Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Santi's M&L:BiS Custom Sprites
Hey ya'll.  I've REALLY wanted to get into this style for awhile now, so after some practice, I decided to try out some characters in the style of Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.  I know there are some people who sprite great in this style (not sure if they are still around), so I'm hoping to get some feedback, if only a little. Tongue

[Image: aWkt6cJ.png]
Loving that Mallow!
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:
I admit to being very worried when clicking this.

Thank you for actually delivering.
[Image: 582217063e.png][Image: RWDCRik.png]

Thanked by: SupahSanti, Thor, E-Man, Neslug, Ton
These look really nice! But two things:
1. What is the character second to last?
2. WHY DID YOU DECAPITATE TEO OF THE KOOPA KIDS!?!?
[Image: rHiHaRN.jpg]
Thanked by:
To answer your first question, that would be an Ant Trooper from Super Mario 3D World.

[Image: 150px-Blue_Ant_Artwork_-_Super_Mario_3D_World.png]
http://www.mariowiki.com/Ant_Trooper

As for your second question, I'm not sure what you mean by "teo," but I'm taking a guess that you meant to say "two." Anyway, I think he left Morton and Wendy as heads, so he could edit two copies of Larry's body and stick the heads on when the time is right.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:
That last one was just a joke. It looked like he decapated them. Wink And thanks. I haven't gotten a chance to play 3D World yet.
[Image: rHiHaRN.jpg]
Thanked by:
Welp, I couldn't tell if your were being serious or you were joking there, so I guess that one went above my head.  Shy

Anyway, try giving Super Mario 3D World a go once you get the chance. It's considered to be the freshest Mario as of now.
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

Thanked by: Joxon
@Joxon: They are indeed Ant Troopers! You really need to play 3D World; it's a blast.

I'm glad you guys like the sprites! Poor Wendy and Morton still need bodies though. I wanted to see how Larry's came out before I made ones for them. I will be bringing them back to life making them fresh bodies, not just copies of Larry's.

More sprites to come! Big Grin

Oh, by the way, is it frowned upon to make your own color scheme for this sprite style? Or am I only restricted to colors already used on other sprites?
Thanked by: E-Man, Joxon
That's the idea, yeah. When spriting in a particular style, you want to limit yourself to that game's "rules," including palette.
Thanked by: SupahSanti
(12-22-2014, 03:18 PM)Ton Wrote: That's the idea, yeah. When spriting in a particular style, you want to limit yourself to that game's "rules," including palette.

Now would we be allowed to mix palettes?
Thanked by:
What do you mean?
Thanked by:
I mean like, take a basic green color from one palette, let's say Luigi's palette, then take darker green from another palette, let's say Bowser, and use both those colors in the same palette. Would that be allowed?
Thanked by:
Since they're all part of the official palette, I don't see why that's not acceptable.

Thanked by: Ton, SupahSanti
[Image: Lu130Ma.png]

Got a couple new ones.  I also updated the Yoshi, the old one was VERY old, but I'm not so sure about it.  I don't know, the head seem off to me.  I do plan on updating some of my older ones (Mallow and Ant Trooper).  I remember making a Tutankoopa (a boss in Paper Mario) sprite at some point, but I can't seem to find the file.  Oh well :/
Thanked by: E-Man, Garamonde
Yeah, Yoshi's head looks pretty crowded now. And feel free to take color from anywhere, as long as it's the same game.
Thanked by: