Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Warlock Super Nintendo
I was wondering if someone could help me out. I have the Warlock's final form with all the attack sprites ripped but I can't get him as he is transforming since the screen flashes colors I can't get the right palette.If there is a way to do this could you tell me which program to use.  
Thanked by:
I checked it out and you can use VSNES for it. You just need to make a savestate for each frame and and rip them from there, the flashing isn't part of the palette so each frame will have it's original palette instead of the flashing one.
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
Thanked by:
Check out my tutorial if you need help with Vsnes.
[Image: w5xqva2wqod7ni6zg.jpg]
Thanked by:
Thanks but this program is too complicated to figure out. 
Thanked by:
It's daunting at first, but if you can wrap your head around it and teach yourself, you can accomplish GREAT ripping feats.
Thanked by: Shade
Just use zsnes and make a quicksave.

Then open vSNES and open the zsnes quicksave with it.

Upper taskbar - click on the Mowgli symbol. You are now in the scene viewer. Click on "layer" and "sprites". If neccessary, also change the BG mode (same window).

You should now see the desired sprites without the flashing palette. You can simple save the picture through the discette symbol as PNG.

Btw, you can also delete single sprites if they overlap each other (same window). For example fireballs which overlap the character. Or you can disassemble a giant boss which is consisted of several parts. Or deleting an object which the main hero holds if its in the way. Just try around.

Extra stuff:
- The upper taskbar has also the palviewer and memviewer (left to the scene viewer).
- They give you data and colours from the stuff (tiles, sprites) which is currently on the screen when you made the quicksave.
- You need to open both. Click on one of the rows in the palviewer to give the tiles/sprites in the memviewer a proper palette. One palette always fits.
- Try to play around with VRAM, WRAM, decoders and window size. Maybe you find something cool. For example, I was able to get full access to Ark's tiles from Terranigma (WRAM only, VRAM just has the smaller stuff). I guess this was also the same way the Link tiles (A Link to the Past) came together. The window size is important for how well the tiles get assembled. Decoders itself show you different sections and have therefore different sprites/tiles. Not every decoder (1-Bit, 2-Bit, etc.) has something to offer, so you have to play around a little bit.
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
I still can't figure it out. I'm still new to this so I'll stick with ripping the Genesis one since there are no flashing effects on the Transformation.
Thanked by:
How about this: You make the zsnes quicksaves, send it to me and I extract the sprites with vSNES.
[Image: dariC.png][Image: tumblr_mlf109xOe81rmu6i5o1_250.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif]
Thanked by:
I already went and got all of the relevant frames. So they just need to be arranged on your sheet.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mpim4z2cq7apw7...s.zip?dl=0
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
Thanked by: helgasboy
(04-10-2015, 08:08 PM)Deathbringer Wrote: I already went and got all of the relevant frames. So they just need to be arranged on your sheet.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mpim4z2cq7apw7...s.zip?dl=0

I submitted my sprite sheet and gave you credit for ripping the transformation sprites Thanks again!
Thanked by: