Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Do you know formats .pliv & .pmod?
Does anyone know which program .pliv and .pmod files are associated with and any format info?

Pmod contains the string "PMM" and holds mesh data.
Pliv contains the string "PLM" and contains joints data and I suspect animation data.
Thanked by:
I already figured out most of the pmod enabling me to extract geometry. What I need help with is the bones/joints and animation data which I suspect to be inside pliv.

.zip   witch_hr.zip (Size: 153.67 KB / Downloads: 148)

In this attachment there's pliv portion of the file and I added the mesh it should fit with in Collada format. The joints are scrambled but the vertex weights are included. If you can, try to figure out a way to extract a skeleton from the pliv file that fits this mesh.

Now here're my findings. It's little endian. "U-" stands for "unknown". And you may need to divide some values by 1024 for the scale to match with the mesh.

4 Bytes > "PLM$" String
2 Bytes > U-Size value
20 Bytes > U-Data-A
7*U-Size Bytes > U-Data-B
1 Byte > Joint-Count value (in this example 0x4D)
32 Bytes > U-Data-C
39*Joint-Count > Joint-Data

So each joint has 39 bytes, the first 3 bytes I think usually goes like 0xff, joint-id, parent-joint-id. Then I suspect comes the animation data. First joint's ID is 0x00 while last is 0x4C.

U-Data-C might actually be the first joint's data but if you check the last joint's data, I think it is something separate. Check it with hex editor and you should be able to see what I'm talking about. It might be the armature's data.
Thanked by: