Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sonic Unleashed WII .onz files
anyone have any idea what .onz files do and how to open them?

EDIT: I have successfully decompressed the onz file. It gave me .one files. I tried the one unpacker for sonic heroes, but it came out corrupt
Thanked by:
Could you upload some so we can analyze them?
Thanked by:
I've been playing around with these all night. I can't find the boss files, and it's ticking me off.

Anyway, you use Puyo Tools to decompile the .onz files, and then use Puyo Tools again to decompile the .one files. Then you can get the .gvr texture files, convertable to PNG with Puyo Tools, and .gno files, the model files. (As you probably know.)
Thanked by:
(04-11-2015, 11:33 PM)ThatTrueStruggle Wrote: Could you upload some so we can analyze them?

if you want me to then yes, but you need to specify which ones, there is alot of them.

i have found a way to import the geometry using ItsEasyActually's gno importer for 3ds max. i will try to merge all of the files and if possible upload them to the models resource

Also, if someone could help me convert all of this stuff? its time consuming to go throughout all of the files and import them
Thanked by:
(04-12-2015, 12:23 AM)josh98 Wrote: I've been playing around with these all night. I can't find the boss files, and it's ticking me off.

Anyway, you use Puyo Tools to decompile the .onz files, and then use Puyo Tools again to decompile the .one files. Then you can get the .gvr texture files, convertable to PNG with Puyo Tools, and .gno files, the model files. (As you probably know.)

The boss files are in the respective stage files, as with all enemies.
A lot of models don't import though, so don't get your hopes up.
Thanked by: josh98
(04-13-2015, 04:36 PM)TGE Wrote: The boss files are in the respective stage files, as with all enemies.

Yeah, I finally found Dark Gaia and I could only get his head. The rest imported as boxes... Thanks for the heads up, I was looking for the rest of the boss models hoping they'd work xD
Thanked by:
Hi! Almost 5 years on and here I am but I was wondering about the .GNO conversion to 3DS Max. It would appear that the link that 'ItsEasyActually' posted back in 2013-2014 no longer works to dropbox which has kind of screwed my progress to getting some of the models that are able to be converted correctly from the Sonic Unleashed ISO. So I was just wondering if there is another link to get to the software/tool for converting from .GNO model files to the model being on 3DS Max or if maybe there was another different tool made to tackle this problem? I apologise if there's any confusing parts in this response as I'm still quite a newbie to this and I have been learning along the way.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read!
Thanked by:
(04-10-2020, 05:33 PM)THEE Person376 Wrote: Hi! Almost 5 years on and here I am but I was wondering about the .GNO conversion to 3DS Max. It would appear that the link that 'ItsEasyActually' posted back in 2013-2014 no longer works to dropbox which has kind of screwed my progress to getting some of the models that are able to be converted correctly from the Sonic Unleashed ISO. So I was just wondering if there is another link to get to the software/tool for converting from .GNO model files to the model being on 3DS Max or if maybe there was another different tool made to tackle this problem? I apologise if there's any confusing parts in this response as I'm still quite a newbie to this and I have been learning along the way.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read!
https://www.vg-resource.com/thread-29836.html

You can find the latest version in this thread. Be careful about necroposting!
Thanked by:
(04-13-2015, 05:13 PM)josh98 Wrote:
(04-13-2015, 04:36 PM)TGE Wrote: The boss files are in the respective stage files, as with all enemies.

Yeah, I finally found Dark Gaia and I could only get his head. The rest imported as boxes... Thanks for the heads up, I was looking for the rest of the boss models hoping they'd work xD

Where are the stage files. I tried looking under common but I keep getting UI PNGS only.
Thanked by:
hiii nn tools is actively maintained and should import the stages id hope (if they don't, please post about it on the github or in the nn server)
https://github.com/Argx2121/Sega_NN_tool.../tag/0.7.4
the tool is for blender fellas alright have fun
Thanked by: