This is great news - though I'm in Tommy's situation as well. :/

Now it was an alright vid, but you could've been a little more enthusiastic about the unboxing. >_>;
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:
(08-03-2015, 07:12 AM)Kosheh Wrote: what could've been improved for the next time.]You're trying to appeal to fellow nerds, and in unboxing videos your actions mean everything (because you're pretty much serving as word-of-mouth advertising, especially so because they're now our sponsor).
When you dismiss items for simply being things you might not be into, and then admire the Zelda wristband out of all the items in the box, I'm not really that inclined to sign up for the box if all it's gonna do is end up being a nice "wine of the month club" comprised of gifts that i can give away to other people. I assume that the point of Lootcrate is that it's cool shit that I can enjoy and not regret signing up for such great deals

I don't intend to lie at any point. If the items in the box aren't of any particular interest or aren't really that great quality, I will be blunt about that. Sponsor or not, I won't lie to sell more boxes. Normally the boxes are much better than that so you can likely expect some more interest in what's given.

That said I appreciate your other comments - The wristband will be going to Petie, as a matter of fact. I plan to include more detail next time - to be totally open, I was quite late with recording this video due to moving, so I only just got the chance to put it together. Next time I will likely add more cut-ins of details for the items and proper one-on-one reviews for each thing where they're needed.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
(08-03-2015, 07:23 AM)Dazz Wrote: I don't intend to lie at any point. If the items in the box aren't of any particular interest or aren't really that great quality, I will be blunt about that. Sponsor or not, I won't lie to sell more boxes. Normally the boxes are much better than that so you can likely expect some more interest in what's given.

Well, yeah, you don't have to lie, and you can certainly say "Well, the quality of this is a bit off" but "This doesn't interest me. Moving on" is kinda
ehhh

(08-03-2015, 07:23 AM)Dazz Wrote: That said I appreciate your other comments - The wristband will be going to Petie, as a matter of fact. I plan to include more detail next time - to be totally open, I was quite late with recording this video due to moving, so I only just got the chance to put it together. Next time I will likely add more cut-ins of details for the items and proper one-on-one reviews for each thing where they're needed.
eyy np B)

It's kinda weird that between superheroes and super-strong hero figures, that they just threw in a Zelda wristband with little rhyme or reason. lol

You already mentioned the lighting issues and I was gonna suggest music, but I kinda presumed you were gonna make the next one Cooler and Nicer anyhow (by probably having better lighting and angles, and video editing here and there)
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: