Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Key's Thread for Showing Off My Art Things
Music 
Hi this is my thread for posting my art things. I'm trying very hard to get better, it's always been my life dream to get good at art but as a child I didn't take it as seriously as I'd like myself to. I draw every single day now.

I drew myself in everyone's favorite meme dress. I couldn't resist hehe pls don't turn this thread into a debate over it

[Image: tumblr_nkgda4Dabf1qjbn5vo1_500.png][Image: tumblr_nkaux1m6et1qjbn5vo1_540.png]

I will update this thread as I make more things whether it be silly doodles or full images. If you want, feel free to destroy me with critique. That's the only way I'll get better other than lots of practice. I try to draw 1 or 2 things every day, at least a doodle, that way I will stay motivated. 

I also sketched this today. Specifically based off of ZUN's style, the artist of the main Touhou games. The character itself is based off a Mexican Folklore God called Quetzalcoatl. I might do more of these if I can find really cool folklore gods. If anyone has any suggestions for interestingly-designed folklore gods, do suggest them here and I'll probably turn it into a Touhou-like girl or something. 

There will probably be a lot of Touhou pictures so expect potentially confusing artwork if you don't know anything about Touhou??
[Image: tumblr_nkin56TXL31qjbn5vo1_r1_540.png]

Tablet practice. I really needed to learn how to control my pen pressure in order to get anything that wasn't ridiculously cartoony.
[Image: tumblr_nklqrr3jqU1qjbn5vo1_1280.png]

http://ikeychain.tumblr.com/post/1125382...little-bit

Quote:Captain Murasa, reporting for duty!

A little bit more background practice. I learned how to make water and clouds!!! I think they came out okay!! Also modified the saturation a bit in order to get a more unified palette.

I’m really happy with this one. I did the background entirely in one sitting and I took about 2 days working on Murasa herself. I am getting better, I can feel it and I’m so happy.
For the sake of C+C, her face leans a bit too much to the left. Leans is kinda an innacurate word. umm... slanted? You're improving well though. Keep going!

edit: yeah I see that the breasts are kinda low for proper female anatomy along with some other pretty minor flaws. Try practicing this stuff:

http://www.howtodrawmanga.com/pages/tutorials

I know this is about how to draw manga style but I found the tuts on anatomy REAL helpful for me. Smile
[Image: tumblr_mzx6bm02eC1s38z45o1_500.gif]
Anonymous Wrote:...the world is so much simpler if you just dont give a FUCK...
Thanked by: Keychain, psychospacecow
[Image: me_as_a_witch_by_ikeychain-d8k8d6v.png]

Here's a thing I made just for fun while I was watching various FnaF3 streams today
Thanked by: ~Axis~, psychospacecow
Alright so there are 2 problems that stick out. The one that is most noticeable is with the legs. It looks like the pelvis is detached from the body because the legs are too low. The left thigh is much longer than the lower leg.

The second problem is with the hair and its less noticable. The strands of hair dont properly hang over the shoulder, it looks like it's hust sitting there as is while the bangs... er... strands are supposed to seperate and hang kinda level. It should follow the flow of the body while laying next to the other strand instead of on top.

To fix the anatomy problem, i recall Gors mentioning that you should draw the character naked first then add clothing on top. I drew a quick doodle of how to do that.

Im not sure if you can see the light sketch underneath but I drew her body first to make sure I got the porportions right then I drew the clothing on top. After that I traced over the the lines necessary so it can be seen clearly. I didnt finish it but you get the point right? I hope I'm making myself clear.
Thanked by: E-Man
I tend to not really do the "draw character naked and add clothing on top" whenever I'm just trying to do a quick doodle or something that I'm doing entirely for fun. There are points in time where I'm drawing to improve and there are times where I'm doing it solely to just enjoy myself. But yeah I got your point at the very beginning!! I do that when I'm drawing to improve. :0

You are right about that strain of hair, I was actually trying to give it a bit of a wind effect but I didn't do it to the other one so I realized how silly that was now haha
Thanked by: ~Axis~
whoopsie! Sorry bout that! I usually cant tell the difference since I tend to always draw like that! Hehe. Shy
Thanked by: Keychain
(03-03-2015, 04:07 AM)Keychain Wrote: I tend to not really do the "draw character naked and add clothing on top" whenever I'm just trying to do a quick doodle or something that I'm doing entirely for fun. There are points in time where I'm drawing to improve and there are times where I'm doing it solely to just enjoy myself. But yeah I got your point at the very beginning!! I do that when I'm drawing to improve. :0

You are right about that strain of hair, I was actually trying to give it a bit of a wind effect but I didn't do it to the other one so I realized how silly that was now haha

I think I mentioned something along these lines the other day.

If you look closely, you'll see circles around the joints in the drawing BlueBlur posted. it's not literally "draw them naked" as much as it's "use the 'figure' to determine where anatomical placement goes", with the result kind of like posing a Revoltech figurine so it's in a cool position when you display it.
Though now that I look at it, yeah - I see what BlueBlur's saying. The legs look detached from the character's midsection. :/

ngl, though Murasa looks pretty dope - my only crit is that the creases in her clothing seem kinda randomly placed. But I notice there's a lot more attention paid to anatomy in that image, and it shows! Keep it up \o/
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Truth be told I was kinda trying to go for a "falling backwards" thing, that's why her legs are so far forward, and the front of her dress is flowing forwards/upwards. But I didn't add enough bending to her torso for that to be believable.
Thanked by:
[Image: tumblr_nkvmeajxON1qjbn5vo1_540.png]

Lineart of Aki Minoriko
Thanked by: Garamonde
[Image: m88ajep.png]

Yamame Kurodani lineart
Thanked by:
Your anatomy is improving (especially the hands)! I also like how you did the eyes on Yamame. The main thing that sticks out to me is her feet; it appears as though she is standing on one foot with the other. Tongue In this instance, it could be shifted and pointed more to the side (and also more "grounded"):

Now keep in mind this isn't perfect either but I know that getting feet into the proper perspective can be tough so I hope this helps~

Keep up the good work!
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Actually, as we already discussed, it is intentional, as all Touhous can fly. She's a spider youkai and I hope to add some spider webby stuff in the background too. I'll try a shadow or something in the future to help indicate that. But I don't think it'll be there in the final picture.
Thanked by:
(03-08-2015, 11:57 PM)Keychain Wrote: Actually, as we already discussed, it is intentional, as all Touhous can fly. She's a spider youkai and I hope to add some spider webby stuff in the background too. I'll try a shadow or something in the future to help indicate that. But I don't think it'll be there in the final picture.

Yyyeah I get that but what I think MJ was suggesting was the character is off-balance.... I'm not sure if being a spider shrine-maiden would really help her in this case.
I'll use this picture as it's a little easier to point it out as opposed to trying to explain it. Also, if there's a better artist here, they could probably explain it better and show where the center should be (because I feel like mine's definitely not right)

[Image: ars9OUj.png]

Yours is red.
Due to the slant in her torso, it appears as if she's leaning backwards while her legs seem to just dangle straight downward. :/
The blue one is if it were straight downward (which...doesn't look right to me for some reason, why can't I figure out half the things I'm doing this morning)

Props though for keeping her hips the same size as her shoulders ( ' -')b
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!