Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Bad quality sprites
I ripped the achievements of The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth from steam. The ingame achievements are known as secrets and are different.

Unfortunately Steam achievements are JPEGs, so they have a reduced quality, but I can easily recreate them using ingame sprites.
So my question is: should I recreate these sprites? Can they be accepted when I submit them?

Here a comparison, on the left side is the original and on the right is my version.

[Image: stitch_hi_by_guy_who_does_art-d7hridu.jpg]
Thanked by:
As long as they're being remade to fit perfectly, I personally don't see why it would be wrong to do so.
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by: Random Talking Bush
Good, I'll now start working on them, but I'd like to hear some more opinions.

Edit: Random Talking Bush thanked your post, so I take this as a permission.
Thanked by:
I think it is a nice idea, but it should be noted somewhere that they are recreations, not the original.
Thanked by:
(02-01-2015, 03:27 PM)Hiccup Wrote: I think it is a nice idea, but it should be noted somewhere that they are recreations, not the original.
One could argue that, although it wouldn't hurt to do so.
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by:
(02-01-2015, 03:27 PM)Hiccup Wrote: I think it is a nice idea, but it should be noted somewhere that they are recreations, not the original.
Makes sense, but yeah, cleaning up the icons is a good idea, nobody likes JPG'd sprites. As long as there aren't any discrepancies between the original and the re-made icons (such as using a completely different sprite) then it should be acceptable as a rip.
Thanked by: Shade, SuperFlomm
Achievements
Achievements
Thanked by: