Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
megaman zero's possibility of contiuation
doees anyone  remember this installment to the megaman saga  staring zero it was quite awesome with challenging game play and great boss some of which having to be toned back to fit into the  gba cartridge. well anyway it occures to me that in its sequel megaman zx  they never said zero died on board Ragnarok. now i know what alot of you are gonna say "but we have bio metal z in zx so he must have died" well although  zero did die at some point prior to the zx plot it wasent necessarily due to ragnarok. you see neither the gaurdians x or axl died on ragnarock  there bio metals were produced later based on model w. so it is possible zero survived and was later simply transformed into a bio metal at a later poiint.

given this fact i think it may be possible that we may see megaman zero  5 someday after all they did produce 2 new  installments of the classic megaman so why not zero.
Thanked by:
I think I can sum up the possibility of a new MMZ game rather ironically,

Zero
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
It did continue, it's called Mega Man ZX.

If any Mega Man game happens that is not Xover, that would mean Capcom cares. They don't.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

(02-07-2015, 03:14 PM)TomGuycott Wrote: It did continue, it's called Mega Man ZX.

Also Zero died in the end.

no its implied and not confirmed in zx at all he just died at some point prior to zx and got turned into a bio metal
Thanked by:
Well yeah, it's not set in stone, it's just what I believe happened based on how the story was told.

Thanked by: trans the psycopath
If capcom thinks they'll get a large amount of money from it, they'll continue the series. If not, then they wont. That's pretty much every game franchise's principle:

"If you think a cash cow still got some more. Suck. It. DRY."
[Image: tumblr_mzx6bm02eC1s38z45o1_500.gif]
Anonymous Wrote:...the world is so much simpler if you just dont give a FUCK...
(02-08-2015, 12:00 AM)TomGuycott Wrote: Well yeah, it's not set in stone, it's just what I believe happened based on how the story was told.

Actually, one can even argue that he's died (at least figuratively) three times in the Zero - ZX eras alone.

1. Either literally dies at the end of Zero 4, or abandons the namesake of Zero and becomes Girouette, having the identity of "Zero" figuratively die.

2. If the latter is true, then Giro dies in the events of ZX, thus him dying again.

3. Model Z, or the embodiment of Zero for all intents and purposes in the events of ZX, seemingly sacrifices himself to stop the other Mega Men in the ending of ZX Advent. His fate is unclear (pretty much like the other two points), but in a hidden ending it shows that the Mega Men escaped, so it could either mean that they destroyed Model Z, or he just escaped too.

Zero dies enough times in actual canon to rival DBZ characters, with or without these three theories being true.

this giroutte is zero is interesting  and would explain why  model z looks different then zero era zero  while model o looks the same as omega. zero like all other reploids was upgraded so he would look different then before and it explains why girouette could choose the recipiant of model z while in everyone else the metal itself chose.
Thanked by:
(02-08-2015, 12:00 AM)TomGuycott Wrote: Well yeah, it's not set in stone, it's just what I believe happened based on how the story was told.

Does being cleaved in half near the end of MMX not count?
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: ~Axis~
I think if Zero is dead or not is pretty irrelevant here. No new Zero game is going to happen because it would be a financially dumb move.

Also Zero 4 pretty much says "Zero is dead" quite strongly. You have a better chance of The Green Mile 2 happening.
Thanked by: TomGuycott
(02-08-2015, 04:17 AM)Kriven Wrote: Does being cleaved in half near the end of MMX not count?

It does, but I said from the Zero series onward alone that I was counting. He dies like three other times in the X series.
Thanked by:
(02-08-2015, 06:47 AM)Goemar Wrote: I think if Zero is dead or not is pretty irrelevant here. No new Zero game is going to happen because it would be a financially dumb move.

Also Zero 4 pretty much says "Zero is dead" quite strongly. You have a better chance of The Green Mile 2 happening.

not any more "financially dumb" then producing 2 new games for the classic megaman series as long as its in a dirrect download form the risk is minimal and after all  series like shantae prove returning to an older series can work if you  put the effeort into the sequals. shantae was a fairly obscure game from 10 years ago and when it got its sequel it was a success infact  it  will be getting its 4th sequal very soon a prequal called shantae half genie hero.
Thanked by:
Classic Megaman is kinda, as in ridiculously, more well known than MMZ... Like, there is no comparison. Don't get me wrong I love the Zero games (2 being my favourite) to the point I made a terrible sprite comic years ago. But it's not even in the same league as the NES MM games when it comes to popularity.

And Shantae was ALWAYS planned to have a sequel, like just look into Shantae's history, there was no "going back to an old series" it was that Wayforward was finally in a position to make it.
Thanked by: E-Man