Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sega 32X errors with Gmod
Hello all,
I've been using Gens KMod v2.12 for a while now but have run into an issue with 32X. Whenever I try and load 32x games I receive the error "Your 32X bios files aren't correctly configured: Genesis 32X bios not found.". I have absolutely zero clue what this means in any way. When I click Help it says my help files are not setup. 

I've been at a loss for several months, but I'm determined to get it working as there are plenty of 32X games not covered on the resource yet.

It's undoubtedly a simple fix but I just can't find the documentation to detail how.

Thanks in advance...
Thanked by:
BIOS are basically files that some emulators require to emulate specific systems properly. Some emulators are distributed with BIOS already but most aren't (I think it has something to do with copyright or whatever), so you'll have to download them yourself.

Since I don't think I'm allowed to link to it directly, Google "gens bios 32x". The Emuparadise link that comes up as a first result is the one you want, download the file linked to there. This contains not only 32x BIOS, but also those for Sega CD (and Genesis, I think some games might require it?).

Extract these to your Gens folder and then run Gens. Go to Option -> Bios/Misc Files. Under the "Configure 32X bios files" section, you can select the BIOS. For M68000 choose 32X_G_BIOS.BIN, for Master SH2 choose 32X_M_BIOS.BIN and for Slave SH2 choose 32X_G_BIOS.BIN.

That should do it. You can also configure the BIOS for Genesis and Sega CD if you want (since you have them anyway), the names are more straightforward so hopefully you shouldn't need help with those.

By the way this is how it's done with any version of Gens, not just KMod.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Silversea, Ton
(03-04-2015, 02:38 AM)puggsoy Wrote: BIOS are basically files that some emulators require to emulate specific systems properly. Some emulators are distributed with BIOS already but most aren't (I think it has something to do with copyright or whatever), so you'll have to download them yourself. Since I don't think I'm allowed to link to it directly, Google "gens bios 32x". The Emuparadise link that comes up as a first result is the one you want, download the file linked to there. This contains not only 32x BIOS, but also those for Sega CD (and Genesis, I think some games might require it?). Extract these to your Gens folder and then run Gens. Go to Option -> Bios/Misc Files. Under the "Configure 32X bios files" section, you can select the BIOS. For M68000 choose 32X_G_BIOS.BIN, for Master SH2 choose 32X_M_BIOS.BIN and for Slave SH2 choose 32X_G_BIOS.BIN. That should do it. You can also configure the BIOS for Genesis and Sega CD if you want (since you have them anyway), the names are more straightforward so hopefully you shouldn't need help with those. By the way this is how it's done with any version of Gens, not just KMod.

Riiight that makes sense. Thanks for that. 
Thanked by: Ton, puggsoy