Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Any rules of getting sprites organised?
Hello, I have just rip sprites of miko enemy from Shinrei Jusatsushi Taromaru(Saturn). I believe it is complete, and willing to make them altogether and upload.
The problem, as topic suggests, is organizing. Is there any rule of the space between each sprite? And any tricks to get sprites organised?
And how to check if the moveset is complete? How to discover hidden ones?

Having browsing SDB for 2 years, and never dreamed that I would became and uploader. Amazing!
Thanked by:
How about you show us the sprite sheet and we give you feedback about it?

- Space between sprites: No clear rule, but shouldn't be too much or too less.
- Organisation: I suggest you make a new row for each move and give it a name like "Special Attack" or "Eating Spaghetti"
- Check for completion: That's up to you to check, the easiest thing I can imagine is using Animget/Screenget (configure - frame delay = 10 for Screenget so that it matches Animget) and checking through the single pictures with Windows Picture Viewer while simultanously checking the frames on your sheet (it's useful to have two windows open at the same time or you have to switch from the sheet in your graphics program and the single pictures from Animget/Screenget in the Windows Picture Viewer all the time).
- Hidden sprites: This is only possible through a tile viewer. I know tile viewers for SNES and PSX, but not for Saturn, so you have to ask someone else. Btw, you can get clues for hidden sprites from websites which revolve around discovering such things like The Cutting Room Floor (if they have an entry for said game).

Btw, RandomTalkingBush's sheets are pretty good organized, if you need an example:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/submitt...king+Bush/
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by: Shade, beaufighter
(05-14-2015, 06:47 AM)Davy Jones Wrote: How about you show us the sprite sheet and we give you feedback about it?

- Space between sprites: No clear rule, but shouldn't be too much or too less.
- Organisation: I suggest you make a new row for each move and give it a name like "Special Attack" or "Eating Spaghetti"
- Check for completion: That's up to you to check, the easiest thing I can imagine is using Animget/Screenget (configure - frame delay = 10 for Screenget so that it matches Animget) and checking through the single pictures with Windows Picture Viewer while simultanously checking the frames on your sheet (it's useful to have two windows open at the same time or you have to switch from the sheet in your graphics program and the single pictures from Animget/Screenget in the Windows Picture Viewer all the time).
- Hidden sprites: This is only possible through a tile viewer. I know tile viewers for SNES and PSX, but not for Saturn, so you have to ask someone else. Btw, you can get clues for hidden sprites from websites which revolve around discovering such things like The Cutting Room Floor (if they have an entry for said game).

Btw, RandomTalkingBush's sheets are pretty good organized, if you need an example:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/submitt...king+Bush/

Thank you!
I tried GLIntercept on Yabause and ePSXe190, but it didn't work. Also, my Yabause whose version is v0.9.14 doesn't have a frame advance buttom.
Thanked by: