Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Poll: What is your opinion of Windows Vista?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I hate it !
18.75%
3 18.75%
I dislike it.
6.25%
1 6.25%
I neither like nor dislike Windows Vista.
37.50%
6 37.50%
I like it.
25.00%
4 25.00%
I love it !
12.50%
2 12.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Show yourself if you like windows vista.
Question 
Someone challenged me to find someone who loves or likes windows vista. Windows Vista, for those who don't know, is one of the worst operating systems ever sold. I think that person underestimates the internet...
Thanked by:
Eh, it wasn't that bad after the updates.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by: Gwen
I only recall using it once, but it ok.

*used it for like maybe 5 minutes at best*
c e r t i f i e d   m e m e l o r d .
>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM0jv_z...IciomDGEmQ << you should check this out
Thanked by:
Really, it ain't all that bad. It has a lot of real strange compatibility things, but it isn't as bad as 8, and even that's decent.
Thanked by:
I've been using Vista for a while. I can't say whether it's good or bad compared to other OSs since I haven't really been able to compare.
Thanked by: psychospacecow
I loved Vista when I had it. Definitely better than 7.

I don't think there's any iteration of Windows that I've actually hated once I got used to it... although Windows 8 has some weird quirks that drive me crazy.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: puggsoy, SchAlternate, Gwen
I don't think Vista was nearly as bad as people make it out to be. The beta? Sure, it was awful. The final product was alright though. It was very power-hungry and didn't belong on laptops but as a desktop operating system, it did what it needed to. I love 7 and prefer it in every way over Vista but I didn't think Vista was all that bad.
I never really understood the hate-train for Vista because I really liked how it looked and the features it introduced really improved over XP. Not to mention that it was fine once SP1 came around. 7 outclasses it in every way though.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: Garamonde, Kriven, senjen
I think the main reason Vista was seen as bad was the horrible compatibility. This may have improved later on (I've never used it myself) but it started off bad and as such I think a lot of people just threw it away instantly and reverted back to XP. The fact that Halo 2 only ran on Vista also probably had some effect ("omg microsoft u suck vista sucks").

Personally I think 8 gets more flack than it deserves. Apart from the most obvious changes (Start Screen, Charms Bar, etc), it's more or less the same as 7, but with some nice features like Fast Startup. It's not perfect (and I can see why some people still prefer 7), but it's definitely not terrible.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Yeah, Vista really wasn't all that bad unless you had a collection of windows 98 and Empire Earth to run on something.
Thanked by:
(05-09-2015, 12:14 AM)puggsoy Wrote: I think the main reason Vista was seen as bad was the horrible compatibility.

This, but I also think the beta had something to do with it. I used the beta and it really was awful but it was obviously incomplete. The problem was, there were a lot of vocal people who were writing about how bad it was months before the actual OS hit the shelves and by the time it did, there was already a massively negative perception of it from people who didn't understand what beta meant.

(05-09-2015, 12:14 AM)puggsoy Wrote: Personally I think 8 gets more flack than it deserves. Apart from the most obvious changes (Start Screen, Charms Bar, etc), it's more or less the same as 7, but with some nice features like Fast Startup. It's not perfect (and I can see why some people still prefer 7), but it's definitely not terrible.

Agreed, for the most part. I still prefer 7 but I used 8 for a while. I tried to like the start screen and couldn't, and the touch-designed features were clunky with a mouse (but still usable) but there were some incredible improvements too. Explorer is better, the task manager is significantly improved, and yes, it starts incredibly fast, even without an SSD. It definitely gets too much hate but I think it's a little more justified than it was for Vista since these were functional changes.
Thanked by: psychospacecow, puggsoy
I've never heard any complaints from the folk I know that use Windows in general (I keep that at distance but of course still speak to them). Windows 8 I think really had most of their users up in arms about the features they changed/added. Luckily I have been keeping track on Windows 10 details and in combination with 'Edge' they seem to have really pulled up their socks.
Thanked by:
I used Vista a lot during my early internet years. It worked just fine.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
I used Vista a lot during my early internet years. It worked just fine. 

wait...
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by: E-Man, psychospacecow
(05-09-2015, 09:56 AM)Petie Wrote: there was already a massively negative perception of it from people who didn't understand what beta meant.
Hi, what's a beta? I have a Mac and I don't know what Windoes is

Eh I used to be one of those guys who shit on Vista for little reason other than it's despised in my field - but after SP1, turn off the fancy Aero desktop and it's fine, really. 
I'm one of the people who unironically like Windows 8.1, though, so what's my opinion worth Blank
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: