Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
New to ripping would like to n64
Hey guys I'm new to ripping game sprites all together. Not sure if there is some software that i would need or if I need to recreate it for myself. I would like to rip n64 games/roms so whatever you need for that, I plan on doing some zelda games because I need those sprites and cannot find them anywhere. Do i just take an image editor and screen shot and work with that if so I can see why no one has done any for these games yet. But just a rundown of the process would be awesome.
Thanked by:
I always use Tile Molester to rip from N64 games. I'd be happy to help you learn how to use it! : )
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by: Dazz
Thanks man but is there another application because my PC has its java all jacked up? If I can get it working I would love a little tut if you don't mind.
A Good Man Fights For Reasons All His Own.
--
A Great Man Fights For The Right Cause In A Loosing Battle.

-Edward_Stryfe
Thanked by:
You could always do it this way. It's a little bit outdated but not much has changed.

http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-25353.html

You'd have to play through the game to the correct spot. I can't guarantee that the sprites you're wanting will be extracted along with everything else, though.

Thanked by:
(04-29-2015, 01:07 PM)Shade Wrote: You could always do it this way. It's a little bit outdated but not much has changed.

http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-25353.html

You'd have to play through the game to the correct spot. I can't guarantee that the sprites you're wanting will be extracted along with everything else, though.

Hey thanks but I got this tutorial and I still need to work on the touch ups and really I only read half way though it but this was the product.

[Image: mario.png]

I'm not really that disappointed but that guy gave me a headache he didn't know at all what he was talking about, that or he didn't flouently speak english. I also have inkscape so there is no problem with touch ups just a matter of time. Maybe though if you could give a shortened more well explained version that would be awesome. I alread have all the applications except the option one, so if you know this method and could help out with that that would be amazing.
--

-Edward_Stryfe
Thanked by:
That's a screenshot of a 3D model.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by:
(04-30-2015, 08:53 AM)Dazz Wrote: That's a screenshot of a 3D model.

I know, I already said I only read half the tutorial before face-palming with a head and desk.
--

-Edward_Stryfe
Thanked by:
Wait uh, are you wanting to rip sprites or models? That's a completely different tutorial altogether from what you were asking for in your original post. Tongue

Thanked by:
No I know I didn't actually find out the difference until not that long ago. Models are my goal.
--

-Edward_Stryfe
Thanked by:
(04-28-2015, 02:57 PM)Shade Wrote: I always use Tile Molester to rip from N64 games. I'd be happy to help you learn how to use it! : )

How do you Tile Molester because I was also wondering I even had a topic asking pretty much the same thing because I want to rip Mischief Maker sprites particularly the Cerberus Alpha Boss fight Question I have the sprites someone else did for the first boss fight the one on Spriter's Resource but it is unfinished because it is missing that second boss fight. please help or direct me to the nearest tutorial
Thanked by: