Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Games You Couldn't Beat
I'm not sure what sucks worse: getting to the final stage just to have to give up there, or being unable to beat a early stage and not seeing the rest of the game.

Either way you don't win! Sad

Here's some games that beat me:

The Adventure of Link - Link's adventure ends in the 2nd temple.

Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz - Ultra Heaven 5 'nuff said.

Sonic SpinBall - I get the final stage (and sometimes even Eggman), but I lose there every time.
(I did beat the GameGear version tho)

Mercury Meltdown Remix - Gave up trying up to beat all of the levels, let alone with the extra stuff to do on them.

Basically every Megaman game besides the 6th one, for some reason.

Animal Crossing - How do I win? Surprise 

Zelda Four Swords Anniversary - I would gladly use a Super Guide on the 3rd Hero's Trial stage.

Cave Story - Just got too hard. Cry

Super Mario Sunshine - I refuse to use a guide for the Blue Coins.

Super Mario Advance - Find Yoshi Eggs because it's fun, right? WRONG!

Fire Emblem - Maybe playing Fire Emblem from the very first, NES game wasn't such a good idea.
Respect and Care
Love for People
Faith in Christ
Thanked by: puggsoy, recme
Cave Story for me as well, the boss battles are too frequent for me even though I enjoy the bits in between. I gave up on the big tank thing (apparently called Monster X).

Also Antichamber is crazy. I got pretty far but last time I played I was stuck at all the points I'd reached. I should give it another shot.

NightSky requires you to collect 3 secret stars near the end. I know which levels secret stars are in but I'm absolutely clueless how to obtain a single one.

Spacechem is difficult. It's fun and interesting though so I should really play more some day.

Superbrother: Sword and Sworcery EP. I have both the mobile and PC version. It's better as a mobile game but I also need peace and quiet to play it properly, which I rarely have when I resort to mobile gaming. I should probably take some time to sit in my room and play it every now and again.

Guacamelee! It's a pretty fun game but the bosses are sooo hard. Gave up on the second, but I need to go back and try it again.

Warcraft 2 and 3, Age of Empires 1 and 2: These are all great but for some reason I seem unable to persist with RTS games, and by the time I go back to play them I decide to start from the beginning again.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
(12-27-2014, 10:57 PM)Neweegee Wrote: Super Mario Sunshine - I refuse to use a guide for the Blue Coins.
Ahaha, this is exactly the place I got in that game. So tedious. :I

Also, I'm pretty sure to "beat" Animal Crossing, you just need to pay off your debt, right?
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by: E-Man, recme
As far as I'm concerned Roxas died in Aladdins world due to heat stroke and baklava in Kingdom hearts days.
[Image: JSW7XoM.png][Image: M9AUckK.png]
Star Fox Adventures, I couldn't beat that part where you have to hit "A" super fast.
Thanked by: Kriven
So were talking about games we never 100%? Because "beat" can mean a lot of things. Like I beat the story mode in The Wonderful 101 but I didn't collect all the medals, find all the figures, unlock all the bottlecaps, get all Platinums... and I don't think I ever will.

Thanked by:
I've been getting to Sigma's final form for sixteen years, but I just can't seem to win... (Mega Man X)
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
(12-28-2014, 05:29 AM)Koopaul Wrote: So were talking about games we never 100%? Because "beat" can mean a lot of things. Like I beat the story mode in The Wonderful 101 but I didn't collect all the medals, find all the figures, unlock all the bottlecaps, get all Platinums... and I don't think I ever will.

I think that in this case we're just talking about story mode or the "main" game. There are very few games that I've ever 100%'d (2 that I can remember, maybe one other), and I'm sure most people here would have endless lists of ones they haven't.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
Well if that's the case, then you don't really need all the Blue Coins to beat Super Mario Sunshine.

Thanked by:
I think it's up to each poster what they consider "beat", don't you think? I mean, with some objective rules... obviously just completing the Gruntilda Quiz but never beating her boss battle wouldn't count as beat by either sense, but I think when it comes to End-Game vs. 100%, it should be up to each person's preference.

On that note: Banjo-Tooie. I could never beat Canary Mary in Cloud Cuckooland.

And I'll echo some of the above sentiments:

I couldn't get through the lava river in Mario Sunshine without an Action Replay giving me unlimited water, and I could never get past MuscleFoot in Star Fox Adventures.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
The first Advance Wars. Could never beat Strum (was that his name?) and his stupid meteor strike. Literally spent whole days trying...
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by:
Pac-Man World. The Anubis Rex and King Galaxian boss fights always gave me hell when I was a kid.
Thanked by:
Strangely enough despite playing games for so long, I am actually not very good at games some took literally years to beat such as Sonic 1 and 2, same thing for Super Mario Land (2 one on the otherhand done plenty of times) meaning that there are a fair of amount of games that I am stuck without much progress to the point of embarrassment:

Sonic 3/Sonic & Knuckles: Sonic 3 I can only get as far as Marble Garden, either Act 1 or Act 2 then it is Game Over plus at this point I get a bit fed up of the game. No barrel, no barrel. S&K though I was stuck on Flying Battery for years and when I was a kid, I couldn't even get past the Act 1 boss! Tried again this year, got stuck on Sandopolis for a while but managed to do it and now got towards Death Egg Act 2 but died early on the stage. So close.

Taz in Escape from Mars: For years I was stuck on the Mole World Boss (if that driller didn't get me first) and only once that I got towards Planet X aka the Labyrinth Zone rip off. Tried again this year and got stuck on the Planet X boss without any way of defeating it.

Silent Scope 2: For a while I was stuck on the North Yorkshire boss but this year got as far as the London meat packing boss and died.

Uncharted 2 - The Turkish palace but can't quite remember why.

Super Bomberman 2 - The first boss, once spent about 2 hours trying to beat it but towards failure (even with the 1111 ultimate power cheat).

Mighty Switch Force 2 - Stage 14, the one with the pipes at the beginning on the left. I can get at least half way though but got stuck on the timing and the order of the switches.

Perfect Dark - The last stage, even though it has been literally years ago the first part of the stage.

God of War (HD) - Pandora's Guardian part of the game, unable to progress.

Punch-Out [Wii] - Bear Hugger. Despite the advice on the game, I always seem to fail on that match with the timing (have bad timing). Then again I haven't tried on my current TV so it could have been input lag...

Batman: Arkham City - There is a part of the game where Batman ends up on like a dream where you have to gliding up in a steamy type of place, I can never get past this bit and gave up.

Also the first boss of Luigi's Mansion 2, I keep trying to clear it but keep failing every time. It also doesn't help that after the first phase, it is poorly explained what to do next even after looking up FAQs. It is a shame since before that point, I really enjoyed the game.

Oh and regarding beat. I consider beat if I done the main game, complete if it is 100% and (sometimes use) clocked it if it is just the main game only with no other options.
Thanked by:
Well here's a game I never beat. Super Mario Bros. The original. Yup. It's the only Mario game I have yet to beat. Oh and Lost Levels. If you can't beat the original there's no way you can beat Lost Levels.

Thanked by:
A few GBA era Fire Emblems...
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by: