Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Korean Doomclone, no transparent pixels? Requesting conversion.
I've been toying with this on and off for months now and since I signed up I figured I might as well ask for help from people with more experience than I have.

The game is an old Korean Doomclone titled Hades (하데스) (Video), and like Doom it doesn't seem to store transparent pixels (Unofficial Doom Specification that goes into more detail down under CHAPTER [5]: Graphics)

The reason that I drew this conclusion is how it looks in TiledGGVery Sad

Pistol
[Image: Q0UeP2N.png]
Ship HUD
[Image: Cs0XoLu.png]
Forget what this is supposed to be
[Image: Qe4saPW.png]

Pistol from a screenshot
[Image: IMGcMxc.png]

Ship HUD from a screenshot
[Image: j9flKChm.jpg]

Now, this is what Doomguy looks like when the PLAYA1 lump is read in TiledGGVery Sad

[Image: 7mO9fIk.png]

And here's how he's supposed to look:

[Image: 2VsJFvO.png]

Notice how it warps, unlike the usual consistent shearing that occurs when you set the wrong viewing size.

What I would like is if this format could be converted to something that I could use, I simply have absolutely no programming experience.

Here's the download for the demo of Hades, which is all that's been found so far.
Thanked by:
What file extensions are we looking at here? .SPR? I can't find PLAYA1 anywhere.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
(05-24-2015, 02:37 AM)puggsoy Wrote: What file extensions are we looking at here? .SPR? I can't find PLAYA1 anywhere.

PLAYA1 is an example sprite of Doomguy from Doom to help illustrate what I mean with the transparent pixels.

.SPR and .SHP are the sprites, .PAL is sections of palettes which is odd.
Thanked by: