Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[Anthus' Model Gallery]
I'm going to go ahead and post some pictures of various models I've made over the years. Some are crappy, and basic, some have textures, most don't, some are 'fan game' stuff, some of it is original content, and all of it was made by me, in Google Sketch-Up.

Zelda Stuff (Imgur album) -- be sure to look at the full-res images, if you want. There's a little gear in the upper right of each picture which allows you to do so.
Non-Zelda Stuff. Lots of concept stuff here (Imgur Album).

I'll post some non-3D stuff eventually, but probably in another forum cause this area is for 3D work, it seems. I have a lot of other 3D stuff too, like some Mario 64/ Metroid* stuff, among some other things. I have a lot of 2D Zelda maps as well.

* I was attempting to remake the world of Super Metroid in the 3D map style of the Prime games. I only got a small portion of Crateria done. I'll get together some more shots, if people are interested.
Thanked by: Guy
I don't usually see much level-design-focused 3d art that much, so that's pretty cool.
The designs are pretty interesting, too, regardless of the actual quality of the materials themselves.
Thanked by:
These are a bit basic, but otherwise not bad! Since I never touched Google Sketch-Up in my life, I honestly don't know the full capabilities of that application. If you're up for it, why not eventually try a more powerful CGI modeling software, such as Blender? Sure, it's interface is difficult to master, but it produces some very professional results for freeware.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
I love Blender, I'm just pretty basic at it. I have followed a lot of tutorials, and made some renders here and there, but I have trouble retaining the info I learned cause I simply don't practice as much as I'd like to. Sketch-Up is a lot easier, and faster for blocking out, which is mostly what I do. Sketch Up can produce hi-poly, and realistic looking models, but it just takes a bit more work lol. The one thing SU lacks is a dedicated 'material' maker, like a lot of other 3D apps have. You are basically limited to placing static textures with next to no lighting options, and it ends up looking rather basic. It was designed for people to draft with in a construction/ architecture context, so it is definitely geared more towards that crowd. I want to advance my skills in any way possible, though. It just takes time is all.
Thanked by:
The level designs look very clean, basic but clean, really nice Anth.
Nice to hear you're using blender, something I've been using since 2.47b, just stick with it and it becomes second nature.

I've always focused on people/creatures, and just recently started getting into environment design, feelin' very noobish seeing your level designs, would love to see you continue to post here.

Have to say it's all very rough looking though, like something out of a 64/PSX game, wonder how you'd do with something more complex?
Thanked by: E-Man