Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Legend of Zelda U - Epona has tree support!
Could not find a thread for this... so...

~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by: Paladin, E-Man, TomGuycott
le hype face.jpg

It is looking empty at the moment but I was expecting as much. I'm also quite pleased to see the magic bar back where it belongs, hopefully this means elemental arrows are available as well as some of the other magic-based items that TP and SS didn't use.
Thanked by:
"Wooooah, nice graphic!"

In all seriousness, this looks amazing. I'm thinking that what they zoomed out of probably was the majority of the map, but I could be wrong. It does make me wonder what's going to be filling all that empty space. It's probably going to feel like the Great Sea, but on land.

I'm hoping for lots of bosses and minibosses. I want the world filled with tough captains and monsters guarding valuables.

The comments about Star Fox and Majora's mask has me excited too, but is there a teaser for Star Fox yet? All I remember is Miyamoto playing it in the background during e3, and if it is supposed to come out before Zelda, I feel like it should have had a trailer by now.
Thanked by: Mystie, Gwen, recme
We need some supernerds to analyze that map.

It's huge!

[Image: wZxfJ8l.jpg]
there's a cute lil skull lake up in the top corner there
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Thanked by: Gwen, recme, Iceman404
Too much.

Too much open space.

It was never the vastness of the space that made Zelda games fun to traverse, it was the characteristics of each area. Everything we've seen so far just looks like the same copy-pasted environments for miles. What unique landmarks there are all seem to be hidden in the grass, taking a back seat for the player to behold the game's "beauty".

In Majora's Mask you weren't just running through fields and forests of a generic type... Even when you were just scaling a mountain, for example, it was broken into definable sections. The section with three hills connected by rickety bridges and plagued with Wolfos, the section of twisting ridges surrounding the city, the base and river where the blacksmiths forge, the treacherous and windy road to the ice dungeon.

This is beauty and vastness with nothing unique to fill the space. It's travel for the sake of travel. I hope I'm wrong, but it sure isn't looking like I will be. And the multiple interviews suggesting they want the game to feel more like Skyrim and other "open-world" titles is extremely discouraging.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
So after seeing maybe 1% of the game's world, you can conclude that there's nothing unique to fill in the space? This despite the pretty unique looking features from the original e3 trailer?

OK, Kriven
The fact that it's only 1% of the game map actually makes my point more potent.

It will take five minutes to traverse 1% of the map.

That's a problem.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
I don't care if it's open-world or not, I still think it looks great.
Thanked by:
(12-06-2014, 12:40 PM)Kriven Wrote: The fact that it's only 1% of the game map actually makes my point more potent.

That's a problem.

maybe for you.

But a lot of people actually like games like Skyrim, and the idea of a game that plays like Zelda in a world similar to Skyrim is pretty exciting. 

(he said it would take 5 minutes on foot, there are faster methods of travel (like that horse (or that sail cloth)))
Thanked by: Gwen, Mystie
(12-06-2014, 12:40 PM)Kriven Wrote: The fact that it's only 1% of the game map actually makes my point more potent.

That's a problem.

Well, that's why Epona has tree support.

• Boot up Zelda U
  • Check out where to go next
  • Call Epona
  • Put down Gamepad
  • Make a sandwich
  • Come back, and there you are at the dungeon :0)
Now if only Aonuma was working on a new, futuristic Zelda game with the Epona motorcycle I've always wanted (yes, it was in Mario Kart! But not in a main Zelda game) ):

(12-06-2014, 01:09 PM)Phantom Killah Wrote: (he said it would take 5 minutes on foot, there are faster methods of travel (like that horse (or that sail cloth)))

If I can use the sailcloth while I'm on Epona this game will be GOTY all years
*Epona equips Sunglasses item from dpad, puts hooves up and equips Sailcloth item, sails across valley while Link is on her back*
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Never have I ever heard somebody complain of to much to explore in a Zelda game, especially when it's pretty obvious they're showing us the very early stages of the map
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
(12-06-2014, 01:09 PM)Phantom Killah Wrote: maybe for you.

I am definitely stating my opinions from my perspective based on my likes, yes.

@Gwen: I'm not worried that there's too much to explore... I'm worried there's too little specific variation to explore.

I'm worried the whole game is going to feel like OoT's Hyrule Field multiplied by about a hundred. Too much non-specific scenery and not enough actual content.
Thanked by: E-Man
Why worry about that when what they showed was obviously "rough, early, basic" stuff? From what I saw the environment already looks like it'll vary a lot
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by: Mystie, recme, Maxpphire
imagine if you could vault off of your horse and then use the hookshot in the air

imagine how cool that would be
(12-06-2014, 01:34 PM)Gwen Wrote: Why worry about that when what they showed was obviously "rough, early, basic" stuff? From what I saw the environment already looks like it'll vary a lot

Interviews make it sound like Aonuma wants the franchise to be more sandbox, and I've never liked sandbox as a core aspect of a game.

Sandbox post-game I've always liked, though. Once a game has been mastered and there really isn't anything else to do plot-wise, dungeon-wise. But again, the N64 games (and Wind Waker's islands, at least) had definable landmarks that were solely to that space. Here I'm seeing vast fields like the ones in Twilight Princess, which were just so barren and samey for the most part. I just started Skyward Sword last week or so and got to the point where you can finally leave Skyloft. There's this spiraling path into a crater, and running up and down that thing is just tedious busywork. It sounds like they want Zelda U to be even more tedious.
Thanked by: