Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Castlevania Redux
Castlevania Redux (WIP Title) is a project of mine that started as a completely different game. 
The goal of this project is to remake the NES Castlevania in a Dracula X gameplay style. However, aesthetically the game is faux 8-bit. Faux meaning I'm not following memory limitations, but only using the NES pallette and bitcrushed sound samples. This is one of the first projects where I've had everything organized and logged. I'm rendering a new Alpha (I started with 0) at the end of every development session.

Screenshots (Alpha 2):
The game will have updated versions of the original 6 stages (1,2,3,4,5, & 7) , plus 3 alternate stages (2', 3', & 4') and 2 new stages. (6 & 8) The alternate stages will be accessed similarly to RoB, meaning that you will have to take a hidden path to access a different boss, and ultimately access the alternate path. You must continue to exlpore to stay on the alternate path; if you find yourself fighting one of the original bosses, you're back on the main path. A new character that plays Maria's role (Fast & overpowered, made for explorers & people who find Simon too hard to use) is in her conceptual stages. Several new enemies will be added, and old ones will be expanded upon or completely re-interpreted. 

Videos (Alpha 1):
Video (Alpha 2):
All comments/criticism/suggestions/ideas welcome! If I use an idea of yours, you'll be featured in the credits. After the game is out of Alpha stages, I will release most major Betas publicly. If you contribute to the debugging process, you'll also be featured in the credits. Should I get bored/abandon this project, I will release the source code. (I've finally gotten over that stinginess. On that note, if you see something you don't know how to do in Game Maker, feel free to ask.) Thanks for reading!
Thanked by: Lexou Duck, Rosencrantz
oh boy oh boy

i love me some NES castlevania
see i had this project at one point to demake rondo of blood into NES limitations
so yeah i guess you can use this stuff if you want (please credit me)
it's basically enemies of rondo in NES format (and i do say rondo, these are the guys in the first levels of rondo and not dracula X)
[Image: ILuSFES.png]
and yeah i programmed a boss fight in python for a class project so you can see what i had in mind
[Image: amiNEFJ.gif]

so yeeah idk i hope i inspired you kinda
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by: puggsoy, ronny14, Shade, Kosheh
Wow, those are gorgeous! I'll definately be making use of those.
(02-25-2015, 10:58 AM)Lexou Duck Wrote: (and i do say rondo, these are the guys in the first levels of rondo and not dracula X)
I refer to rondo when I say Dracula X most of the time. I know I shouldn't but it's become a habit. Tongue
Thanked by:
(02-25-2015, 10:58 AM)Lexou Duck Wrote: oh boy oh boy

i love me some NES castlevania
see i had this project at one point to demake rondo of blood into NES limitations
so yeah i guess you can use this stuff if you want (please credit me)
it's basically enemies of rondo in NES format (and i do say rondo, these are the guys in the first levels of rondo and not dracula X)
[Image: ILuSFES.png]
and yeah i programmed a boss fight in python for a class project so you can see what i had in mind
[Image: amiNEFJ.gif]

so yeeah idk i hope i inspired you kinda
Credit me too, bitch /jk
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by: Lexou Duck
i also worked on some of the sprites and mainly NES richter who isn't here
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Lexou Duck
yes yes sorry guys Heart
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by: