Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pokken|WE FGC NOW. GOTTA CATCH THEM ALL Kappa
So they released some gameplay footage of Pokken on the NicoNico stream earlier.

Confirmed Characters

Playable
•Machamp
•Lucario
•Pikachu 
•Suicune
•Gardevoir

So Lucario is pretty shoto, two of these characters are pretty zoney, and Machamp is probably going to have a hard time dealing with projectiles. His dashing move may go through them though, idunno

Assist
Emolga 
Snivy
Lapras
Fennekin 

•Evidently they're customizable to a degree

The Controller
•The arcade machine won't be played with a stick. It has an all button controller instead.
It looks pretty swank. 

Gameplay I really expect a console release. If it is, I have no idea if it will compatible with the Wii Arcade Fighting Stick, or if it will require regular controllers. Maybe the arcade controller would even be released
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by: Maxpphire
Don't forget that Blaziken is playable. We know this from the very first set of screenshots.

[Image: 357n7r6_zps67bc167e.gif]
Thanked by:
Holy shit. Actual gameplay footage. dat pika poke game

I never thought I'd be so absurdly hype about a Pokemon game, but this actually looks amazing. I especially like how there's a projectile combat phase and a melee phase, where the moment a character makes physical contact, combat becomes a single-plane traditional Tekken-esque fighting system with juggle combos.

Deep down though I feel like the projectile combat phase could be drawn out and abused with spamming projectiles the whole match :/ I think that's why the melee phase part of matches is a thing, though, but if there's like actual knockback with projectiles, that could get really obnoxious after a while, especially if you're trying to close in on your opponent.
I wouldn't mind if there was like, an Agility mechanic that allows you to sidestep projectiles with a precision button-press. That'd be kind of neat. :V

EDIT: Apparently I didn't watch the Machamp VS Suicune video. Machamp has a defensive roll he can use to dodge projectiles until he's close enough to force melee combat...but apparently, you can break melee combat and go back into projectile phase...and yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about. That Machamp didn't really stand a chance with that Suicune spam game (especially with that obscene chip damage) ):

and that pika sumo stomp. oh my god. what disrespect
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: Iceman404
Meh, I'll put Blaziken up when he's confirmed later on. You know how early stuff is, some things wind up getting cut. While I doubt a Pokemon as popular as Blaziken would be, you never know.

I'm not a big fan of the projectile phase. It just seems too open to me. Although I'm not exactly too big on the DBZ games either because of that. I'm afraid Machamp is going to have difficulty with zoning. The roll is nice, but when you're at a disadvantage for a whole phase though.

So who are yall hoping for? I'm banking on Poliwrath, Hawlucha, and Ursaring. Ditto would be cool too for a Mokujin like character. Heracross, Pinsir... Fucking Granbull
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by: Kriven, Tellis
Need some Scrafty, Heracross, and Electabuzz all in this shit.

Looks gorgeous though.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by: Kosheh, TomGuycott, Tellis, recme
I've been hoping for Primeape since day one.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: TomGuycott, Tellis
Hariyama is all I ask. Sumo Poke Tournament.
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by: TomGuycott, Tellis
(01-23-2015, 10:02 AM)Kosheh Wrote: and that pika sumo stomp. oh my god. what disrespect

actually, i watched it again and i just realized that several of Pikachu's moves (and especially his sumo stomp) are borrowed from Heihachi

Pikachu Mishima

EDIT: A little brainfuel for my friends: Pokken Tournament makes use of the BANA PASSPORT card system (which is why you see "NO CARD" in the videos above), like most coin-op arcade video games in Japan use a publisher-unique card today to read and write player data onto a card. These are placed on a pad somewhere on the control panel (where the...gamepads sit, I guess) and use NFC.

...sound familiar? >=)
Thanked by: recme, Tellis
Some odd choices for playable characters... I wouldn't have guessed Suicune or Pikachu. (Maybe Luchadore Pikachu)

Who I want:
Ditto (Mokujin)
Abomasnow
Eelctabuzz
Scizor
Hawlucha

and HITMON-MOTHERFUCKING-LEE
Thanked by:
(01-23-2015, 08:10 PM)Helmo Wrote: Some odd choices for playable characters... I wouldn't have guessed Suicune or Pikachu. (Maybe Luchadore Pikachu)

I really hope there's customization like in Tekken for characters.

machamp man randy savage

(I was originally just going to make a joke about Luchador Pikachu and then realized all the opportunity that this game actually has)
Thanked by:
You know, I was actually expecting the mons to be fighting alongside the human characters. I should've known that wouldn't happen, especially after Pokemon Conquest XD.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by:
I've been happily on board the idea of a real Pokemon fighter since it was announced. The serious style/concept about it, ala Tekken, but with Pokemon is too amusing.
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by: Kriven
To this day my favorite Pokemon spinoff is Pokemon Ranger. However this could give it a run for it's money... then again I said that when I saw PokePark Pikachu's Adventure and I was super dissapointed.

Thanked by:
(01-24-2015, 03:46 PM)Koh Wrote: You know, I was actually expecting the mons to be fighting alongside the human characters. I should've known that wouldn't happen, especially after Pokemon Conquest XD.

I think this was actually in an interview. Harada said that he wanted to have originally like 20 trainers fighting it out against one another as well, but that idea was thrown out after 2 seconds :/
Thanked by:
I'm wondering what their reason for that is. If they say animal abuse, I'd gladly direct them to the Smash Bros series XD. I think it'd be neat for the humans to actually be in on the action, instead of just on the sidelines.

It's one of the reasons I've always preferred the Digimon anime over Pokemon's anime, especially Savers, since Daimon Masaru literally punches the Digimon to activate his DigiSoul. Also, the monsters can talk, so you can actually understand what the flip they're saying, and become best buddies for realsies.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by: