Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
the future of metal slug
metal slug the game to beat for 2d shoot em ups it was great in the arcade but does it have a future. personslly i think it can  work since  portable machenes are now much more powerful at least equal  to or more powerful then the machenes they were origanal meant for. so long as they try to keep that fun up beat arcade spiret (which i think wasent there in metal slug ds) i believe it can continue.

i would really like to hear what you would like to see in a continuation of  the metal slug series my hope is they phase out mordan and his rebels in favor of the return of  the Ptolemaic army or the Amadeus syndicate
Thanked by:
I'm not sure there's much demand for the series to return, the last game was a Tower defense game that just re-used graphics. Seems to me SNK doesn't really care about the series much either now.
[Image: JSW7XoM.png][Image: M9AUckK.png]
Thanked by:
Mercenary Kings? I don't know. I don't see another Metal Slug any time soon.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by: Random Talking Bush
SNK's future isn't clear at the moment, let alone their specific properties...
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
Metal Slug 3 was rebooted for PC, Mac, Linux and Android recently, and apparently it's been announced for PS3, 4 and Vita.
But as for new games, no idea. I would love to see something new but in my opinion it would need to keep the same gameplay style, just with new weapons and enemies. New graphics wouldn't be a bad thing, but I'd want it to be in a similar style with the same amount of amazingness, maybe just higher definition.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: psychospacecow
Metal Slug 6, 7 and XX were awful. The series just needs a perfect collection port and call it a day (with the option to turn the stupid slide off on Metal Slug 5 and remove character abilities on 6, 7 and XX - Tarma's Vulcan Cannon Expert ability should be just default controls, not an ability).

There hasn't been a great one since 3, and the graphics are nice enough that a HD remaster would never capture the same charm.

As soon as Metal Slug 3 and X are on the PS3/PS4 I'll be happy enough to see the series off.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by: Paladin
(02-24-2015, 06:46 AM)Goemar Wrote: As soon as Metal Slug 3 and X are on the PS3/PS4 I'll be happy enough to see the series off.

They're both on Steam. You could see them both off today if you wanted to. B)

...unless that's half why you're holding off - if they're going to like, port it or something.
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:
Don't really have a PC connected to my TV, and consoles are just better for pick up and play situations.

Planning on getting a windows 8.1 tablet and just using it as an emulation system (with my awesome giant arcade stick) but, well still want a console port because I'm odd.

If Metal Slug does vanish I hope some form pr art book thing comes out before it does, hell I spend a lot of money on Metal Slug related shizz (my £300 SV-001 was posted today for example...)

Edit: Release date/sale - Metal Slug 3 (PS4, PS3, Vita) March 24, 2015 ($13.49/$14.99)
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by: