Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Rogue Squadron II Sound Effects
Exclamation 
I may have found someone with the knowledge of reverse-engineering the sound effects format of Rogue Squadron II on the Gamecube, but they're exceptionally lazy and aren't going to finish the project. I need some help.

The only information I have is another user's word from the Dolphin emulator forums. He said that the audio is stored in plain ADPCM encoding, and the only
unknown is the location of each sound effect, and where the decoding parameters are stored.

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-sf...res?page=7 Here's the link to the forum page in question for more information. He gives a couple audio log files that are used for reverse-engineering. jimbo1qaz is our mystery man who knows how to reverse-engineer these formats, but is too generally disinterested.

Is it possible I could have some help with this? I seriously want to rip the sounds from Rogue Squadron II. Once I can do that, I can die a happy man...
If it's Star Wars, I gotcha covered! Wink
Thanked by:
Sad 
Help...? 

(bump)
Thanked by:
Another week gone by...
(bump)
Thanked by:
Nearly two months since last post. Food supply critically low.
Survival not anticipated.
Thanked by:
The deed is done! Rogue Squadron II and III have been broken! Their sounds are now being uploaded to the resource, so...
Thank you to everyone who maybe had an inkling of a thought to help me.
Thanked by: