Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Steven Universe: Attack the Light Graphics Organization?
Hello guys. I have obtained the graphics for this game (thanks to Dinner Sonic) and after taking a look at them, I'm noticing an issue with organizing them into sheets. It is an RPG in which all the characters always appear on-screen at the same time (there is no party switching, so literally all the time, even during battles) and as a result, their graphics are all clustered together into different images. Not to mention the graphics are snugly laid out together so there's no real way to separate them unless a magic tool of some sort is used (some are upside-down, but that's just how they came in the data).

So as you can see, the first one has most of the assets from the title screen (minus the background). That's fine, but then you come to the second one which has Garnet and Amethyst's assets clustered together on one image. Same goes for the third which has Pearl and Steven's graphics bunched up. Several are fairly organized/stick to one subject like the first, but they're mostly the ones that have the overworld tile assets and the backgrounds etc.; the rest however, like the characters/enemies, are jumbled with other things. There also seem to be several duplicates of things, main difference seems to be resolution and arrangement. I take it I'd just use the largest versions?

Can anyone tell me what I can do about this? I can't imagine the graphics would be usable like this.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
You're right, these are barely usable. The only real option would be finding the data that would provide information on how the animations are formed. Any clues? Is this a unity game?
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
Well, Dinner Sonic was trying figure that out but it seems the animation data's not stored in a standard Unity format like he hoped. If someone wants to have I look I could maybe have him post the files?
Thanked by: puggsoy
Attack the Light seems to be a Unity game judging by its files, so I've popped open the files with a program called Unity Studio. The game comes in two major files, at least for Android: an APK with what I assume is the base Unity code, libraries, etc, and an OBB with basically everything else. In the OBB the meat of the game is in assets\bin\Data, which contains three types of asset files.

First are 42 sharedassets.assets packs that occasionally come split in multiple archives, totalling 156 files. Then comes 42 levels/scenes totalling 52 files, and then... 1,156 random misc asset files with names like 1c101d9c93c9d42ed88e28828b8d5313.

Sharedassets3.assets seems to contain the bulk of the player character animation data, or at the very least 2D rigging data, while one or more of those random files are what have the player character textures, which unlike the others, are PNGs that are given .TXT extensions...? I had to rename and bulk-extract them to find anything like that, but there's gotta be a better way, right?

I can upload other files if you want, or even the whole file structure, but I don't know if that'd be iffy.
Thanked by: Garamonde
I can only find images, audio files, and shaders in there, none of which seem to have any animation data. Could you upload some other files? (It should be fine as long as you don't upload the entire game.)
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
I hope this doesn't count as "the entire game" since it doesn't include any program data or a lot of other files, but here is a download of the data folder that contains the main game assets, including stuff that should in theory have animation data in it, even though they don't show up at all in programs as far as exportable files go.

Could one of the Shared Assets be referencing data from one of those several hundred random number files? But even those lack any kind of animation files that can be exported with that program...
Thanked by:
OH!

I was going to request a rip of this game (or find the files and do it myself)

i see you already got the assets

cool!

Umm, how many files are there?

As far as data, I cannot help
I'm no file format guru, I can only barely devise my own formatting things (none of which are as convoluted as what some of these gamedevs use, I'm for convenience and practicality)
I have a friend who might be able to help with the formats...

As for me, I could TRY to manually sheet a few...
keyword: TRY

Would love to help in what ways I can, just be aware I cannot do this really fast, due to time and schedule constraints, and many projects already going.

I have watched the let's plays and I want some of the enemy sprites
That said, i'd LOVE to have a part in a ripping project for this game!

Good luck!
Thanked by:
Well, I had planned to do the sheeting myself, would have to see how much there is once we can get the stuff in proper order. I appreciate your interest though! If I change my mind I'll let you know. Big Grin
Thanked by:
(08-13-2015, 07:27 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Well, I had planned to do the sheeting myself, would have to see how much there is once we can get the stuff in proper order. I appreciate your interest though! If I change my mind I'll let you know. Big Grin

well, I could have my friend look at the files and see if he could find information on the animation data...
Is it possible the devs/program embedded the animation data in the graphics, themselves?
Or did you look through those, already?

I gtg for now, though...
gonna go watch a movie with another friend of mine

Also, from what I've seen in the let's plays, you maybe should use all sizes of them, idk whether to put on separate sheets from each other or not, but...it's just a thing with the game... some enemies have larger, and i believe, tougher variants... that's probably what the large ones are for, the smaller ones i think are the default size... how many sizes are there for everything?

as for the sheet layout, i've seen similar. modern sprite sheets are "optimized" , in other words, compacted by means of clustering EVERYTHING into one sheet, also requiring the data to be embedded or saved elsewhere... but yes, for tsr purposes, pretty useless...

just a few last minute things i'd like to add...
Hope that helps any?
Thanked by:
Puggsoy plans to check out the files, he just hasn't had time.

I could also ask Ploaj if he could look at the files because he's dealt with animation data before.

As for if the animation data is actually in with the graphics I don't know because I never looked at them myself. I'd assume they'd go together otherwise the graphics are unusable as-is.
Thanked by:
(08-13-2015, 07:53 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Puggsoy plans to check out the files, he just hasn't had time.

I could also ask Ploaj if he could look at the files because he's dealt with animation data before.

As for if the animation data is actually in with the graphics I don't know because I never looked at them myself. I'd assume they'd go together otherwise the graphics are unusable as-is.

I could maybe try to check those...
i'm kinda curious as to how png-embedded anim data is stored/structured, anyways...
an up and coming flash game, bullet heaven 2 has data-merged png spritesheets...from what the dev (Matt Roszak, for those who don't know) has said

maybe this game is the same...
Thanked by:
Well the files are right up there in Dinner Sonic's post if you wanna look, no one's stopping you. Tongue
Thanked by:
(08-13-2015, 09:00 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Well the files are right up there in Dinner Sonic's post if you wanna look, no one's stopping you. Tongue

i didn't use a hex edtitor, simply cuz i figured i may not need one just to view some even slightly useful data, and because i do not have one, and i don't have time right at this moment to check them out... i opened the level24 file
now, my guess is this one is not for sprites, but level construction... but my point isn't that, even in notepad++ , these have yielded information...

i am finding human-readable text that definitely means something to the game

That said, probably best not to overlook those data files
I will try getting myself a hex editor tomorrow/today, I will email my friend some of the files before I log-off...

Oh, and how do I get the actual graphics out?
It would CERTAINLY help if anything should be found to have a sheet to compare them against (or better yet, if a sheet is referenced in any way within said data) I'll leave you to sheeting, since you called it, but it's a little hard to understand animation data without the graphics it applies to

anyways, i'm off for the night/day...

p.s
one last warning, i've popped apk's open before...
within the assets folders, there have been .xml files...
based on the garbled text when viewing them, probably binary xmls.
idk what this game has, my guess is not that, but...yeah... all just things to keep in mind

Again, gl, I'll report back later, especially if anything new develops...
Thanked by:
Here are all the graphics in the game.
Thanked by:
(08-14-2015, 09:51 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Here are all the graphics in the game.

k thx!

also, i don't think this is significant, as note what file it was found, these i'm ASSUMING, are least likely to contain animation data...but...

64 75 6D 6D 79 5F 61 6E 63 68 6F 72 2E 70 6E 67
dummy_anchor.png
offsets EC9FC - ECA0B

01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 97 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 11 11 21 40 10 00 00 00
................—.........!@....
offsets ECA0C - ECA2B
potential meaningful (cuz they're not 0):
01 97 11 11 21 40 10
.—..!@ (probably not text, the .'s are all 0)
dec values: 1 , 151, 17, 17, 33, 64, 16

file: level0

(08-14-2015, 10:22 AM)DarkGrievous7145 Wrote:
(08-14-2015, 09:51 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Here are all the graphics in the game.

k thx!

also, i don't think this is significant, as note what file it was found, these i'm ASSUMING, are least likely to contain animation data...but...

64 75 6D 6D 79 5F 61 6E 63 68 6F 72 2E 70 6E 67
dummy_anchor.png
offsets EC9FC - ECA0B

01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 97 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 11 11 21 40 10 00 00 00
................—.........!@....
offsets ECA0C - ECA2B
potential meaningful (cuz they're not 0):
01 97 11 11 21 40 10
.—..!@ (probably not text, the .'s are all 0)
dec values: 1 , 151, 17, 17, 33, 64, 16

file: level0

ok, all those various hexidecimal files...
they're already making me quite suspicious

0a20ce05e01374d819fb19a14806a55a
barely at the top, a ref to one of the .assets files

sharedassets0.assets

this runs from
59-6c

there's other data before it
some of it looks to be a version number
(4.6.4)
is that a valid version of this game, and/or ANY of the known tools used to develop it?

i'll go and start looking more closely at it.
what's weird, though... 90% of this file is comprised of 00's
seems like an awful waste of space to me...but maybe it's just a trade-off with whatever format these are using