Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Super Crossover Fusion
       Super Crossover Fusion

1)What’s Super Crossover Fusion?
As the name suggests it’s a crossover game, it’s basically a Mario game just with a bunch of characters and worlds.
2)Plot
An evil Being called Master Core, Started it’s Evil Plan of Fusing a Bunch of Worlds Together, oddly enough a lot of People Started to Follow him, They are called Core’s Stars.
Start of the History:
It’s a normal day at Peach’s Castle, but something was fishy, it’s been months already and Bowser hadn’t tried to Kidnap Princess Toadstool, so Mario & Luigi decided to go investigate, at the middle of the trip, Luigi fell on a Fissure, though Mario continued alone, when finally arrived at Bowser’s Castle, he noticed it’s plain empty… And that’s where the game Starts.
3)Worlds

World 1: The Mushroom Kingdom
Mario’s world, expect bunch of Mario related stuff here.
It’s divided in 4 Parts, though 1 of them is optional.
Zone 1: Bowser’s Domain, You start the game on Bowser’s domain, expect some lava, desert and cave themed levels.
Zone 2: Sky Sky Plains, Here as the name suggests, is a Sky themed zone, but it also has Water and Forest Themed Levels.
Zone 3: Mushroom Kingdom.
Zone 4: Star Road.

World 2: Sonic World
I’m not a big fan of Sonic, I don’t know much about it, after I read some Wiki articles I will write something here.

World 3: Megaman World
Probably the smallest World as there’s about 8 Robot levels plus Wily’s Level.

World 4: Fantasy Realm
It’s a world with Rpg Themed Levels, expect levels about: Zelda, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy and even Klonoa.

World 5: Earth
It’s a world based on the Real World, so stuff from games, like: Gta, Fps games, etc, appears here, also there’s real locations here too.

World 6: Hell
As the name suggests it’s a Demon, Undead and Mortiferous creatures World, Expect Levels form games like, Castlevania, Ghosts’n Goblins, Doom, Resident Evil, Silent Hill and even Slender Man.

World 7: Distorted Realm
What’s this place, I feel so dizzy, I guess im going to faint…

World 8: Subspace Emissary
It’s a world based on the Subspace Emissary, from Super Smash Bros Brawl.

World 9: Outer Space
Sci-fi themed level, expect stuff from games, like Metroid, Star Fox, EarthWorm Jim, Halo, here.

World 10: Core Universe
Error 404 Not Found, can’t get data from this place.

4)Charas

I’m only telling the Charas who are unlocked by simply progreding the Story.

[Image: 79vTwii.png]Mario:
Your average well-balanced character, Mario has a decent amount of Power-Ups.

[Image: xcr5MRj.png]Luigi:
Mario’s Younger Brother, plays much like Mario, except, that he has gotten, slower falling and higher jumping.His Power-Ups are very Similar to Mario’s, but they are somewhat different.

[Image: IKY0VND.png]Peach:
Princess of Mushroom Kingdom, plays somewhat like the Mario Bros, but she has got Gliding and some other things.

[Image: AvGDUOQ.png]Kirby:
The Pink ball that can absorb other’s powers, Kirby’s gameplay is based on sucking enemies and getting their powers and Jumping a lot, his Power-Ups are only Maxim Tomatos and Foods.

[Image: wJpbYmJ.png]Sonic:
The Blue Blur, Sonic is a Character Begginers should use, he can kills enemy whenever he is jumping, or in the Ball form, Also Sonic won’t Die until he stays with 0 Coins.

[Image: B30IIPC.png]Tails:
Sonic’s SideKick, he is just like Sonic, except he can Fly J.

[Image: WYQMtzK.png]Megaman:
Megaman is a Ranged Chara, He has gotten a Life Bar, though his power-ups are only Robot Wpns. Also if he touches any Spiky thing, no matter how much energy he got, he will die J.

[Image: woj3uKF.png]Link:
The Hero of Time, Link’s Gameplay is like this, when he gets a B Weapon, he stays with it until he dies, you can Cycle them by pressing the button that usually functioned to “drop reserve item”, the order of items are as follows: Boomerang->Bow->Bomb->Hammer->Master Sword->Fierce Deity Mask.

[Image: wElY0E2.png]Cat Mario:
With no Power-Ups at All, Cat Mario is the Character for those who want a real Challenge.

[Image: 3S1QgoP.png]Pikachu:
No Data.

There’s More characters, but these are the only ones I’m telling already.
No
Thanked by:
To be honest, this sounds very similar to Mushroom Kingdom Fusion.

By the way, do you have anything else besides the story and character descriptions? I'd like to see some screen captures to see if this is a kind of game I'd like to keep my eye on.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by: Yangfly Master, Ton
(05-04-2015, 12:37 PM)awesome jitter Wrote:  
World 2: Sonic World
I’m not a big fan of Sonic, I don’t know much about it, after I read some Wiki articles I will write something here.

"well, you see I have no idea what Sonic's like but I know people want him in the game, so what the hell right"

(05-04-2015, 01:03 PM)E-Man Wrote: To be honest, this sounds very similar to Mushroom Kingdom Fusion.

By the way, do you have anything else besides the story and character descriptions? I'd like to see some screen captures to see if this is a kind of game I'd like to keep my eye on.

it...basically is Mushroom Kingdom Fusion

though, if you go through with this:

(05-04-2015, 12:37 PM)awesome jitter Wrote: [Image: wElY0E2.png]Cat Mario:
With no Power-Ups at All, Cat Mario is the Character for those who want a real Challenge.

let's set one thing straight:

This is Cat Mario.

[Image: 200px-Cat_Mario_Artwork_-_Super_Mario_3D_World.png]

i'll let you know that the character you're referring to is syobon.

[Image: C0ciWNj.png]
I wouldn't just give Syobon no powerups, though - if I were you, I'd write a humorous, ironic plot based around the character in that he's just trying to return home to the 2ch messageboard and he just has the worst luck and the game design just doesn't ever work out in his favor. Mushrooms cause him to grow too big and fall right through the ground in the stage, and fire flowers cause him to combust into flames. Coins work as normal, but vary up the design of the stage so that not all coins are actually coins and end up being one-hit kill enemies.

Poison mushrooms? He just stops walking and slowly, slowly stops, sits down, lays on the floor and begins shivering uncontrollably.
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
The Random Capitalization and abbrevs make this annoying to read. Please clean up your text.

Quote:World 2: Sonic World

I agree with Kosheh, seems like you're just sticking this in for the hell of it. Unless you're getting paid by an employer, what's the point of making a game about something you're not interested in? You'll just end up making crap, because you can't make a good product unless you care about that product.

Quote:World 7: Distorted Realm
What’s this place, I feel so dizzy, I guess im going to faint…

Thanks for telling us nothing about this world, except that it'll most likely give us headaches. Also, did you just switch your description to a character's perspective? That's just... why?

Quote:World 10: Core Universe
Error 404 Not Found, can’t get data from this place.

"I have this thing, but I don't wanna talk about it, even though this is a game design thread." Dude, your plot's so generic that even if discussing the level design of this world would somehow spoil it, it wouldn't be that big of a spoiler. This is just a fangame you're doing for practice anyway, right? It's not your magnum opus or anything, so why hide stuff?

Down to the characters, their sprite styles clash really badly. Heck, even Mario and Luigi, who are from the same exact game, are clearly using different style sprites. Megaman and Syobon aren't even shaded (I know where those sprites came from, but you could have at least added some detail so they fit into the world), Sonic and Tails are drastically different despite sharing plenty of games together that could have taken common sprites from, and Link and Pikachu barely look like their original designs. Plus, why does Pikachu not have any data? He's not some mysterious character or anything; he's freaking Pikachu! I'd have taken a copy/paste of his pokedex data over this!

I hate to be so harsh, but this whole project seems simultaneously over-ambitious and lazy. Start small, make a concrete plan, don't throw in things just for the hell of it, and stop hiding things that don't need to be hidden. Honestly, making a Mario clone from scratch that's only two or three levels long would be more impressive than this, because it would show effort and focus, along with the ability to finish a project, even if it's just a small one. Make lots of little things, get some experience, and learn something. Making a playable collage is not the way to start game design, even as a hobby.
Thanked by: E-Man, Yangfly Master, DaHog