Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Daxar's Sprite Rips
A while ago, I came on here and made a few tools for ripping sprites from WayForward games. Someone compiled the DuckTales: Remastered ones together and uploaded them in my name (Thanks, kind stranger!) but it looks like the folks who originally asked me about Bloodrayne: Betrayal never did anything with the sprites. That won't do at all, will it?

Rayne
Rayne

Crow
Crow
Raven
Raven
Rayne 1080p
Rayne 1080p

Anticrow
Anticrow
Blood Balloon
Blood Balloon
Brimstoner
Brimstoner
Cannon
Cannon
Elite Guard
Elite Guard
Frogman
Frogman
Parasite
Parasite
Popup
Popup
Shambler
Shambler
Tosser
Tosser
Vampire Lady
Vampire Lady
Vampire Thug
Vampire Thug
Wheeler
Wheeler
Wraith
Wraith

Crab Puncher
Crab Puncher
Crab Puncher MK. II
Crab Puncher MK. II
Crimson Demon
Crimson Demon
Kagan
Kagan
Zeta Gamma
Zeta Gamma

Environments
Environments
Miscellaneous
Miscellaneous

Since this is my first rip, comments/feedback would be appreciated.

Oh, and I noticed that Random Talking Bush did a rip of some Shantae sprites that look a tad like some of the DXT compression went a bit off. If someone has these or some other .anb files from other WayForward games, I'll gladly take a look. I added a few to my wishlist on Steam, but I'd have to wait for those to go on sale cause I'm a cheapskate and all that...
Thanked by: Ploaj
Oh hey, do you mind if I make a request?

There's another wayforward game that structures the anb files the same way as Duck Tales, but doesn't use the same image format.
Could you make the wflzex thing-y just output the decompressed wflz parts instead of build the images?

I would really appreciate it.
Thanked by:
(05-17-2015, 04:27 PM)Daxar Wrote: Oh, and I noticed that Random Talking Bush did a rip of some Shantae sprites that look a tad like some of the DXT compression went a bit off. If someone has these or some other .anb files from other WayForward games, I'll gladly take a look. I added a few to my wishlist on Steam, but I'd have to wait for those to go on sale cause I'm a cheapskate and all that...
I'll be sending you the .ANB / .TEX files that the game has shortly, so you can check for yourself.

As and for the DuckTales Remastered sprites, I did so earlier. Credited you for those of course since you did all of the work with the sprite-conversion program and all. Tongue
Thanked by: Daxar
Thanks, Random Talking Bush! Have a new executable that should extract all those properly. Two separate programs, actually, since the .tex and the .anb files seem to be set up quite differently in terms of headers and compression.

@Ploaj: Ask and you shall receive. The texture header (which contains important info such as width/height) is generally right BEFORE the WFLZ compressed data, so I went ahead and just spit the relevant info out into the command line as it decompresses. Good luck! And if you have any .anb's in particular you'd like me to take a look at, let me know!
Thanked by: Ploaj
These are great! WayForward has some awesome graphics. I can't wait for more!
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
More on the way! Bloodrayne's gallery format was just normal PNG images, which I didn't realize before. Derp.

Gallery
Gallery

And the shantae .tex extractor works fine with DuckTales .tex files too, so there's that also...
FX
FX

And on a non-WayForward note, Little Inferno!
Catalog 1 Items
Catalog 1 Items
Catalog 2 Items
Catalog 2 Items
Catalog 3 Items
Catalog 3 Items
Catalog 4 Items
Catalog 4 Items
Catalog 5 Items
Catalog 5 Items
Catalog 6 Items
Catalog 6 Items
Catalog 7 Items
Catalog 7 Items
Miscellaneous Items
Miscellaneous Items
Recieved Items
Recieved Items

Buttons
Buttons
Catalog Icons
Catalog Icons
Cutscenes
Cutscenes
Miscellaneous
Miscellaneous
Scenes
Scenes
Characters
Characters
Thanked by: puggsoy, Ploaj, Ton
I snatched up WayForward's game Double Dragon Neon during a Steam sale, and managed to figure out the .anb format entirely. While most of the game's data is in 3D model (.gr2) format, there's quite a lot of 2D sprites also!

(No need to post the program, since this is all of the 2D textures in the game, but here's the source code, which should help with figuring out .anb formats in other games)

Bosses
Bosses
Editor Icons
Editor Icons
Environments
Environments
FX
FX
Gallery
Gallery
Intro Logos
Intro Logos
Menus & HUD
Menus & HUD
Miscellaneous
Miscellaneous
Objects
Objects
Shadow Maps
Shadow Maps
Thanked by: Ton
Awesome stuff! You're knocking it out of the park lately!
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
Thanked by:
Nice, but why are some of them in a .zip like King Knight? I doubt that he has so many frames in comparison to the other enemies.

Btw, are you going to rip Kratos too?
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
King Knight was composed of 6 different .anb files, hence my program spit out 6 sprite sheets... and at that point it was just easier to zip them all up than stitch them together manually. No other reason tbh. Same with the other sheets I packaged as .zip files.

I have no idea what Kratos is; I'm not seeing an .anb of that name in the game's directory. Maybe it's there under a different name? As far as I know, I've ripped every image in the game, so it should be there somewhere unless I missed it.

EDIT: Ah, that would explain it. "Kratos is a new optional Boss in Shovel Knight that only appears in the PlayStation versions of the game." Seeing as I don't own the PlayStation version, there's no real way for me to rip it. If anyone has it and can send me a .pak or .anb, I'd be glad to.
Thanked by:
I'd rather get the Battletoads in that case.
[Image: lhjFt57.gif][Image: sX7JK6W.gif][Image: 4BB3IOO.gif][Image: qHY3ZCP.gif][Image: oCiv6RT.gif][Image: RNSMdiR.gif][Image: gx5wm3G.gif][Image: ld7rSgS.gif]
Thanked by:
(06-04-2015, 04:53 PM)Magma Dragoon Wrote: I'd rather get the Battletoads in that case.
Too bad there's only an XBox One version of that and not a 360 version, making it currently impossible to rip.
Thanked by:
So, WayForward just released their mobile game "Mighty Switch Force! Hose it Down!" on Steam, which is basically a casual knockoff game from Mighty Switch Force 2. It seems to be Unity-based, and after extracting some images and converting them to .dds, you get this:

[Image: atlas.tex.png]

Ew. I managed to extract the fx here (fire, smoke, etc), and I think I got it all mostly correct (or at least a reasonable approximation), but the characters are a complete nightmare, as there's no rhyme or reason to how Unity laid out the atlas, and there are often pixels of difference between frames. Anyone up for a challenge, or have some tips, or anything?
Thanked by:
Unity games are often laid out like this - I believe it's because these games all use the same engine to generate their sheets. I'm not sure there is any structure to it but there must be some sort of table in these games that refer to the individual sprite locations in these files.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: