Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
If You Won $1,000,000 on a Game Show...
What would you do with it?

I'd first put away $250,000 into my savings for a rainy day.  Then I'd pay off all my college debt, so I wouldn't have to deal with that for the rest of my life.  Then after buying standards of living stuff, spread some out across the family and friends like you guys.  The rest would be put into my game development endeavors, and funsies stuff.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by: senjen
Id buy land, buy a house, remodel it and then rent it to someone. I live in a country where houses are rented for rather high prices depending on how theyre made. 1,000,000 in dollars is equal to 20,000,000 in our currency which is A SHIT TON OF MONEY. A beautiful house would be rented easily for around 10,000 - 20,000 Ethiopian Birr which is equal to about $1000 per month. Considering how cheap everything is here in dollars, this would be the easy life baby.
[Image: tumblr_mzx6bm02eC1s38z45o1_500.gif]
Anonymous Wrote:...the world is so much simpler if you just dont give a FUCK...
Thanked by: recme, Koh
Pay off my student debt and plan a trip to Disneyland with the family.
[Image: JSW7XoM.png][Image: M9AUckK.png]
Thanked by: Shade, recme, Koh
Pay off college debt and put the rest in savings because I'm boring.
Thanked by: recme, Koh
Would save them into my bank account to get monthly interests. Instant infinte money cheat

that would allow me to go on a world trip to visit you guys, actually buy things i like and help out my mom with the expenses.

reminder: $ 1.000.000,00 is worth R$ 3.200.000,00 in brazilian money
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: ~Axis~, psychospacecow, recme, Koh
If it was only (...yes, only) 1 million then you can't really go crazy on the extravagant lifestyle type stuff because you'd run out of money pretty quickly.

My first answer in most win-the-lottery scenarios is "buy a Ferrari" but supercar maintenance adds up fast and that 1 million likely wouldn't last me the rest of my life regardless unless I lived relatively frugally.

The first thing I'd do is quit my job, then pay off any and all debts, then I guess probably give my parents the same amount as whatever they have left to pay off their house, then the rest goes into savings which I'd only pull out in small increments each month to pay off necessary expenses but since I don't wanna drain that I'd inevitably end up getting a better paying, more "professional" job elsewhere to supplement it and ensure that that million lasts as long as it possibly can.

...I might take a thousand or two and gamble in Vegas and maybe go do a small bit of sightseeing somewhere but otherwise I wouldn't do too much on the extravagant end of things and my life would be more or less the same as it is now.
Boring, right?

Now, if we were talking several hundred million or like, a billion or more....
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: recme
I'd buy 3 PlayStation 4 games, Y'ALL KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING OVERPRICED GAMES?
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
I would buy all of the gum.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:
I would Help family members with the cash pay off my voice over classes that i'm currently doing i really want to get into voice over, donate some to charity and safe some for a rainy day.
What Rips am i doing next not sure?
[Image: giphy.webp]
Thanked by:
id hire an artist and a programer to make a cool game, and repent later when it tanks
Thanked by: Kriven, Koopaul
Step A: Figure out a modest living situation. One that won't murder me on taxes and utilities, but one where I also won't have to worry about a mortgage or rent. Basically sink 200k into a place that I can maintain at $1000/mo or less. Just own it outright.

Then I'd squirrel another 100k away for a rainy day, so I don't have to sell crack if I ever get cancer.

The I take the remaining 700k and invest it into hiring a few programmers and graphic designers and building a company. Have them build my dream games (but stay low cost. We're talking SNES-era games, here) and a service which I would want to someday rival Steam (though not right off the bat. At first it would be a simple media organizer, a hybrid of XBMC and Calibre, then I would slowly layer in a store, music playing support, video playback support, etc.)
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
Pay Ego Raptor $5000 to shut him up about Sonic being bad. Invest the rest. Go meet people I respect. Start a media production studio. Make a student grant for it. Find out why Orkimedes and Ahuron haven't released Card Saga Wars yet. Pay a SEGA Exec on Sonic Boom to bury 10 Copies of the game in the desert. (I wouldn't waste money telling people I'm making an exec bury work he might be proud. Unless of course they're proud of it.) Pay off family debts. Ask J.G Quintel who's the black guy on Regular show, Go find Penndleton Ward and ask him if Jake's whole family is black or if it's just Jermaine. Live without societal worry.

~fin.

EDIT: Call Mr. Kojima and ask when Z.O.E 3 is and while I'm at it ask him if Boktai 4 and Lunar Knights 2 is happening. God willingly I live long enough to find the time and resources to ask Square what's their deal with black people.
[Image: VeM0J5C.gif]
[Image: clVthBd.png]
You may also know me as Giraffe
Thanked by:
Kojima got fired from Konami, man.

None of those are happening (under him, at least)
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: psychospacecow
(04-16-2015, 07:32 PM)Omegajak Wrote: Find out why Orkimedes and Ahuron haven't released Card Saga Wars yet.

I think this is a question the entire Internet's been asking

for like 15 years

(i'm pretty sure the answer is "we got pretty good at what we did and Card Sagas Wars made great resume fodder and oh god dammit now we have lives. what a flippin' bummer"
the problem is the two guys can't trust anyone else with their work, and that work just happens to be the most ambitious fangame idea ever)
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: Kriven, Pik
The last bit of information about that game came in 2013:

http://abysswolf.deviantart.com/journal/...-393411764

tl;dr: It's an on-and-off project for the two when they aren't busy doing paid work that feeds them.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: