Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Psp ripping, Star Ocean Second Evolution
So, im currently doing a playthrough of SO2 on psp and i noticed that the emulator has a GE debugger function, 
however, if the sprite you want to get is larger than the output window, its scaled down... and their dont seem to be any way to export them. Here 2 examples:
[Image: wip6q7wnir8qrpozg.jpg]
Its really weird they made that whole debugging screen without having a way to properly display those sprites... Small sprites works but yeah...
Also, ive tried to decompress the iso and everything seem to be in a 1 gig .bin file, which i cant open/decompress.
So, anyone know easy ways to rip from the psp?
[Image: w5xqva2wqod7ni6zg.jpg]
Thanked by:
I'd need to check out that .bin file to really get a better understanding really. It's possible that it's not a compressed bin, and the graphics are stored in a .gim format - have you tried using a GIM extracting application? Gitmo or Texturipper, for example. If you want me to take a look, I can Smile
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: daemoth
(02-15-2015, 01:18 PM)Dazz Wrote: I'd need to check out that .bin file to really get a better understanding really. It's possible that it's not a compressed bin, and the graphics are stored in a .gim format - have you tried using a GIM extracting application? Gitmo or Texturipper, for example. If you want me to take a look, I can Smile

Thx for your answer, unfortunately, I cant really upload it, its 1 gig :/ Ive tried using Gitmo, and it was able to extract some of the mug shot, but most of them are cut on the right side.
[Image: 9858qvmd6uwyubuzg.jpg]
[Image: w6snd6sbx73a4xpzg.jpg]
Thanked by:
You could use GlINtercept to rip from the PSP, follow the GlIntercept Part from this tutorial I've tested with a few games and Wink it works!

http://spritedatabase.net/tutorial_ds.php
Thanked by: daemoth
(02-16-2015, 09:41 AM)MadkaT Wrote: You could use GlINtercept to rip from the PSP, follow the GlIntercept Part from this tutorial I've tested with a few games and Wink it works!

http://spritedatabase.net/tutorial_ds.php

Hmm, very interesting, ill try it this afternoon. Thanks.
Edit: It works but it make the game run at 4fps and during 40 seconds, it made over 500 meg of pictures :/ Is there a way to toggle it on and off?
Edit2: I reread the tutorial and im supposed to toggle on and off an option to OpenGl? i cant seem to find the same thing in ppsspp...
Edit3: Alrighty, found the the on/off in gliConfig set the option LogPerFrame to Enabled = true and then you can press Ctrl+Shift+F to activate it for a single frame, way easier like this Tongue
Also, i noticed that the mugshots have transparencies, so its impossible to get them in game. And yeah, the cut at the right of the picture is... genuine? GlINtercept gives me the same thing.
Thanked by: