Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Help ripping from J-Stars Victory Vs .pak files
I'm trying to rip the character models from J-Stars Victory Vs, but I'm kind of new at ripping from PS3, and I need some help. I was able to get the .iso, extract it, extract the .cpk files, and now I'm stuck with a bunch of .pak files that as far as I can tell are a lot like .bin files. If someone could give me some help, I would greatly appreciate it. If needed, I can upload the file partition for the models. Thank you!
[Image: 76561198145939226.png]
"It's not a lake, it's an ocean."
Thanked by:
i tried doing this a few months ago.. and i couldnt figure it out. y not ask over in the xentax fortums?
Thanked by:
(12-20-2014, 06:14 PM)Demonslayerx8 Wrote: i tried doing this a few months ago.. and i couldnt figure it out. y not ask over in the xentax fortums?

Don't use Xentax. If you're asking about a game that isn't from Ubisoft, then nine times out of ten, they will ignore you.
Thanked by:
Thanks for the advice. Any other suggestions?
Thanked by:
(12-20-2014, 10:09 PM)Mystie Wrote:
(12-20-2014, 06:14 PM)Demonslayerx8 Wrote: i tried doing this a few months ago.. and i couldnt figure it out. y not ask over in the xentax fortums?

Don't use Xentax. If you're asking about a game that isn't from Ubisoft, then nine times out of ten, they will ignore you.

Besides, since they had added some new strict rules months ago, there's no more decent improvements about asking for certain models, neither you're able to send the files to them to try to decompress it or make a script, becuz they no longer accept those kinds of files anymore. That's why I am here, becuz I was used to be in Xentax and Noesis was the best model ripping for almost every software until the author left his webpage and Xentax as well, now the only updates it seems to have are just bug fixes. Even it's clear how the page has changed, normally every week they give news updates about game ripping stuff, from models to sprites and sounds... Since the new rules, none of those news had been posted... Cry

It's kinda worrying since I was interested in a rigged model of Sadaharu that appears in that game, and I already tried with a Gintama wii ISO with no avail. I may try it with ninja ripper but the last time I did it, was a real pain to delete the scenarios and other characters, specially Gintoki, who was too close to Sadaharu and by mistake I end deleting Sadaharu's polys... And even by some chance I finish cleaning the mess, leaving only the desired model to make a rigging... Just after I wielded the polys, it ended looking like it has a black TV noise, a messed up model that didn't worth any effort.   Cry

After failing on the 3 only known ways to rip it, as well as I would as well rip all other stuff for you... It's obvious that I decided to give a little hope to this game..... Too bad. Sad
It seems that the only way to get that big dog, is only created by some kind of pro modeler that recreates it as a custom rigged model... But I think that's a no can do, specially for free. Sad
Thanked by:
Ok. I was hoping to rip Kenshin, Shishio, and Kuroko Tetsuya, but it looks like I'll have to wait until someone finds out how to rip from this game. Thanks for the help!
Thanked by:
(12-21-2014, 02:01 PM)way2gomario Wrote: Ok. I was hoping to rip Kenshin, Shishio, and Kuroko Tetsuya, but it looks like I'll have to wait until someone finds out how to rip from this game. Thanks for the help!

Indeed... it seems like this is the only second option we have than waiting for a custom model of Sadaharu or any other character from Shonen Jump. Tongue
Thanked by:
I believe there are programs that will enable you to unpack the .pak files. All it is really is a simpler combo of the files in one file. I've googled some results and there are ways you can extract the files. It's just gonna take some time finding the right program or method best suited to extraction.
Thanked by:
post a pak file
Thanked by:
(01-05-2015, 03:52 PM)TGE Wrote: post a pak file

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. College and stuff. Here you go: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzPXtcX...sp=sharing
Thanked by:
So now that J Stars has finally come to ps3 i did some looking and seen that they still used .pak files.

Anyone have a idea on how we can find the models in the game and open up the .pak files? 

Here are some Sample .pak files i found in the character models folder

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ay0469...K_FILES.7z
Thanked by:
The pak files are compressed, can't do much with it.
Thanked by:
seems to be a compressed .dat file.. from what my .pak unpacker said... but it wasnt able to unpack them.
Thanked by:
Smile 
So does this mean the game will remain unrippable and never be ripped?  Sad
Thanked by:
(07-15-2015, 04:02 AM)ASideOfChidori Wrote: So does this mean the game will remain unrippable and never be ripped?  Sad

oh hey, i know u!! xD

but ya... pretty much as of now, pretty much unrippable... until some1 makes a unpacker to get the model files..
Thanked by: