Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ib Rips
Hey guys I've been doing a lot of sprite ripping for the Indie Horror game called Ib. The game's data is very heavily encrypted, but I managed to find a way to crack the encryption and rip the sprites out from the game. At first I only nabbed the character sprites, but I've been trying to get the rest as well. Here's what I've got so far!

http://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/ib/

I want to do more areas, but which area should I do next? Any tips for organizing my sheets? Let me know!

Also, for those of you who don't know what Ib is, it's a retro style horror game developed by Kouri that takes place in a sort of haunted art gallery. Paintings and statues come to life and chase you as you play as the 9 year old Ib.
Thanked by:
First of all I'd like to remark on the coincidentally close your green background is to the one I use, yours is #029c00 while I use #00ae00 Tongue

Anyway, your sheets look pretty good, I can't really see much to change. If there was something legitimately wrong with them then they wouldn't have been accepted.

The only thing I'd like to suggest is restricting icons to things that are actually in the sheet. I don't think it's a strict requirement, but I like to try do that with my own icons so that I don't accidentally mislead people in terms of the contents of the sheet. For example with the "Gallery People" sheet I would have it just be made up of a couple of the sprites of gallery people. I mean I guess it's fairly intuitive from the name that the sheet only include the character sprites, but the icon could still make people think that it also includes the actual building sprites/tiles shown in the icon.

It's not a huge thing though, so if you can't be bothered to change it that's fine. Otherwise they look great! Unfortunately I don't play Ib so I can't suggest anything about which areas to rip next, sorry!

(By the way, just out of pure interest, could you maybe post some details about the decryption? As I said I don't even play this but I'm just a huge nerd for game hacking Tongue)
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
(03-07-2015, 04:26 AM)puggsoy Wrote: First of all I'd like to remark on the coincidentally close your green background is to the one I use, yours is #029c00 while I use #00ae00 Tongue

Anyway, your sheets look pretty good, I can't really see much to change. If there was something legitimately wrong with them then they wouldn't have been accepted.

The only thing I'd like to suggest is restricting icons to things that are actually in the sheet. I don't think it's a strict requirement, but I like to try do that with my own icons so that I don't accidentally mislead people in terms of the contents of the sheet. For example with the "Gallery People" sheet I would have it just be made up of a couple of the sprites of gallery people. I mean I guess it's fairly intuitive from the name that the sheet only include the character sprites, but the icon could still make people think that it also includes the actual building sprites/tiles shown in the icon.

It's not a huge thing though, so if you can't be bothered to change it that's fine. Otherwise they look great! Unfortunately I don't play Ib so I can't suggest anything about which areas to rip next, sorry!

(By the way, just out of pure interest, could you maybe post some details about the decryption? As I said I don't even play this but I'm just a huge nerd for game hacking Tongue)

Oh, I just happen to use a standard green in Paint.NET
I originally did use #008000 until the palette reset to default.

And I did realize that myself, but for the Green and Red area, it felt really empty without a character in the shot. The rest of them only have things from the actual areas.

And sure! I'll try to provide some sort of description when I can think of a good one >.<
Thanked by: puggsoy