Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
family or anime tiddy - Fire Emblem Thread
discuss all/anything fire emblem here.

how about we start here

[Image: feif_thumb.jpg]
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
I'm conflicted as to which side to choose. I really want to do Nohr, but Hoshido seems like it would be better to do first.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:
I will be honest and say this new game looks promising on its own. The gameplay aspects are great, at least - even though I don't care much about shipping my otps.

Also I was playing the very first iteration of FE and I can say that the game's always been about otps though. Especially when you let a couple die, they'll give you the feels Sad
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: recme, psychospacecow
I am also going to post this because this game is getting a lot of undeserved flack from touchy people. Please read this thoroughly before assuming others are correct. It's always good to know the story from both sides of the coin

http://imgur.com/gallery/Z46S9
Using a random-ass tumblr post as a source? How the literal fuck does that fly?
Offending people is a necessary and healthy act... Every time you say something that's offensive to another person, you just caused a discussion. You just forced them to have to think. - Louis C.K.
Thanked by: recme, psychospacecow
(07-03-2015, 12:41 AM)BullockDS Wrote: Using a random-ass tumblr post as a source? How the literal fuck does that fly?

Give it wings and hope for the best.

It's popular to call someone a bigot, sexist or racist to make yourself seem morally superior to everyone else, even if that means you have to lie. There are enough people who think bad things are bad that'll blindly follow.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

playing through this game and i'm actually really happy with it so far even though i don't understand shit

from a gameplay point, it's back to actually being hard! awakening, even on lunatic+ was super easy and there was nothing except ROUT THE ENEMY

with this game there's actual variety again! there's hold the area for this many turns, or rescue missions (one of which happens really early), and the levels are hard but it's not this infuriating 'soft reset until your enemies don't have vantage+ and luna+' bullshit anymore!

i'm super happy with this game so far even though from a story point i don't understand shit, and i'm anxiously waiting for the translation patch to happen (which people already have menus and like.. the first few chapters done already)!

also, the characters are super fucking adorable (see: camillas supports with kamui for example) and i already like way more than i did with awakening (that's not to say awakening's girls were BAD but they were really... bland?)

(07-02-2015, 09:26 PM)psychospacecow Wrote: I'm conflicted as to which side to choose. I really want to do Nohr, but Hoshido seems like it would be better to do first.

depends on your familiarity with the series! nohr kind of guts grinding unless you get the grinding dlc as far as i can tell (i'm blindly pushing through menus since the menu translation isn't OUT yet, so i could be way off, but), and hoshido allows it (see: reeking boxes from awakening)

but of course i'd say pick wwhichever side your waifu is on
Thanked by: Gors, psychospacecow
If you're playing the game in japanese, I can provide you translations - Just take a pic of them (should be a decent resolution so I can read the kanji).
Thanked by:
(07-02-2015, 10:34 PM)Gors Wrote: I am also going to post this because this game is getting a lot of undeserved flack from touchy people. Please read this thoroughly before assuming others are correct. It's always good to know the story from both sides of the coin

http://imgur.com/gallery/Z46S9

THANK. YOU.

No, seriously, thank you. I actually saw that Tumblr post popping up, and just the title alone made me go "WAT".
[Image: gsopcsignaturesf4.png]
Sprite ripper, artist, and STILL a Puffy AmiYumi fan to this very day.
----------------------------
*All sprites in the signature and in the avatar are copyrighted by their respective owners.*
Thanked by: BullockDS
That tumblr stuff is bullshit. Although it's not busting to the seams with it, each Fire Emblem game I've played has had SOME level of homoerotic subtext. The main one I can recall was the guy in Awakening that looked really feminine. The point is, I'd call the Fire Emblem games the least homophobic Nintendo games possible. :/

Anyway, does anyone know what the differences are between the two versions for the west? I don't have time to look at work, and I trust yous guys more than gaming journalism, even before this latest idiotic debacle.
Thanked by:
(07-03-2015, 03:01 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: Anyway, does anyone know what the differences are between the two versions for the west? I don't have time to look at work, and I trust yous guys more than gaming journalism, even before this latest idiotic debacle.

one lets you play hoshido, one lets you play nohr

nohr gives less options to grind making it harder and then characters and the ending is different probably but i have no idea yet

hoshido is easier and lets you grind whenever

if you buy one and eventually want the other you can buy dlc from the eshop and you'll be good to go, or the 'third' version of the game which gives you both and the third option (which is probably also dlc but i can't read jpn eshop to confirm)

you can change your hair style in your castle! no color option, unfortunately, but god damn that's incredible

by grind i mean you can spend gold to place an enemy squad wherever, at chapter 7 it's about 1400g/node so it's not exactly FREE but it's not STRENUOUS by any means
Thanked by: TomGuycott
(07-03-2015, 03:41 AM)Rhyme Wrote: playing through this game and i'm actually really happy with it so far even though i don't understand shit

from a gameplay point, it's back to actually being hard! awakening, even on lunatic+ was super easy and there was nothing except ROUT THE ENEMY

with this game there's actual variety again! there's hold the area for this many turns, or rescue missions (one of which happens really early), and the levels are hard but it's not this infuriating 'soft reset until your enemies don't have vantage+ and luna+' bullshit anymore!

i'm super happy with this game so far even though from a story point i don't understand shit, and i'm anxiously waiting for the translation patch to happen (which people already have menus and like.. the first few chapters done already)!

also, the characters are super fucking adorable (see: camillas supports with kamui for example) and i already like way more than i did with awakening (that's not to say awakening's girls were BAD but they were really... bland?)

(07-02-2015, 09:26 PM)psychospacecow Wrote: I'm conflicted as to which side to choose. I really want to do Nohr, but Hoshido seems like it would be better to do first.

depends on your familiarity with the series! nohr kind of guts grinding unless you get the grinding dlc as far as i can tell (i'm blindly pushing through menus since the menu translation isn't OUT yet, so i could be way off, but), and hoshido allows it (see: reeking boxes from awakening)

but of course i'd say pick wwhichever side your waifu is on

I played about to the split off point in sacred stones, beat Shadow Dragon, and Awakening.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:
I actually had this crazy urge to play fire emblem this morning so I'm starting sacred stones as we speak

but Fire Emblem seems to be going the way of immaturely written, lame modern anime these days... I don't think I can get into the game if it has that kind of tone.

I haven't played Awakening in full, but the demo left a bad impression on me. I worry the characters would annoy me too much... The whole waifu phenomenon is just so artificial that it gives me an uncanny valley effect and makes me feel uncomfortable, and I don't appreciate the sense of humor of a lot of modern anime stuff either. I just want characters who seem a little genuine, y'know...
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
The more I read about that Soleil situation, the more I see that there are still a million reasons to be upset about how they wrote her character. But, the major articles seem to focus on the most inaccurate criticisms...

I fear that the lack of fact checking and the lack of focus on the actually problematic parts are just going to confuse everybody, especially Nintendo/IS, which might just make them shy away from trying to include characters that might stir up controversy at all...

I'm all for criticizing messed up writing, but you have to base your arguments on what actually happened, or else people are just going to feel assured that all of the criticism, including the stuff that's worth paying attention to, is only a bunch of nonsense
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
Thanked by: Helmo, Tellis
i started playing binding blade a few days ago and its not that bad, and this is coming from someone who started out with awakening.

also, correct me if im wrong, but werent we told that the story for fire emblem fates will be much darker than that of normal fire emblem games? i havent heard if this was confirmed or not, but it'd be cool to know.
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by: