Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[CLOSED] Looking for Pixel Artists
Edit:  The positions have been filled.  I want to thank everyone that showed interest.

I'm looking for pixel artists for a game using the engine I posted in the Game Development section.

I'm going to launch a Kickstarter around June, but I'm paying for content for the introduction of the story.  The introduction will be provided for free to help build interest in backing the project.  This means that the artists I'm looking for will work on both introduction and full game.  No work on the full game will be expected if the project is not funded.  We will negotiate how much you need to work on the full game so that I can include the cost in the project.

I would prefer two artists so that work can be split up.  I would probably divide it into environment and character/effects as the two major sections, but there may be other smaller categories that will need to be included such as UI components.

The game engine is primarily inspired by Final Fantasy 6 mechanics, but the game isn't meant to be a sequel or fan game.

The preferred sizes are as follows:
Map tiles will be 16x16.  Characters will be within 16x26 (16 is max width, but height can vary depending on the character).  The screen resolution will be 640x480.  Backgrounds, enemies, and effects are only limited to the screen size.

Sizes could be negotiated if you feel that 16 pixels is too limiting, but most things need to be tileable and would be best if it was a power of 2.

I currently have an author that is writing the introduction.  His name is Gregory A. Wilson in case you want to see who he is and what he's been involved with.  I created a rough draft for him that will provide most of the information for what will need to be created.  Greg will provide a re-write of the introduction by April 3rd at the latest.

The theme for the introduction area will be Arabian.

Either post here or PM me if you have questions or are interested.
Thanked by: