Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pokemon red/blue/green/yellow yoshi
hi new guy in peace here just for fun i made yoshi if he was in the first pokemon games

oh and if anyone wants to use these sprites for fan made games please give credit

enjoy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by:
These look more like slight edits and recolours (which are kinda taboo here) if existing Yoshi sprites than Pokemon sprites. I would suggest making a custom (or at least edited) larger Yoshi sprite.
[Image: rHiHaRN.jpg]
Thanked by: E-Man
Well...Even though I resent edits and recolors, I really do think they can work if you edit a sprite beyond recognition. The problem here is that the instant I see these sprites, I know where you got them from (Yoshi's Island DS, SMW, Yoshi's Island).

As a start, why not put down some of your own lineart and try improving from there?
Thanked by: Virt, Joxon
well I didn't actually copy and paste the sprites and just change the colour

I couldn't find some of the sprites sheets from some of the games (smw, yoshi island, DS ) so what i did was start from scratch by using some images that were found on the internet that were a bit faded (not sprites sheets as they didnt show up) and just recreated them using paint.

I also felt that some of the sprites used fitted in the art style of the game (smw and smw 2:yoshi island) as those games were released around a year or a couple of years before the first pokemon games came out in Japan.

I guess I should of put no copyright infringement intended on my sprite sheet though.
Thanked by:
While I understand you didn't copy and edit, you still used existing sprites and recreated them then recoloured them. Like DDP said they just look like blatant copies of official Yoshi sprites. I still think that it would be nice if you tried to create your own Yoshi sprite or edit one (like DDP said) beyond recognition.
[Image: rHiHaRN.jpg]
Thanked by: