Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Nintendo Owns the Kremlings: Squashing a Myth
I hate HATE HATE when people make an assumption and state it like a fact.

One of the most annoying has got to be: "Rare owns the Kremlings and that's why Nintendo can't use them."

This couldn't be further from the truth. Nintendo has used the Kremlings in numerous games since Rare joined Microsoft. Here's a list.

Donkey Konga
Donkey Konga 2
Donkey Konga 3
Donkey Kong King of Swing
Donkey Kong Jungle Climber
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast
Mario Strikers
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Super Sluggers
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS

Look them up!

Seriously, I need to know where this myth is coming from. Why do I still hear it?

Thanks for the important heads-up Koopaul

You're right though.

[Image: 2014-11-19_1823.png]
I never realized people said this, I mean DIDDY KONG was made by RARE.

I just-
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
I was talking about what characters I want in the Smash 4 roster with a friend and they shot down all of them, one of them was King K.Rool and he argued with me that he's owned by Rare/Microsoft, I was SO ANGRY at him, I believe later on someone else told me the same thing, it's really stupid.
[Image: THENEWSIGNATURE.png]
Thanked by: Iceman404, E-Man
"Donkey Kong isn't niche! Look at all these MAIN SERIES GAMES he has had!"
[Image: StickerStageItems.png]
Check out this review blog thing I do! Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch was the latest review!
Thanked by:
If anyone is going to bring up an assumption about the Kremlings due to Retro's games, then they'll be sorely mistaken because Retro actually did have a chance t put them in there. Instead, they chose not to because they wanted to try something new and go for a different ascetic.

Besides, much like Iceman implied, if this assumption was true about the Kremlings, then other Rare characters, such as Diddy and Dixie, would not appear in other Mario games.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by: Cyberguy64
Pretty sure it's been well-established Nintendo owns everything and anything that has to do with the DK franchise itself... Except for the characters introduced in Diddy Kong Racing, I think (sans Krunch, because he's a Kremling).

I'm guessing the misconception comes from the arcade games, the Mario vs. DK games, and Jungle Beat still being fresh in people's minds (the latter of which having DK, bananas, and the Jungle Hijinx theme as the only recurring elements from the Country games left intact).
Thanked by: Cyberguy64
[Image: 5dda23a753ce91a30d7d809f6dfe4e7b.png]

"Nintendo owns the Kremlin"

[Image: 877d8986543dbeefc125ccfbcc6317e1.png]

I am ready for this. I'd be all for Soviet Mario playing Loginska on a balalaika while walking on the Volga riverside

"Ohhh, mammatryoshka!!" *dies while doing cossack dance*
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
so glad u posted this...really solvin the tru mysteries of the DK lexicon wit legal proof

[Image: Ek5KhJs.jpg]

Just so I can get up to speed here, now that I know Nintendo owns the right to the Kremlings: Diddy Kong is DK's son, right? And Cranky Kong is DK's father? He WAS the original Donkey Kong, so like, he TOTALLY could be his dad.
That would make Diddy Kong Cranky's grandson!

Also why is Tiny big. I thought she was little but now she is big. Why are people aging in the DK universe and not Mario. What is going on
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: Gors
Diddy is DK's nephew
Thanked by:
(06-16-2015, 03:15 PM)Iceman404 Wrote: Diddy is DK's nephew

Thanks for your input, but I'm more likely to take Koopaul's word when it comes to Donkey Kong lexicon. 
It's a very, very deep, engaging series with years of lexicon, so no offense, Iceman - but I feel more comfortable with his definitive assertions on the Donkey Kong series.

Like, c'mon - he's the Donkey Kong expert.
I'm so confused right now
Thanked by: Kosheh
(06-16-2015, 03:28 PM)Kosheh Wrote: It's a very, very deep, engaging series with years of lexicon, so no offense, Iceman - but I feel more comfortable with his definitive assertions on the Donkey Kong series.

i hope this helps you out

[Image: N5ZCWeX.jpg]

it's still a pretty difficult story, but it's canon.

barrel cannon.
[Image: hnMDWvN.png]
I always thought it was weird that Dixie is Diddy's girlfriend.

Do they fuck and make out?

[Image: 2014-11-19_1823.png]
Thanked by:
(06-16-2015, 10:19 PM)Pik Wrote: I always thought it was weird that Dixie is Diddy's girlfriend.

Do they fuck and make out?

Yes. I read on the Internet that Kiddy Kong is their son but this is probably untrue just like everything I've been reading on the Internet lately
Thanked by: E-Man, Cyberguy64, recme