Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sonic Lost World - ACB containers. Need Zeena's voice.
Tongue 
I plan to use them for a fan project of mine, but I cannot for the life of me rip from a ACB file.

I'm able to rip the 5 or 6 AWB files, but they only contain the music or the "announce" files (when the Zeti taunt Sonic while he's chasing them) But I'd like her battle sounds (grunts and maybe cutscene voices)

Please, and thanks.
I'm an opera-crossover singer undergoing classical voice training and I'm also making Super Smash Bros. Feud.

Discord: kold_virus
Thanked by:
If you upload a sample or two I can have a look.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Kold-Virus
PM'd you with the file. Thanks for responding. Smile
I'm an opera-crossover singer undergoing classical voice training and I'm also making Super Smash Bros. Feud.

Thanked by:
I already wrote some lousy scripts to extract the files a while ago ;p
http://puu.sh/fezdb.zip
ExtractAWB.bms to extract the AWB from the ACB file
AWB.bms to extract the AWB file
AWB_Padfix.bms to fix the extracted files

File format is Nintendo .DSP
Thanks a million for your scripts, TGE. They worked. 2 files won't play, but I got some of the main ones I needed. Smile

Thanked by:
(01-30-2015, 01:05 PM)TabuuForteAkugun Wrote: Thanks a million for your scripts, TGE. They worked. 2 files won't play, but I got some of the main ones I needed. Smile
They may be HCA files, then, check the first few letters in Notepad++ or a hex editor. If they are, change the extension to .HCA and use this program to convert them to WAVs, just put them in the same folder and run the .BAT.
Thanked by: Kold-Virus, puggsoy
Thank you too, Bush. I have all the files in the ACB now. Smile Now off to Audacity. Big Grin

Thanked by:
I've actually been extracting the sound files for myself to upload to The Sounds Resource. Tongue

Also, I found something interesting in the "se_system_worldmap.acb" file -- this depressing-sounding variant of the item fanfare. I know for a fact that it's not used in-game, it's not on the official soundtrack, either. The game's internal name for it is "sys_jingle_release_ng" and follows the same naming scheme as the fanfares that are used ("sys_jingle_release_1", "sys_jingle_release_2", "sys_jingle_release_3", and "sys_jingle_release_4"). Perhaps you could somehow fail to get an item reward at some point of the game's development?
Thanked by:
That right there is some creepy stuff.

Thanked by:
I didn't come here so much for the Sonic music per se, got here from a post linking to this thread on hcs64 forums. Just wanted to say that I noticed one thing about the BGM names, specifically "sys_jingle_release_ng". There is one seemingly unused version of the music box theme in Silent Hill 2 as well with that same suffix (ng). I was just wondering if anyone here had any idea what it might stand for?
Thanked by:
(02-02-2015, 10:47 AM)Nisto Wrote: I didn't come here so much for the Sonic music per se, got here from a post linking to this thread on hcs64 forums. Just wanted to say that I noticed one thing about the BGM names, specifically "sys_jingle_release_ng". There is one seemingly unused version of the music box theme in Silent Hill 2 as well with that same suffix (ng). I was just wondering if anyone here had any idea what it might stand for?
I would imagine that the "ng" stands for "No(t) Good".
Thanked by:
Does this game have any New Game mode? Wondering if it could just be that..
Thanked by:
nice seeing you here TGE I might need your help on something

(01-30-2015, 09:55 AM)TGE Wrote: I already wrote some lousy scripts to extract the files a while ago ;p
http://puu.sh/fezdb.zip
ExtractAWB.bms to extract the AWB from the ACB file
AWB.bms to extract the AWB file
AWB_Padfix.bms to fix the extracted files

File format is Nintendo .DSP
Thanked by:
All I want are the Badniks.
Cute

[Image: sadx_pose_by_jaysonjean-d8wjpq8.png]This is JaysonJean, from JaysonJean Channel. And it's time to Rock & Roll!
I'm a very fast learning, and very friendly! Let's do this.
Thanked by: