Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mega Man Xtreme Edits (yeah, edits)
[Image: shot.png]

Style for a MMX fan-game I'm currently planning. I personally want to try to shade it so it looks it could fit a Genesis environment. Specifically, Wily Wars style shading, but MMX Ex style sprites. However, are isn't my strong suit, so, yeah. So any help is greatly appreciated.
[Image: BadassSigcopy.png]
Thanked by:
Actually, Wily Wars didn't have the best shading. Most of the small characters were borderline pillow shaded, and some of the others looked more like glass than metal; of course, not in all cases. I actually think this does a better job of conveying depth, given that it's such a small sprite, though the colors could be a bit more saturated. As it is now, it looks kind of washed out. Still, a good start; hope to see this one continue.
Thanked by:
Thanks. I took the colors from the official sprite. I wanted to also try MMX style shading. Should I try darker colors?
Thanked by:
Yeah, darker would probably help.
Thanked by:
[Image: it_darkwe.png]

How's this?
Thanked by:
Oooh, I like the muted colours, nice.

Personally, I like edits a lot, ignore the haters! Wink
Thanked by:
I think the problem with sprite edits the crappy ones over taking the decent or good ones.
Thanked by: Neweegee
The dark colors help, but I gave it a shot with the MMX palette, just to see how it works.
[Image: LfXbgwW.png]
What do you think? I noticed the SNES version uses a little depth shading, so I added that and gave it a similar reflective look. It probably needs some tweaking to work at this size, and sadly, it only uses two shades of gray, so the darker parts look flat. You could add a third shade; that's what I would do, but for this, I stuck strictly with the palette to test it out. Hope this helps.
Thanked by: Neweegee, Ton
Oh, I like that. It's gonna be a pain when doing x, zero and a 3rd plan (hint: Midi's thread title below this one Tongue)
Thanked by:
Ummmm.... OH! You're spriting Dust, too?
Thanked by:
It was actually Iris. I found and old complete-ish of an Extreme styled Iris. It was made by somone named thelegendaryhuggles. I have no idea if he's still active, but gona try to get permission first.
Thanked by:
I was mostly joking about the Dust, since you mentioned my thread. Come to think of it... how was that a hint? I'm not spriting Iris. :/
Thanked by:
"What am I spriting FOOR!?" was the hint. :V

Oh, it appears I thought Neweegee's thread for yours.
Thanked by:
XD I see now.
Thanked by:
I tinkered around ab it. Which do you like? (from left to right) A, B or C?
[Image: doshi.png]

The Iris sprite is by thelegendaryhuggbees
Thanked by: