Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Gatete Mario Engine 8
[Image: oEJ8bFP.png]

Gatete Mario Engine 8 is a open-source mario engine for Game Maker 8 and Game Maker 8.1

FEATURES

- Mario & Luigi as playable characters (NEW!)

- Over 200 enemies.

- 432x240 screen resolution (Widescreen) (NEW!)

- 6 different Yoshi colours. (Green, Red, Yellow, Blue, Magenta and Cyan)

- 14 different powerups. (Mushroom, Fireflower, Iceflower, Carrot, Super-Leaf, Frog Suit, Tanooki Suit, Hammer Flower, Boomerang Flower, Super Flower, Super Bomb, Bee Shroom and Lightning Shroom)

- 7 different goal mechanics. (SMB1 Flagpole, SMB2 Hawkmouth, SMB3 Cards, SMW Goal Gates, SML2 Bells, Keyhole from SMW and the SMB3/SMW Goal Orb)

SCREENSHOTS

[Image: S8p0R8X.png] [Image: lHJE9UZ.png] [Image: W7mMAB9.png]

[Image: KkOj5IC.png] [Image: ExXkplp.png] [Image: pmRg1Z0.png]

The engine makes use of the Caster Audio Engine which is written by Marius Utheim. You can download it here!

DOWNLOAD THE ENGINE HERE!

Enjoy!
[Image: Vb8vjwW.png][Image: uIrDfRP.png][Image: Jd3PZ8y.png][Image: BvmA5Pf.png][Image: 6L4ceD0.png][Image: LAKfOPp.png][Image: 10CGjip.png][Image: gEIdmj2.png]
Thanked by: E-Man, Neweegee, sutinoer
Did you get any inspiration from the Hello Mario engine when you created this?
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
Well you should give some credit to Hello, bcuz it looks very similar.
But nice job anyways.
No
Thanked by:
(05-04-2015, 12:24 PM)awesome jitter Wrote: Well you should give some credit to Hello, bcuz it looks very similar.
But nice job anyways.
If it turns out he programmed this all on his own, then no credit is owed to Hello, because Hello didn't take part in making it. You don't need to give credit on something just because it looks similar, otherwise Digimon should be giving credit to Pokemon, Zelda to Lord of the Rings, Megaman to Astroboy, etc..
Thanked by: E-Man, Joxon
BUT
i ve downloaded and, there's credit to Hello, in it.

Yeah, sorry.
No
Thanked by:
Gotta admit that I used a few scripts from Hello, credit has been given to him.
[Image: Vb8vjwW.png][Image: uIrDfRP.png][Image: Jd3PZ8y.png][Image: BvmA5Pf.png][Image: 6L4ceD0.png][Image: LAKfOPp.png][Image: 10CGjip.png][Image: gEIdmj2.png]
Thanked by:
Version 8.1.5.2 is now available for download

It includes two new propeller blocks

[Image: DUxw3us.png]

[Image: fOsVuSQ.png]
Thanked by:
Looks interesting, might have to try this out Smile
"Someday... I'm gonna make you eat those words. Someday... revenge will be mine."
Thanked by:
My only problem is that the jog speed feels a bit slow for a 2D Mario game, could be just me though.
"Someday... I'm gonna make you eat those words. Someday... revenge will be mine."
Thanked by: