Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Having Trouble Ripping Sega CD Sprites
Question 
So, yesterday, I finally managed to install a Genesis Emulator that works on my operating system. Big Grin

I decided to rip some sprites from a Sega CD game (I had followed a tutorial on this site earlier.). So I started the game, got to where I wanted to rip the sprites, paused the game, opened up "CPU->Debug->Genesis->VDP", and I got to the VDP Screen: on the left is all the game's tiles, and in the right-hand corner is the palettes. Pretty basic, right? Well, here's the problem:

I can't click on anything. Sad

I tried clicking on another palette to change the color of the tiles-nothing. I tried scrolling the tiles-nothing. I literally cannot do anything on this screen except for changing to another debug menu! Could someone please help me?

P.S: I'm using Gens11b

EDIT: In order to help you guys understand my problem, here's an screenshot showcasing what exactly the screen looks like when I enter the VDP.
[Image: 1wIUWj4.png?1]
I don't usually watch shows for little girls, but when I do, it's My Little Pony.Cool
Stay pony, my friends...
Thanked by:
*sigh* Will anyone help me? I'm really wanting to rip sprites from Sega CD and Genesis games.
I don't usually watch shows for little girls, but when I do, it's My Little Pony.Cool
Stay pony, my friends...
Thanked by:
Dude, you have to be patient. You can't always expect someone to respond to a thread right away.
Thanked by:
 Sorry. Shy
Stay pony, my friends...
Thanked by:
After seeing this thread, I tried DebuGens since that image on your post are for most Gens related emulators (e.g. Gens, DebuGens, Gens G/S the latter more compatible with modern computers) except GensKMod (what I use if ripping via the ROM or savestates are out of the question) where it is done via a window making it much easier. I've spent about 10 minutes trying with pressing various buttons with no effect until I've looked up here where it works: https://tcrf.net/Help:Contents/Finding_C...cs#Genesis

Basically * to change palette, - to scroll down and + to scroll up. You need to do a print screen afterwards but the colours might be slightly off due to most Gens builds use 16bpp rather than the modern 24bpp however this can be fixed via a paint program.

Sorry about that and looking for help, am very rusty when it comes to ripping especially when it comes to Mega Drive/Genesis games.
Thanked by: Neon Streak