Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sprite Competition 2015: #1 - Super Smash Bros. Newcomers!
Star 
With Ton's blessing, I am starting this Sprite Competition!

Super Smash Bros. Newcomers!

The challenge is to make sprites of one of the characters that is new to the 3DS and WiiU versions of Smash Bros.

Character choices include:
Rosalina, Bowser Jr, Greninja, Robin, Lucina, Palutena, Dark Pit, Little Mac, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Shulk, Megaman, Pac-Man, Duck Hunt

SSB sprites have a long and proud history in the spriting community. Partly for this reason I am going to go out on a limb and say edits are permitted, but they better be really good, or people are going to shout at you! Tongue

Here's some inspiration to get your creative juices flowing:
[Image: ssba_xander.jpg]

The timeframe is just over a month. Last Day to post your sprites is March 29th, and then voting will commence.

Lots of poses and great animations will definitely help your chances of winning!

Cool
Oh my god, that banner.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: [robo9]
(02-25-2015, 11:04 AM)Ton Wrote: Oh my god, that banner.
You know how we do. Wink
Thanked by: Ton
Holy fuck, those were the days...

Anyway, count me in for sure man

[Image: 2014-11-19_1823.png]
Yeah, I'm in. Sounds fun.
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

put me in this shit
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Ton, Rosencrantz
I'm not sure if I'll have the time to devote myself to something like a sprite sheet, but I'll enjoy seeing whatever you guys cook up for this competition.

Anyway, seeing these sprites takes me back to when I used to browse this place all the time to make sprite comics. It makes me feel like this site is on the right track of reclaiming its original glory! Big Grin
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
(Also, we totally forgot about Duck Hunt Dog)
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: Xander
(02-25-2015, 11:32 AM)Ton Wrote: (Also, we totally forgot about Duck Hunt Dog)

Added!
Thanked by:
Hey, afterwards we should totally submit all the sheets onto the main website. I think all the new, quality sheets everybody makes will do the site greatly.

[Image: 2014-11-19_1823.png]
Thanked by: E-Man, ~Axis~, Shade, Ton, Virt, recme
I don't necessarily plan to do him, but I feel Alph should be acceptable. Tongue
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

I'm definitely participating in this competition.
Thanked by:
(02-25-2015, 02:25 PM)Shade Wrote: I don't necessarily plan to do him, but I feel Alph should be acceptable. Tongue

Yea, do alt. costumes count? We should be able to do the Koopalings as well if we want.

But uhh, do our entries have to be entire sprite sheets? I was under the impression that we'd just be making a single really good sprite or something like that, and I also don't think that many people here could make a sheet in a month anyway (due to time and other such things, for me it'd be that and skill)... Sick
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
Well, I'm already spriting Megaman with the new details added by SSB4. Though I suppose a sprite that started before the competition doesn't count, so I'll have to pick someone else. I just don't know who, cuz Megaman is my favorite!
Thanked by:
I'm in, I'll see what I can whup up.
[Image: JSW7XoM.png][Image: M9AUckK.png]
Thanked by: