Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Wario Land 4
So, I have been ripping content from this game, since I think it's absolutely amazing and needs more graphics available online.

Here's some of what I have so far:

Map Screen Sprites

[Image: WarioLand4MapSprites.png]

Toxic Landfill Tileset

[Image: ToxicLandfil.png]

Monsoon Jungle Rain/Water Animations

[Image: monsoonjungleanimations.png]

And stuff in progress:

Purple Factory Objects

[Image: purplefactorybg.png]
Arabian Night Interior

[Image: arabiannightinteriorbg.png]

Some backgrounds

[Image: ShopBG.png]

[Image: MinigameRoomBG.png]

[Image: SoundRoomBG.png]

So yes, thoughts so far?  And does anyone want to help with the project?  Because I'm planning to rip the following:

All level foregrounds
All level backgrounds
Robo Bird sprite graphics
All animations
Thanked by: Garamonde, redblueyellow
Please refrain from using a white background (or a black one, for that matter). Even if it doesn't clash with the sheet, it's generally discouraged. Something like magenta or cyan usually works better (although any colour that doesn't clash and isn't too bright should be fine).
I would also suggest making your tags (in the first two sheets) a bit smaller in terms of font size, since big ones are also not really preferred. For example, in your second one a smaller and compact tag you would allow you to rearrange the tiles more efficiently. It doesn't have to be tiny but for instance the size in the Monsoon Jungle animations sheet is less space-consuming and still perfectly readable.

Otherwise these look pretty good, great job! This brings back memories, I should play this again sometime Smile
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Garamonde, Hiccup
(06-06-2015, 02:16 AM)puggsoy Wrote: Please refrain from using a white background (or a black one, for that matter). Even if it doesn't clash with the sheet, it's generally discouraged. Something like magenta or cyan usually works better (although any colour that doesn't clash and isn't too bright should be fine).
I would also suggest making your tags (in the first two sheets) a bit smaller in terms of font size, since big ones are also not really preferred. For example, in your second one a smaller and compact tag you would allow you to rearrange the tiles more efficiently. It doesn't have to be tiny but for instance the size in the Monsoon Jungle animations sheet is less space-consuming and still perfectly readable.

Otherwise these look pretty good, great job! This brings back memories, I should play this again sometime Smile

Yeah, I'll make sure future rips have a different background colour.

Same with the tag.  To be honest, I might not put much of a tag on future rips, since I've always thought they belonged to the company, so anything more than a description seems a bit dishonest.  But whatever I do, it'll have a smaller font size.

Thanks for your feedback!
Thanked by:
Old, but some recent rips...

40 Below Fridge

[Image: warioland4futurefactorytiles.png]

[Image: 40BelowFridgeIceTileset.png]

The Curious Factory:

[Image: CURIOUSFACTORYTILES.png]

The latter is not complete, unfortunately.  The smashers seem to have at least twenty frames for when they smash down, and they change so slowly and subtly that it's almost impossible to want to rip them.
Thanked by: Ton
I believe those are animated in modules, i.e they're pieces that animate by programming and thus there's a high count of frames. If you send me the savestate next to these props, I can give it a look and try ripping them from tiles.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
By the way, not to bring up the font thing again, but it seems your credit texts have white anti-aliasing around them, which can make it a bit tough to read.

Good rips though! I love this game.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
(06-30-2015, 11:30 AM)Gors Wrote: I believe those are animated in modules, i.e they're pieces that animate by programming and thus there's a high count of frames. If you send me the savestate next to these props, I can give it a look and try ripping them from tiles.

You're probably right there.  They probably animate the top of the smasher, the sides of the smasher and the light separately.

But I guess I can send a save state if you want to try ripping them.

(06-30-2015, 11:41 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: By the way, not to bring up the font thing again, but it seems your credit texts have white anti-aliasing around them, which can make it a bit tough to read.

Good rips though! I love this game.

Thanks for the comments everyone!  Crescent Moon Village is next, although it'll probably take a while to get this set completed.  Lots of background elements to rip layer by layer.
Thanked by:
New stuff:

Hall of Hieroglyphs Tileset:

[Image: hallofhieroglyphs.png]

Now with all the tutorial pictures so you can make your own wall animations.  It's been tweaked a bit in some cases, since nothing ever had the left arrow on the D-Pad light up.  I would also recolour the Go! signs (to make a version without the shadow), but I didn't at this point.  The shadow is on the same layer as the wall decoration, so it's not something you can do programmatically.

Environmental Animations:

[Image: warioland4envanimations.png]

For those people who like the fog, lava and water from the game enough to want to use it in their own projects.
Thanked by: redblueyellow
So yeah, progress.

It's slow, but I'm ripping the tiles for Hotel Horror:

[Image: HotelHorrorSprites.png]

Ignore the current lack of formatting, I've still got about 40% of the graphics to get. That's the problem with this level (as a GFX ripper), it has four palettes for every single object ever.
Thanked by:
Okay, finally ripped it. The last enemy sprite of the game:

[Image: robobirdsprites.png]

Yep, it's the Robo Bird found only in Hard and Super Hard modes. As far as I know, this is the last enemy for whom sprites cannot be found on either The Spriter's Resource or Mario Fan Games Galaxy.
Thanked by: puggsoy, Ton
Drill Fish enemy from Catbat's boss battle:

[Image: drillfish.png]

Not the best rip, because the spawning smoke effects have a messed up transparency thing that doesn't really follow the shape of the sprite.

Either way, it's also on MFGG now:

http://mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&para...1&id=31784
Thanked by: Garamonde
Well, may be starting this again:

http://mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&para...1&id=32483

[Image: warioland4menusprites.png]

This was a surprisingly annoying thing to rip. Some effects didn't even seem to be in the tile viewer, so I got them from an emulator screenshot instead (like the dark purple box around the level name).

And then... I got told by someone on Wario Forums that the background changes after you beat Super Hard mode, and the one I'd ripped was the unlockable one. Apparently, this is the normal version:

http://warioforums.com/index.php?threads...post-19540

Still, it's mostly usable, and it got accepted on Mario Fan Games Galaxy.
Thanked by: Garamonde, puggsoy, Ton
As long as you're working on this, could you get the hover-car from the Super Hard ending? For some reason nobody's gotten it yet.
Thanked by:
Already been suggested, and I plan to get it at some point. Only issue is trying to beat the final boss on Super Hard mode in an emulator, since I don't have a PC controller.
Thanked by:
So, got some of the ending stuff now:

[Image: warioland4endingbgs.png]

The different sizes for the images bugs me, but I can't do much about it.  Why?  Because the game actually doesn't make the images the same size, it just cuts them off when displayed in the game.  So unlike the one on the site found here:

http://www.spriters-resource.com/game_bo...heet/1566/

I ripped the whole image from the tile viewer.  I also ripped the two Super Hard mode specific images, the steak restaurant flyer, the background for the 'all bosses will be revived' message, the various Shokora scene backgrounds and some other random stuff (like a pieced together version of the sunset background).

Still to rip is the moon in the background on the drive back.  Why?  Because it's actually on the sprite layer with Wario's car and the rocks that pass in front of him.  So I'll need to piece it together from the different tiles in the tile viewer.

Also, for other stuff:

http://warioforums.com/index.php?media/w...-stuff.21/

This version has the hover car and the angels.