Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Budget Bins and Collection Crap
For those who aren't sure whether or not the budget game they saw is worth it or not, here's a nice discussion topic.

Recently I saw Halo: Combat Evolved for about €15, which is about $15 (a little bit more though) in the budget bin. I was wondering if I should have bought it or not, or if it was even worth the money at all. Mind you, I have no XBox, nor am I planning on buying one, but I also don't want to pirate the Master Chief.

Also, there was a LEGO games collection thingy, which bundled games like LEGO Creator (already have that), LEGO Adventures, and some other LEGO games, a total of about six or eight. I'm not sure if it was the right thing to leave it in the shelves.

Last, I was thinking of buying any Rollercoaster Tycoon game, either RCT2 or RCT3. Both are in a collection pack. Of course, RCT3 is in 3D, but is still highly inferior to RCT2 in my opinion. Should I buy either, or should I keep it at pirated crap?
Thanked by:
I recently bought some of the first ever RPG-ish games for PS2 which me and my sister played all the time as kids. We'll probably never get rid of them this time around since we bought them for... like $5-$8 each. XD

Dark Cloud 2 still isn't here yet, damn it! >__<

I say if you can afford it and want it, buy it.
Thanked by:
A shame. Dark Cloud 2 / Dark Chronicle is a good game.
Thanked by:
I've gotten tons and tons of fantastic games in the budget bin, and a number of stinkers.

Good-
Golden Sun (4$ Gamestop)
The first two Pheonix Wrights (17$(first) and 12$(second) Both Circuit City)
Sonic Rush(19$ Gamestop)
Advance Wars DS(19$ Gamestop)
Metroid Prime (5$!!! Mispriced at K-Mart Smile )
Kirby Canvas Curse(15$ I don't honestly remember)
Pikmin 2 (14$ local game store)

Bad-
Worms for the GBA (15$ Local game store)
Capcom v SNK Cardfighters DS (2$ lulz, Sears very VERY bargain games)

My brother has found Starfox Command, Wario Master of Disguise, Yoshi's Island DS and various higher end GBA games for well under 20$, the lucky little guy. >_>

After Christmas at none-game stores is where my family cleans house. Walmart, Circuit City, Sears, FYE, etc are fantastic places with really amazing bargain bins, usually through the whole year, but you get real lucky after Christmas.
Thanked by:
I just nabbed One Piece Grand Battle: Swan Colosseum for about $25 with shipping - which is not terrible, because I had seen it go for approximately $40 before shipping, a couple of weeks ago.

My kingdom for a copy of Ring Infinity!
How would you like to play as a god? Steeltoe Productions is working on a revolutionary new mythology-based fighting game and needs YOUR help to get it going! Go to http://www.playgodnow.com/ to contribute!
Thanked by: