Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Cyberguy's Bucket O' Pixels.
So, This is gonna be your average sprite dump thread. Comments and criticism are more then welcome. They're craved.

I've been doing a LOT of spriting recently, so I figured I'd organize them for easy access.

Thanked by: E-Man, Kelvin
No way! You're gonna start posting here too? Neat!

Hmm...That I know of, your Mario animations are the newest ones, so I'll focus on those for a bit. Overall, I think your colors could use a bit more contrast. You've got the right idea with your whites and yellows, but your reds could have some slightly darker shades. You might also want to watch using black as a shading color, like you did with your Goomba, because it can make sprites look a little dirty. One exception to this is when you're working with NES restrictions, in which case it's pretty much necessary to shade like that.

I think some walking animations could look a little better, too. You've got the right idea with Draco and your smaller characters, but it looks like Bowser is shuffling. Why not look at some footage of him from the Smash Bros games to see how the modelers pulled off his walk cycle? He's got a wide figure and short legs so I can imagine he would be awkward to animate.
Thanked by: E-Man, Cyberguy64
I was trying to get Bowser to move like he does in M&L:BiS. I think it'd probably look better in motion, but it couldn't hurt to take a look at some other animations and / get a different feel for his movement.

At any rate, here's a fearsome foursome:
[Image: plumber____quartet_by_cyberguy64-d8mv7ea.gif] 
I replaced most of the black shading with desaturated colors, with only a little bit left on the really dark colors, or in really shadowed or or detailed places, like under Wario's butt or on the knuckles of their gloves.
Thanked by:
These are really fun. There's a lot of detail in such a small area. Larry and Bowser, especially, look great.
My biggest complaint would be that Mario and Luigi look like they're sulking a bit because they have no shoulders. Great stuff!
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: Cyberguy64
PunchpunchpunchpunchpunchPUNCH!
[Image: clowning_around_by_cyberguy64-d8n1csj.gif]

Huh... Deja Vu.
Thanked by: E-Man, SmithyGCN
My hopefuls for Smash 4 DLC.
[Image: smash_hopefuls_by_cyberguy64-d8p88uz.gif]
Thanked by: recme, E-Man
Shovel Knight looks fantastic. K. Rool's face is a bit odd, and Banjo could use a one pixel extension on his snout. Awesome so far though.

Do you plan to expand the Koopaling sheet?
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
K. Rool certainly is odd. That's why we love him!

In all seriousness, good call. I've tweaked everyone's heads in some manner. K. Rool's face has been touched up. Banjo got a nose job. Shovel Knight's horns are fixed, and Quote's eyes have been tweaked a tad.
[Image: smash_hopefuls_by_cyberguy64-d8p88uz.gif]

I dunno if I'm gonna finish Larry. None of the other animations feel worth the effort, and I can't think of anything it could be used for off the top of my head. Animation is really time consuming, and I don't like doing it just for its own sake.
Thanked by: Ton
A plague upon thee!
[Image: a_plague_upon_thee__by_cyberguy64-d8pmsal.gif]
Thanked by: E-Man, DragonDePlatino, Ton
Do I really want to sprite the entire order of no quarter like this...? I'd have to be crazy! Oh, wait....
[Image: the_dark_and_stormy_knight_by_cyberguy64-d8pq7rl.gif]
Thanked by: DragonDePlatino
The legs seem too high up. From what I remember(i may be wrong), Spectre night is rather slender and longer. By having the leg/leg armor he has a somewhat bulky appearance.
Thanked by:
(04-14-2015, 10:52 PM)Marth Wrote: The legs seem too high up. From what I remember(i may be wrong), Spectre night is rather slender and longer. By having the leg/leg armor he has a somewhat bulky appearance.

The bulk is an illusion of his robes and the fact he floats in a semi-sitting posture. He looks similarly bulky in Shovel Knight until you beat him and knock his robes off to reveal what a twig he is underneath.
Thanked by:
[Image: banjo_kazooie_flutter_by_cyberguy64-d8prjd0.gif]
Banjo-Kazooie. SNES game. That's all.
Thanked by:
There needs to be a stronger bend before Banjo is about to jump. Try having the whole body bend down a little more.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
animation tip: be bold and redraw frames instead of editing existing ones for that animation.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: E-Man, Cyberguy64, Virt