Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
medabots 8 dlc
i have heard that the new medabots 8 is quite awsome and has a dlc that can add even more medabots  so since i dont think it had an english release  i was wandering if anyone here has played it and can share what they think about it. as well do you think that if it were to get an english release that it would go over well.
Thanked by:
You've got a serious hard-on for the Medabots games, eh?
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
(02-04-2015, 05:35 PM)Kriven Wrote: You've got a serious hard-on for the Medabots games, eh?
what? they are extremly well made games with interesting characters and good  design not to mention awsome robots
Thanked by:
Medabots was the shit when I was growing up. I wish I could remember the game I used to play, it was for the GBA and you could mix and match different Medabots. There was a Rokusho and Metabee version
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by:
(02-04-2015, 08:40 PM)Sportoise Wrote: Medabots was the shit when I was growing up. I wish I could remember the game I used to play, it was for the GBA and you could mix and match different Medabots. There was a Rokusho and Metabee version
http://medabots.wikia.com/wiki/Medabots_%28GBA%29

I don't now why I recognize the gameplay for this, I've never actually played it myself.
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by:
Nah it was this
http://medabots.wikia.com/wiki/Medabots_AX
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by:
(02-04-2015, 10:28 PM)Sportoise Wrote: Nah it was this
Ah, okay. Is the game visually interesting? Like, would it be worth it to consider it for a personal ripping project? (Which I have a ton of currently, but eh)
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by:
(02-04-2015, 06:23 PM)trans the psycopath Wrote:
(02-04-2015, 05:35 PM)Kriven Wrote: You've got a serious hard-on for the Medabots games, eh?
what? they are extremly well made games with interesting characters and good  design not to mention awsome robots

apparently Medabots 8 (which is the game trans is talking about) that's coming out for the 3DS is like Front Mission for kids. It's got an RPG turn-based system where you can aim at certain parts of the enemy's robots and attack those (to damage their weaponry, etc.)

wasn't there a monster-battler game was that was revived recently that had like, an Americanized art-style, complete with African-Japanese middle-schoolers wearing basketball jerseys? Was it Medabots? Monster Rancher? Digimon, even? I could swear it was Medabots though. Please let it be Medabots. It looked straight-up ridiculous, but for all the right reasons.
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:
(02-04-2015, 10:36 PM)Shade Wrote:
(02-04-2015, 10:28 PM)Sportoise Wrote: Nah it was this
Ah, okay. Is the game visually interesting? Like, would it be worth it to consider it for a personal ripping project? (Which I have a ton of currently, but eh)
well it was ok but  in my opinion medarot g had much better sprites with a  much more colorful and interesting design. while medabots ax  had a more monotonous feel to it. plus i havent seen any sprite sheets from g anywhere  while ax is easy to find.
Thanked by:
oh oops didn't actually reply before

(02-04-2015, 04:31 PM)trans the psycopath Wrote: do you think that if it were to get an english release that it would go over well.

probably not, being that the turn-based system in this game makes the whole thing seems a bit tedious. It's not Last Remnant's "order-each-of-your-96-units-in-your-squad-separate-commands" tedious, but I don't think American audiences nowadays, with an obsession on games with twitch reflexes, could really expect to enjoy a game that you take out separate parts of an enemy in a turn-based fashion. I mean yeah, there's "target the chandelier so it falls on the monster's head to do massive damage" in JRPGs released here, or "attack the monster's toes by hacking and slashing until he falls over and reveals his weak point", but this is more like "target the 4 bolts keeping the chandelier in the ceiling before it cleanly falls onto the monster's head - oh yeah and that'll take about 3 turns before you do that damage, too bad you can't dodge the missiles the enemy's firing at you huh"
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: