Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ripping MDL0/PAC Brawl models
I know that Brawl already has almost all of its models ripped.
However, there are various custom stuff found in Brawl mods, mostly characters, which I want to rip.
I can view them on BrawlBox, but I also want to be able to use them on things like Blender or Unity.
How can I convert those character models, but also keep all the other displaying files associated with them (textures, texture mapping, rigging, bones, animations, etc.)? Thanks in advance!

P.S.: Yes, I tried BRRES Viewer, but the model is slightly glitched when viewed through BRESS Viewer, and I have no idea how to export models like that, so they can be used for things like Blender or Unity, but still keep everything else associated with them.
Thanked by:
I believe we have a tutorial for this pinned to the top of the page
http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-25927.html
[Image: 1471_Courage.jpg]
Thanked by:
Yeah, but the thing is: the model looks messed up on BRRES Viewer. What now?
Thanked by:
(05-13-2015, 10:49 AM)TrinitroMan Wrote: Yeah, but the thing is: the model looks messed up on BRRES Viewer. What now?

Can you at least share images of it?

Thanked by:
Sure:
[Image: MXmaoG2.png]
As you can see, BrawlBox is displaying that model correctly. But when I try to open that model with BRRES Viewer, I get this:
[Image: Z71EHOr.png]
Seriously, why is this happening? What is going on?
Please help me. Thanks in advance!
Thanked by:
You can export the MDL0 to dae if you right click and export it using the DAE option
Thanked by:
Already tried. Blender would give me an error when trying to read the exported DAE file (exported it with BrawlBox).
And keep in mind I want to keep texture mapping, bones, rigging and stuff as well.
And most importantly: I want to be able to use the models on things like Unity.
Thanked by:
Sorry for the bump, but I really need help.
Thanked by:
Maybe you could try the Noises: http://www.richwhitehouse.com/index.php?...ojects.php
Open the .DAE and re-export as friendly format for your 3D program

There could be...
- .FBX
- .DAE
- .SMD

Those format support rigged from what I familiar with.
Make sure you check "Flip UV's" box before you export. Some reason Noises mess up with UVs map.

Thanked by:
Okay, so Noesis can display the DAE models from BrawlBox just fine, but it cannot display any textures, appearing as a white shape instead (a recognizable shape though, because there are no corruptions like in BRRES Viewer). And it gets to keep it like that when exported to OBJ.
What now?
Thanked by:
(05-15-2015, 08:31 AM)TrinitroMan Wrote: Okay, so Noesis can display the DAE models from BrawlBox just fine, but it cannot display any textures, appearing as a white shape instead (a recognizable shape though, because there are no corruptions like in BRRES Viewer). And it gets to keep it like that when exported to OBJ.
What now?

There's a options, you don't see the boxes?? (Something said .obj, just click on it)

And yeah, there's no texture, you have to add it by yourself in 3D program. There should be a selected texture groups, if a model doesn't count many texture groups. (I'm note that, I'm not using the Blender)

Thanked by:
(05-15-2015, 10:06 AM)RatchetMario Wrote: And yeah, there's no texture, you have to add it by yourself in 3D program.

Well, that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid, though. I want to rip the models like that, so absolutely everything is intact. Even the textures and their texture mapping.
Thanked by:
Uhm...sorry, but I'm a little bit in a hurry now because I need that for a local Unity contest, so please help me out. Thanks in advance!
Thanked by:
Sorry for the bump, but I really REALLY need help right now. So please help me already.
Thanked by:
Sorry for another bump, but why am I not getting any help anymore?
Thanked by: